If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!

#1084 by johnny5 Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:06 am
ChrisSmith wrote:It's doubtful that scammers read this site.
Of course, it's open to anyone and there is the chance that one or two may find their way here, but in general, scammers don't surf the internet. The vast majority of thier work is conducted through email and that's all they stick to.

This comes up on eater quite a lot. Only a few will read sites like these, but scammers don't understand the concept of baiting since there's no money in it. Also, because this site will not give them any monetary gain they will leave pretty quickly and get back to their scamming.
Advertisement

#1086 by Fiesty Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:35 am
I guess I will just enjoy the luxury of less "junk" for a day or two. In the meantime, I have changed my email and am ready to start enjoying messing with these scammers. This is great information and wonderful advice. Thanks to all of you.

God helps those who help themselves.
#1105 by MattNW Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:58 pm
Fiesty wrote:You can certainly bet the lesson has been learned...almost to an extreme point of not trusting anyone any longer. That is okay though.

Something I have noticed in the past two days...for some reason the barage of scam-type emails has diminished to only one or two a day. Whew! Do you think they read this site?

I have not had time in the past two days to sign up but that is on the agenda for tomorrow. Then I will definitely need a mentor to help guide and advise me.

Thank you to everyone. I feel so much better these days...and even a bit feisty.

They come in bunches. Probably since they haven't gotten a reply to their earlier emails they have stopped sending to you for now. What I think is happening is that one scammer will work a list of emails for as many victims as they can get then sell the list to someone else who will do the same.

I've been getting them for years now. For baiting I just copy the body of the email from my personal account into my Gmail account and pretend it came there originally. The scammers have never caught on.