If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#366543 by jeepforcheap Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm
There was a 97 jeep for sale on craigslist for $2000 in my area so I contacted the seller (252-858-1706) who then told me to contact his aunt at [email protected] for more information. I emailed her and she talked about how her father died and was shipping a car out to my town and asked for my address so she could send it to me. She also said the payment would be done through ebay. Thankfully, I caught that it was a scam and told her he could give it to one of her many other offers she was "toying with". By now she has my email address, phone number, and hometown- she could also easily infer my name from my email address which could lead her to my social media pages which have much more information- I was a little worried of identity theft.

Within the next couple days I receive an email from [email protected] who claims to be Sarah Maha, the CEO of a law office known as Sarah Maha inc. who wanted to see if I was alive since a Lizzy Jones calle dher office saying I was dead and wanted to collect my money. I figured this was a scam, but a little piece of me decided to respond anyways in case she was an actual attorney and this Lizzy Jones was the Melissa Gomez trying to steal my money and make the government think I was dead. Sarah responded back saying it was good that I was alive but this was no scam! The Benin Government had $500,000 to give me based on some deal I made with them a while back. All they needed to get started was my name and address!
I thanked her for the opportunity and made up some lies about how I did not need the money anymore even though it would help tremendously with all my student debt from my masters in history but I was just kicked out of my parents house so I am moving in with my friend to New York where I will become a model and make five times that amount.

Here's to hoping they stop contacting me and are unable to find more information! I am new t this site and just wanted to share my story, do not contact craigslist ads that look way to good to be true!
Advertisement