If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#6369 by luckypratap Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:46 am
I have receive a e-mail three days back....that is..

posting.php?mode=post&f=26#

Dearest one,

REQUEST TO BE MY GUARDIAN AND THEN HELP ME THUS:

Good day and how are you today? I hope fine? After going through your profile, permit me to inform you of my desire of asking you to be a guardian or foster parent to me and then help me out in what i am about to tell you.

My name is Luna Seba (19).I am the only daughter of Late Mr. & Mrs. Joseph C Seba. my father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant here in Abidjan, the economic capital of Cote D'Ivoire. He was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip. My mother died when i was a baby.

Before the death of my father on Sept. 2007 in a private hospital here in Abidjan, he secretly called me by his bed side and told me that he has the sum of eight million two hundred thousand United State Dollars USD ($8.200,000) deposited in a suspense account in one of the big banks here in Abidjan. He told me that he used my name (Luna Seba) as the next of Kin in depositing the money.

He then strongly advised me not to seek for assistance in the investment of the money from his lawyer nor any of his friend here but to seek for a foreign partner from a country of my choice (outside our country, Cote D'Ivoire) that willl assist me in the wise investment of the money. I have since left the money in the bank with the view of my making use of it for investment purposes after my education carrier here.

But as you may be already aware by now, our country (Cote D?voire) is presently at political crises. Rebels have already taken over the whole Northern part of the country and making efforts towards the capture of the commercial center of the country, Abidjan, where i am now.

For this ugly development in this country, i have now decided to take quick actions and have this money transferred out of this country before it is too late to do that. I now want to transfer it out and use it for investment purpose like real estate management or hotel management. Because of this i am honorably seeking your assistance in the following ways:

(1) To serve as a guardian to me and then assist me transfer the money into your bank account. (2) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and then settle there parmanently.

If you accept to stand as my guardian or foster parent to me, i need not discuss on any percentage with you as you have to see the whole money as yours and then assist me invest it. But if you still want a percentage, I am willing to offer you, 20 % of the total money as compensation for your assistance. Pleas tell me if you feel the percentage i offered is not ok by you.

As soon as I receive your concrete assurance to assist me with my proposal and also your full contact address/phone number, I will then give the bank your contact information and then tell them to transfer the money into your account as i want to come over to stay with you parmanently. The bank will then contact you and communicate with you on the transfer. You shall then be giving me information on when the transfer will be over. I will also send my pictures to you and shall also need yours too.

No matter what your decision may turn out to be, please i beg you to keep this highly secret for my safety, as i believe that those that killed my Daddy are still after me. Please reply me as quickly as you get this mail.
Thanks for your understanding .
Best regards,
Miss Luna Seba.

AT FIRST I THOUGHT THAT SHE WAS RIGHT AND I WROTE BACK THAT I WILL HELP HER THAN SHE MAIL BE BACK......

posting.php?mode=post&f=26# :oh-joy:

Dear,

I hope you are well over there in your country. I thank you so much for your response to my mail . I would have loved to invest the money here in our country but I can't because of those that killed my father are still around and watching. therefore I beg you to help me to get this fund transferred from here to your bank account in your country .All i want is your confidence and trust.

My father was a highly reputable business man (a cocoa/gold merchant and supplier of agro allied material).Who was killed through food poisoning by our uncles who happened to be his partners out of envy and greed. My Uncles and in conspiracy with my late father's lawyer took away everything that our father worked for they even sold the house where we were living with my father before his death leaving me homeless. The only thing left for me as I write you this message is this money in the the bank, however my uncles and the lawyer do not know about this money. I will want this transfer to be done discreetly and very fast please by you.

My mother died when I was very young. I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Cote D'Ivoire and also the maltreatment that came from My uncle /Lawyer.

Iam presently living in a church premises.
As soon as the transfer is completed, I will come over to your country and continue my Education there while you look for a very good lucrative business you can invest this money on.

