If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#68386 by Bubbles Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:28 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Machineda. Scammers steal the identity of real people, including pictures or short video clips to appear to be on a webcam. The person in the pictures is 99.999% not the person you have been communicating with. Thank you for defacing the photos before posting them here.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
Advertisement

#75886 by Bridget1 Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:20 pm
He has been chatting with me, also. He is on POF. His new email address is [email protected]. I just googled his name and this webpage popped up. Thanks for the warning. I wish I new how to post the photos he has been sending me. The real soldier Miller probably doesn't even know that his photos are being used in this manner. I have different pictures of the real soldier Miller. All of them need to be posted. So women will know this is a scam.
#77993 by _dd56_ Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:13 pm
Hi, I'm Deeanna who originally started this post. I don't know who the white guy is in the photo but 'George Miller' turned out to be a black guy living in Accra. I actually chatted with George and his flat mate 'Derry' several times on the webcam and by landline and by fixed telephone. He rang me back in the middle of the night a few times & told me he'd be happy to come and visit me (obviously, I didnt let it get that far). His name really is George aged 29. He admitted that he uses women to fund his adult education in business studies hence his english being passable but not brilliant. I have changed my address a few times and when I see him I send him a message to let him know I spotted him. Sometimes I get a reply. I can spot George's profiles a mile away. He's my pet hate.....lol ! I have to say that these scammers work in organised groups so this guy who's photo you posted may well be part of the ring. I see George using womens profiles too. Have a look on 4PPL for Brian Miller and you'll find a new pic of George (the soldier) at his desk with his laptop. This is a photo I've not seen before and I'm beginning to wonder if this guy is actually selling his pics to George as there are regular updates. I've had his photo in dress uniform, in his passing out uniform, on holiday in Hawai in shirt, in t-shirt infront of the baseball stadium, in army uniform with 2 english soldiers on the firing range, outside the barracks in uniform and in another t-shirt at a café table. I tried for a long time to find out which regiment the real soldier comes from using the insignia on his uniform but have had no luck. I tried contacting the us army who couldnt even be bothered to send a propper reply and don't seem to give a flying .... whether their soldiers identities are freudulently used or not. It's also possible that the name has been changed on the uniformed photos. After all, it's a lucrative business so they shouldnt have any trouble paying an expert to do this. Anyone know how to track down the real soldier 'George Miller' if he does in fact exist ?
#77997 by Dotti Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:16 pm
It's important to understand rule number one when dealing with scammers: Scammers lie. Lies often come more easily than the truth. What this means, is that even when they "confess," scammers will continue to tell lies. They might tell the truth in some things, but they will continue to lie on others--whatever is convenient for them or might lead to money for them.

First, the scammer's real name is not George. He is living in Ghana (that much is most likely true), and is either from Ghana or Nigeria. His real name would be Ghanaian or Nigerian. The name George is neither. It is a name of Greek origin. This is what Ghanaian names look like: http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/category-ghanaian-names.html
As far as the other things he told you go, they are as likely to be false as true.

There is absolutely no reason to believe the soldier in the photos is involved in any way. More likely, the real soldier has a facebook, myspace, or other social networking page that has or had open access, and the scammer has simply been helping himself to everything posted. The real soldier may be named George Miller, but he is as likely to be Scott Miller, Jim Miller, or one of thousands of other names (assuming the name on the uniform is not altered--if it is, there are millions of possibilities). He is also just as likely to be married, and to not welcome intrusions into his personal life from strangers who have been scammed using his photos.

The Army itself is aware of these scams, but they simply can't do anything. They don't have jurisdiction in Ghana, and they don't have the manpower (or authority) to track down individuals in Ghana who are hiding behind fake identities and logging on through IP's used by hundreds of other people. They are also going to be unwilling (and unable according to privacy policies) to invade soldiers' privacy by sharing their personal information with total strangers, so if you contact them trying to find out who the real soldier is, they are not going to give you information. The military has posted warnings about these scams, but beyond that, they are unable to do much.

It is not a good idea to continue communicating with scammers who have your real life information. If you are interested in baiting, visit 419eater.com to learn about how to do it safely.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#79443 by rosalill Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:00 pm
Hello
This handsome man is sgt Miller. That is his real name. His pictures is now all over, so just keep reporting them. They have been used to try to scam me, twice. And I have found these pictures several other places. I have reported those profiles, and got them shut down. Keep this hunt going... :twisted:
rosalill
#79764 by Bubbles Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:38 am
Rosalill,

The scammer will keep opening accounts too. Leave the accounts so we can have a good database of his locations and the names he is using.

