If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#363407 by Emamjane321 Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:01 am
We had been corresponding with a reputable letting agency in Italy for a long term let of an apt when this guy pops up with an email saying he was the owner and we had to book through airbnb and pay 3 months upfront. See emails and link.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018, 16:55
Subject: Re: Appartamento in affitto a Bassano del Grappa (VI)

I informed Airbnb about our agreement.
Here is this and the link with the invitation to the booking: Appartamento in affitto a Bassano del Grappa
SORRY GUYS LINK TO FAKE AIRBNB NOW CANNOT BE FOUND.

Thank you,
George

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018, 12:23 George Nielsen, <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

Let me explain you the process on Airbnb step by step for a better understanding:

- I will list the property on Airbnb for €500 per month . The rental contract must be made for at least 1 month - up to 4 years.

- You will have to pay 3 months deposit ( € 1,500 ) to Airbnb in order to confirm your booking. This 2 months deposit covers ( 1 month of rent + 2 months security deposit ) . You will receive back the security deposit at the end of the contract .

- After you will complete the booking online on Airbnb your deposit will be in their secure system. In case there is something that you do not like, you can have a full refund in the same day, but I assure you that the property is very beautiful and clean;

- The property is located in Viale Venezia, 36061 Bassano del Grappa . Viewing before booking is not possible since I'm not in Italy, but once you confirm the booking on Airbnb i'll come in person to give you the keys and to make the contract .

I'm able to send you the listing with my property on Airbnb if you're interested to make the booking .

Thank you for understanding,
Advertisement

#380321 by filipcizek Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:48 pm
Hi, I am not sure whether this belongs here or not, but I just wanted to inform everybody that Hannah Bjorge ([email protected]), advertising on british Gumtree, is fakt airbnb scammer :) I thought it was too good to be true, then I almost fell for it, but when "she" started to want me to deposit my money with airbnb, I started to be suspicious.

Well, just see her emails :)

Good morning Filip,

Okay, everything sounds fine, I don`t see any reason for you would not being able to move in immediately. The only problem remains the distance, as I came there twice for nothing, as the perspective tenants didn`t have the entire amount to move in. Therefore I will be renting the property through AirBnb, they are very well known in UK, very professional and safe. Basically I will list my property as available for rent on AirBnb and they will contact you with reservation confirmation. It will be a standard two month reservation (£650 + £650 - £1,300) , in order for me to actually see you have the funds to rent my property for at least two months (no offense). You will have to send the specified amount of £1,300 to AirBnb into their bank account in order for your reservation to be confirmed (payment option is direct bank transfer into AirBnb bank account, they will provide their payment details with the reservation). Once the funds has been sent, I will come next day from Norway and meet you, show you the property and maybe sign the tenancy contract if you decide to rent the property. If you decide to rent it, you will have the next two months already paid and we can sign the tenancy contract right away, so you have proof of address as well. This way you will not be send me any money but to AirBnb and they won`t release the funds but only after 24 hours from the date you moved in (their house, their rules). And in case you don`t like the property, no questions asked, you can simply mark the property "not as described" and the reservation will be canceled and money refunded same day. As you might now, you cannot be an AirBnb user unless you have been ID verified, bank account verified, address verified, etc. Should mean a lot in terms of safety. Hope this helps.

Regards

Filip, there is no fees to be paid on your side, I will pay for the fees. I am sorry, but I have been advised by my lawyer not to reveal the exact address of a property where nobody is home (I mean no offense, obviously). However based on postcode you can check the surroundings and see if you can accommodate. Regards

Filip,

You will have to contact AirBnb ([email protected]) and ask for a reservation request for the following property:
- Studio flat for rent Shoreditch
- Offered for rent by Hannah Bjorge
- Your full name and address
They will contact you with reservation confirmation and any other details they may require.

Regards

So beware, everybody, she has 36 listings on Gumtree, all of those in the same price range, and all of them too good to be true ;)

Filip