If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#64733 by Concernedgerman Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:37 pm
It wasn't an email. She got it in Windows Live Messeger. The adress he is usin on Windows Live is [email protected]
His facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 2115366127

This far she has sent a e-mail to the e-mail adress I posted in an earlier post with:
Her name
Her adress here in Sweden
Her cellphonenumber.

The formular she got was formed like this:
Hello,

My name is Xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx (her name), i am a friend with sgt Steve Bauer sigma>bravo<244sgtbauer>Alpha company. i would love to request for a phoneconnection with him in the war zone in Camp Salerno Afghanistan..i will be glad if my rquest is put into consideration and granted..
Thanks and best whishes
Name:
Home phone number or cell phone:

(end)

This mail was sent to: [email protected]
Spelling errors and all is from original mail. I was wrong, he actually e-mailed her this not so professional formed letter.

The big problem is that I can't warn her myself because if she finds out I know it will be bad.
I found out with the help from Keylogger. I hope you guys in here can help me.

Peter
Advertisement

#70851 by RinaSmile Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:33 am
It looks like I have been caught in this type of scam too.
The guy's name is Tim Wills. He calls himself singletim01 on connectingsingles.com. He speaks quite messy English.
We got to the stage when he send me the following e-mail about how to make a request for a phone call:
I have sent a request but without my address, they have not replied yet. Thank God I've come across scamwarners.

His last e-mail as follows:

Whom It May Concern:

Ref: Ssgt. Timothy Williams
Unit: 82nd Airbourne Division
Base: Camp Salerno, Afghanistan
Afghanistan - SALERNO - FOB Salerno
Christina Wittenberg
23RD CHEM BN
FOB SALERNO
APO AE 09314

As a lawful citizen , I’m writing this petition with the purpose for soliciting telephone access with Staff Sergeant Timothy Williams Unit 82 Airrbourne Division, Camp Salerno, Afghanistan. Sergeant Williams and I are very close friends and have been in contact via email for quite awhile now. Because of the holiday season and the circumstances we aren, I would like to have special permission to be able to speak to sergeant Williams over the phone. I understand that because of security purposes anyone who contacts a soldier stationed on your military base must have a thoroughly scrutinized background check .. Therefore, I am willing to do this and living my personal information to be checked and kept on your records.
Information like...

Your name and address with phone number thats all babe..

Here is the military satellite deparment email address you will send the letter to.

[email protected]

I think been talking to you on phone will be better of to explain myself better and to know you better as well...i think you understand me now..

Will email you after my patrol today..i have to go back to work now..

Tim
#70892 by Bubbles Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:23 am
Welcome to ScamWarners RinaSmile, yes this is one of the ploys scammers use. Your best course of action is to stop all communication with this scammer.

Don't confront him, don't tell him you know he is a scammer. Just stop communicating with him in any way.

Hopefully you haven't sent any money or goods to him. There is no future with him and there is no relationship with him. Thank you for posting your experience her for other to see and not get tricked or trapped by this scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#70952 by RinaSmile Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:10 pm
Thank you, Bubbles,

No, of course, I have not sent any money to him/them.
The trouble is, they are right now targeting other women. How can it be stopped?
Even if their current profile/site is closed, they will open another one in no time.

Regards,
Rina
#311773 by Nottheonlyone Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:22 pm
I've also encountered someone in the military. He wrote to me almost two weeks ago on Instagram and we began talking through messenger. After a couple of days he was already saying how much he loved and cared for me and how he was so happy to have found me. This man is Michael Flores of West Virginia. Or so he said. I found a Facebook with his picture but the profile name was Ben Mike flores and it said he was in an open relationship. I confronted him about it and tried to stop talking to him but of course as they usually do, he got me through his sweet words so I continued to chat. After a week he asked me to marry him (crazy I know) and said he would come to California after his deployment to be with me. Just yesterday morning he wrote to me saying that they would be cutting their internet because some of the army members were caught using the connection for illegal purposes. He asked me to write to his headquarters telling them that I was fiancé of staff sergeant Michael Flores and that I wished to continue communication with him. I emailed them [email protected] telling them what he told me. This morning I wake up to an email from them talking about a communication device needed by both parties in order to continue communication and which one I would like to purchase. First thing I did was Google the device and sure enough this page popped up. All I could do was laugh it off because I knew he was full of it. I told him off this morning and he tried playing it off like he didn't know why I was so upset. I told him to leave me alone and never talk to me again. I'm sorry this happened to others but I'm glad this page exists so it can help those like myself know the truth and put a stop to those jerks that try to play us like fools.

Michael Flores
Deployed: Kabul, Afghanistan
Said to be leaving December 15th.

I looked up the Facebook profiles I had found of him and both were deleted but his Instagram is still up.
#311902 by vonpaso xlura Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:52 am
Please post his email address. The email address of his headquarters, [email protected], is fake. Cut off all contact with him and his headquarters and do not tell him why. Do not tell him you found the device here. Do not tell him that you found his picture. Do not tell him anything. Just act as if you were dead.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#311937 by Nottheonlyone Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:06 am
I don't have his email anymore, it was deleted along with his emails to me when I deleted the email I used to communicate with him( made a new email to talk to him because didn't trust him from the beginning) but his Instagram is mike_flores1979 and his skype is mike.flores6500