I must finish my education first as it is a promise I made to my father on his death bed, before coming into business full time . Please i will want to leave one decision at your hands, you know your country more than me therefore i will want you to take the decision on the areas you would want us to invest, i shall discuss the terms of this partnership and investments as soon as i come over to your country after the transfer is effected by my bank here.

i will want you to give us these information:

1. Full names
2. Your full contact address
3. Date of birth
4.Your photo to enable me know you the more.
5.Your Occupation
6. Your telephone number

With this information i can be able to present you to the bank as my partner/guardian and the new beneficiary to the fund. Do not be afraid, iam not a fake internet girl, if you like you can come here so that we can meet I assure you that you will never regret knowing me or being part of this transfer.
Thank you so much and waiting anxiously for your positive reply .

Ms Luna Seba

STILL I HAVE NO IDEA THAT SHE IS A SCAMER SO I WROTE BACK THAT HOW CAN I TRUST HER AND ADVICE TO TALK HER EMBASSY ABOUT THE DEAL .THEN SHE WROTE BACK........

dear,
I have mixed feelings for your meassage forst before i go further i must make this clear, your embassy or mine must not be involved in this transfer. Yes iam ready to be involved and invest in your father's real estate. Also i agree that you discuss with your father about my transfer.

If you agree with me let me know so that i will link you up with the bank for necessary formalities.

Luna

I WROTE BACK THAT I AM READY TO DEAL AND SENT MY PHONE NO. AND MY MAIL ADD. AS I THOUGHT THAT SHE IS RIGHT.SHE THEN WROTE..................

dear Chandra

I thank you for your reply, thank you for your personal information sent iam happy. i promise to be honest with you now and forever. I will also count on your advise for investment. Whatever way keep the embassy out of it because of the killers of my father.They have alot of indluence here please.

I will give you the contact of the bank so that you will contact them as my partner and the new beneficiary to the fund.

In contacting the bank tell them that i Miss Luna Seba your partner and the daughter of Late Mr Joseph Seba who was their client before his untimely death has just informed you that her late father has with them in a suspense diplomatic account the sum of (US$8.2 M ) with access code number (TLX/0025/36987).
Tell them that you would want them to transfer the fund to your named bank account as my partner and the new beneficiary to this fund..

As soon as they replies you, then you let me know. Do all your best for me iam suffering so much here. I have placed my destiny in your hands do not disappoint me.
Iam suffering so much here.

Here is the bank's contact address:

TRIMARK BANK PLC,
ABIDJAN-COTE D'IVOIRE
TEL: +225 45 28 01 81
EMAIL: [email protected]

Head of Operations/Classified accts dept:
Mr Rowland Banny

Thank you very much,

Miss Luna Seba

NOW I KNOW THAT SHE IS SCAMER AND SHE IS STILL WAITING FOR MY REPLY
I ASK YOU PEOPLE HOW WHAT SHOULD I DO KNOW ?????
AND HOW CAN I CAUGHT THEM ?????
ANSWER QUICK BECAUSE SHE STILL THINKS THAT I TRUST HER........ :laugh-s:
Advertisement

#6375 by Ralph Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:47 am
Hi Lucky

Welcoem to scamwarners.

In this case the scammer has too much of your information, your best bet is to ignore all future communication from now, scammers are used to losing victims and will eventually move onto somebody who does reply to their emails, dont bother explaining, you wouldn't bother to stop and ask a lion why he wants to eat you before running away, same thing :wink:

I must admit, I only skimmed through the emails you posted, but I dont recall you giving any more detail than your name, address and phone number, be aware that those very details may appear on a scam email in the future, other than that you are safe.

If you were to continue to string this person along you may upset them, inwhich case there is a possibility that they or one of their friends who lives closer to you may casue you some concerns, remember, we are dealing with criminals.

Getting the scammer caught is almost impoossible and it is not something I recommend you set out to do, (certainly not until you learn much more about them), if you would like to waste some of their time and possibly prevent a scam victim, join www.419eater.com and learn how to bait safely and continue to post their details on sites such as this one, by your post here today, you may have saved some people from scams in the future so thankyou

Please feel free to keep doing that :lol:

Just do it safely :wink: