If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#5548 by joujou Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 pm
When listing a classic car on both Craigs list and Uncle Henrys, I recd one of those emails requesting an amount and offering to send a check for more of the amount and returning the difference. Fortunately .. I don't think so stayed on the mind as a relative of a friend had come closer to experiencing the same and warned me of the possibility of recg an email just as I had from Nigeria.

While keeping people informed is helpful, has there been any success in finding the dogs that are behind the scams and cleaning them out? Kidding.. kind of.. would just really like to see Americans get their money back and the idiots behind the mess put straight.

Sorry.. had a vocal moment..
Advertisement

#5553 by Ralph Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:36 pm
Hi Jou Jou, unfortunately the instance of these peopel being caught is very rare and even rarer that somebody is actually able to get their money back.

We have some ways to get revenge on them, post their scam formats on public websites, warn their victims and actively waste their time with annonymous victims replying to their emails
#5937 by Boogiesis Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:21 pm
If I understand this correctly, there is nothing that can be done to catch these scammers? I am in the middle of a scam, I have been collecting evidence and finally received the "CHECK". I thought with check in hand, now we can get him! I can't find anyone to help! Called FBI, the Attorney General of our State and spoke with local Law inforcement. No Go! Who can help? Who to call? Media? Would appreciate any suggestions!