If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#5989 by mjbl02 Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:45 pm
Here is an email I received today. I am sure it's a scam!

Gooday Friend?
Medium risk You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
Sent: November 29, 2008 3:21:21 PM
To:

Good Day,

Kindly accept my apology for contacting you via this medium. Although,
we haven?t met before. Nevertheless, I have every reason to believe that you are a highly respected and trustworthy personality. I got your contact through your country's chambers of commerce and Industry. Although, I don't know you personally but I believe God has made this contact possible and also hope you will not disappoint me for trusting you.

I am Mr Vadim A.Petrov I have a business proposal that has to do with the transfer of funds and I cannot state the exact amounts and full details due to security reasons.contact me via e-mail: [email protected] for more infomation. Yours Sincerely,Vadim A.Petrov
Advertisement

#5990 by Dan Jones Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:57 pm
Hey, welcome to the forum.

This is definitely an opening email to a scam. Well done of spotting it.

A google search of his email address only comes up with a scammer database and searching his name leads me to a very similar, but slightly longer script. See HERE.
#6002 by mjbl02 Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Hi. Thank you. I did reply to one one time, so I think that's why I keep getting so many scams in my email. Hopefully all my posts will be helpful to someone.
#6007 by Ralph Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:01 am
Good chance they will be :D

If you ckick to be notified of any replies to the post when posting or editing, you may get a notification one day from somebody you have helped, that's the feeling that keeps us coming back :wink:

Thank you
#6008 by benjamin Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:21 pm
Sadly, this is a good example of what can happen if you send your ID or personal information to a scammer, or even if they just like the sound of your name! - and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop them using it. I have been in contact with the real Mr Petrov for some time, and unless there is another Vadim A Petrov, none of these email addresses belong to the real person bearing that name.