If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#360785 by SLMCQ Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:33 pm
I need help convincing my boyfriend that he is being scammed. He received an email saying that he has been designated beneficiary of an inheritance left by an old, dear friend of his who is dying. To my knowledge he has recently had contact with his friend and I’m not sure if she is in on the scam, not actually his friend, or quite possibly being scammed too.
Every time I try to mention to him the possibility of a scam he gets really upset with me and it causes a big fight.
This account was supposedly opened with Continental National bank located in Nigeria. (I know this is a “national” bank). He has been told the reason he goes to a different website to log into his account is because he is a high profile member of the bank.
He has not yet received a card for access to his funds, and when he logs in on mine, he is unable to transfer funds out because it requires an insurance policy ID number.
The man’s name that he corresponds with that is supposedly affiliated with the bank is Mark Martins.
I have only been allowed to see specific correspondence that he has allowed me to view.
I really need help in trying to get him to understand that it is a scam. He wants to go out and buy a car right now using that account.
Luckily we have only invested $150. I just wish he would open his eyes sooner rather than later because I know this is going to crush him greatly. He wants this so very bad so that he can take care of me. He is restricted to a wheelchair, and he is dying. He will not live more than another few years, so he wants to make sure I am taken care of.
Advertisement

#360793 by Mike Wilson Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:21 pm
This is most definitely a scam. Legitimate banks do not require an insurance policy to withdraw funds.

Please post a link to the site where he logs in to see his funds and if possible a complete copy of the email that asks for money.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#360795 by Bryon Williams Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:39 pm
In your city/county there should be counseling services. Maybe SS, church, local LE or private organizations.

Seek help for your self and see what they advise.

You can also speak with a family law attorney to see what your options are so you do not go broke.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/