I know you think that killing the profiles helps, but it does not. It makes it harder for us to keep track of him and have current information. Please help us in this way.

#80140 by rosalill Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:17 pm
Hello
The large picture is showing a military man named Miller. Yes, that is his name in real life. I have been contacted by two scammers using his pictures. Many of his pictures are stolen from him and used this way. I have posted some of them in this forum too.
good luck with your "hunting"
rosalill
#81787 by Global Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:07 pm
Oh my Gosh i can't believe i saw the person who scammed me i wish i saw these photos before.
I have blocked him already pretending to be a Brigadier General Peter Roy Miller of Afghanistan ....
#81814 by Global Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:39 am
As far as i can remember this was his first email to me but, started to chat to me over skype then he told me to open up another email account so we can privately talk .His name is General Peter Roy Miller when he actually introduced himself to me ...

General Miller [email protected]
12/13/11

to me
Sweetheart, thank you so much for your pictures, they all look awesome and as I look at them here on the hospital bed, I feel horney and longing to touch that soft, cute and lovely skin... But right now, am confined to the bed and that is why I got this Laptop here so I can always talk with you.... I just woke up and just couldn't wait to come on here to see if you are here waiting for me..... You mentioned something about your internet.... does that mean I won't be able to talk with you anymore??? Please, don't do that as I will miss you more and may not have a speedy recovery.... I have missed you so much and I honestly and genuiely love you with all of my heart, body and soul... I will keep checking on you till I am able to get hold of you online and we cold have a nice and wonderful chat again.
Love Always,
Miller
#81815 by Global Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:42 am
And this is the email that he sent off on his trip coming over to my country

Jan 9 (9 days ago)

to me
Hello Sweetie... I know you will wake up any moment, but I was packing and I quickly went to town to get a gift for you since I will be leaving today.... I want to make sure am not forgetting anything before my trip....., I have missed you so so much and I hope to chat with you before leaving today... don't forget... my flight details and when I will arrive there.... first i will be boarding Air India, Flight 244 320 from Kabul (KBL) to New Delhi IGI (DEL), 01:50pm -09Jan, monday... you try and come online so we can finalize our arrangement... am missing you so so much honey. kisses and hugss to you my love.
Miller
#81816 by Global Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:43 am
What a horrible scammer he is...

Jan 9 (9 days ago)

to me
Sweetie, am on my way to the airport now and will send you an email when I have arrived there... Pray for my safe trip to you sweetie... am so excited now and will be there in your arms soon
love you so much
#81817 by Global Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 am
I was waiting and waiting to meet him but, that day he did not arrive and got this another email from a so called
his senior.

GENERAL IS DEAD

James Tiigah [email protected]
Jan 12 (6 days ago)

to me
Attention

Madam,

An information reaching us this afternoon that General Miller was killed in his convoy returning on his final general routing inspection before the commencement of his vacation. Madam we would like to know your relationship with the great General so that we will know if the box should be sent to you after the payment of the remaining balance $800 USD. Please do get back to us as soon as possible. May his soul rest in peace.

Best Regards
Mr. James Tiijah
United Nations Office Nigeria
Address: 4 Tijani street
Ikoyi. Lagos Nigeria
Tel: +2347055950167
#81822 by Bubbles Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:16 am
I am sure you know there was no general. There was no death and there is no box. The only thing that would be real is the $800.00 the scammer hopes to collect from you or some other victim. This is part of the scam and it "explains" why the "general" didn't show up at the appointed time and place.

#81954 by Nailgunner Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:12 pm
Just a reminder that Gmail.com addresses don't usually give away an IP address except Google's HQ in Mountain View. There are also complications such as satellite internet providers who can cover whole continents and sometimes resolve to countries other than the one the email was sent from (often Israel). Sometimes iptrackeronline just chokes on headers for no apparent reason.

419eater.com has a lot of expertise available if you want to aggressively track down the originator of an email, but that's more baiting material so I'll just leave you with the directions there.

Are they who they say they are? Google their email address or mobile phone number and see where else they've been. Use Google Images to see if they have stolen somebody elses' photographs.