If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#6111 by Jake Pegg Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:07 pm
I have had the "fortune" to have been in contact with the above for the past six months. I was accepted to be his Accounts Agent and my role was to receive cheques from his clients and was able to keep 10% of the amount and send the remaining 90%, by Western Union of course. Obviously I gave a fictitious address to where he duly sent me a cheque for £3000.00. Naturally I acknowledged receipt and told him I paid the cheque into my account. Within 30 minutes of acknowledging receipt I received an urgent e-mail requesting an immediate payment of £300.00 for a friend's urgent "life or death operation", which turned out to be eye surgery (not life or death in my opinion) With my "newly aquired fortune" I told him I was going on a short vacation to Las Vegas and it would be a least six weeks before the cheque would clear because it was drawn on a non-residential account (another favouite quote of the scammers).
Sincet hen I have also "visited" Monte Carlo and Dubai. I have convinced him the cheque was paid and he is totally pissed off thinking I have robbed him. He claims to have reported me to the Serious Fraud Office, who sent me an e-mail DEMANDING I pay what I owe to the victim. However the serious fraud office do not use yahoo for their e-mail account.
It is still on-going and I am trying to arrange a meeting with him upon my "return" from Dubai.
His latest offer is that he will accept £1000.00 to withdraw further action, but I have told him I only have £125.00 left!
Advertisement

#6113 by Arnold Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:51 pm
There are over 100 hits on that name in Google, going back a couple of years. There could be more than one scammer using it, of course.
As you're baiting him, you might want to post your message in http://www.419eater.com as well as you're member. If you've been baiting him for six months, you're doing well. I take it that he doesn't have any of your real life details.

#6114 by Ralph Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:03 pm
Hi Jake,

Well done on keeping the scammer occupied, everything you have suggested is common cheque scam procedure, making threats when you dont pay using yahoo police should be a give away right there but sadly many people miss that and pay the money in desperation.

As Mr Tambourine man said, visit our sister site and they may be able to broaden your ideas on how to cause your new pet misery and waste even more of his time.
#6124 by Jake Pegg Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:57 pm
Larry Potterss UPDATE

I have now created my own Law Enforcement Officer, Sargent Ernie Bilko, of the Department of Fraud and Scams.
He is more than willing to arrest Jake upon his return from Dubai on the condition that Mr Potterss makes a formal statement.
The poor lad is so convinced that Jake is going to be arrested and is going to be at th aiport to witness it.

Roll on Monday 8th December
#6132 by Jake Pegg Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:05 am
Mr Tambourine Man wrote:There are over 100 hits on that name in Google, going back a couple of years. There could be more than one scammer using it, of course.
As you're baiting him, you might want to post your message in http://www.419eater.com as well as you're member. If you've been baiting him for six months, you're doing well. I take it that he doesn't have any of your real life details.

Mr Tambourine Man

I pulled a ficictious address out of the hat and he thinks it is my home address. I also made up a credit card number, which he tried to use t make an internet purchase (I called his bluff and he didn't deny it and blamed it "a member of his staff".) I have not given him my return details but, sargent bilko has passed on my return details to the SeriousFraud Office!
He is looking forward to meeting up with me when I "return" tomorrow. I will be there too because I work there so I will listen out for an announcement for "Jake Pegg"
I'll let you know
#6134 by Ralph Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:10 am
@Jake,

Out of curiosity, have you googled your pets email address, seeing as you are going to the trouble of baiting him you may as well learn as much about him as possible to post it publicly, by doing this you will reduce the amount of real victims he has which in return will make him have more time for you.

One word of caution though, you should remove any details of yourself from the post, for instance, if you have used any charactors in your bait you should not have their names listed here, although unlikely, scammers sometimes google the details of the people they are scamming in case they are "Jokers".

By all means post all the details of his script here, his phone numbers and bank accounts, any details you can will help.

The details of your bait, (your emails) would be best posted at our sister site Click Here where you can share your experience with others who are doing similiar things to you with cheque scammers.

Keep an eye out while you are baiting cheque scammers, you may find that he provides you details of others to send cheques to, if he does there is every chance those people are other scam victims, we get details and save many people as a result of that. If you do get any such details PM them to any of the site team, mods or Admins who can get warnings out to those people.

There seems to be no end to the things we learn about how to bait scammers more effectively, the 419eater members will be able to take you to a whole new level of enjoyment and scammer payback :wink: