If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#372657 by Immacatchyoy Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:57 pm
I had a man, James Donovan, contact me privately on my Instagram account. I had no idea my account wasn’t private until he sent his message. i wasn’t going to talk to him but then I thought, I already think he is a scammer, let’s see where this goes. Now, I am a very average woman, nothing flashy or noticeable about me or my picture on Instagram. The picture he uses is of an average man, not an attractive man, just your average guy. His story is a sad one, but doesn’t lead with it. His wife died of cancer last year. He is an engineer for Eni Oil and he runs a wine shop in Jacksonville, Florida. He spends his time there and on a rig in the Atlantic Ocean just off Dublin, Ireland.
I did not call him out, I just found something he sent me in a search which brought me here.
‘Good morning...  I don't know what happened to me whether I was crazy or just lonely, all I know is I was sick of being deceived, mistreated, and unloved. Then you came along... I don't know why. All I know is that I felt a connection on our first chat, something I had never felt before which at first made me feel uneasy, stupid and even a bit childish, which made me go through all kinds of emotions as we chatted and began finding we had a lot in common. I felt like we had known each other from an unknown past.’
He didn’t ask for money, just spewed lots of lies. When asked where he got the ‘quote’ from he said he couldn’t remember. Then I told him it would be in his history on his computer. He became angry and started calling me names and saying some very nasty things. I still played dumb, he has stopped messaging me.
I will figure out how to post the pictures and attach them soon.
:oops:
Advertisement