If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#55076 by Kiddy101 Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:57 pm
Hello again
came across another romance scammer with the yahoo Id sgtjeffgronda@yahoo I have blocked and deleted him and his emails but thought I should post here just in some one else had come accross him. Met on cupid.com
Advertisement

#55077 by Kiddy101 Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:00 am
And another one was sgt lawson frendrich whos Yahoo Id is slw8801@yahoo and I met him through my space posting here just in case some one else has come in to contact with him he says he is in Afghanistan no kids so hope that i can help someone else from being scammed by these people
#57016 by Whitney Belle Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 am
Hello you all:

Romance scammers, [email protected], big time scammer, this trash impersonator, sent emails to ladies, some even lost money on him. He was impersonated a well known businessman "Mr. Larry Bobbitt" from Houston, TX. Mr. Larry Bobbitt is a president from OEG offshore, LLC. Apparently this impersonator knew lots of Mr. Larry Bobbitt's business matters and impersonated him and sent lots of ladies all those romance scam letters.

Steven Bobbitts claimed he awarded 10 million dollars contract from Dubai, I googled him "stevenbobbittswithoilandgasindubai" and this took me to this link. I was so released. Yes, it was right, too good to be true so called love, we have to be careful. Scammers didn't know nowadays, google search engines are so powerful, awarded 10 millions dollars contract, and google didn't say anything. Steven was too stupid.

Thanks for reading my post!!
WB
#57498 by Bobbijo Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:34 am
I too have met an online love scam. His imposters name is david cannon and hes impersonating a soldier in afghan. In kabul to be exact. The scam got as far as him telling me to contact his so called C.O and when I did is when I found all this to be all lies! He used an email address using [email protected] and we mostly chated on yahoo messenger. Well I contacted this so called C.O. and he told me I WOULD HAVE TO APPLY FOR HIS LEAVE AND IT WAS GONN COST SOME FUNDS TO SEND HIM HOME COS HE DESERVED LEAVE ALLOWANCE! THT IS WHEN I KNEW I WAS BEIMG SCAMMED! He claimed he was from verona new jersey and tht his wife died in a car crash. He used this email and lt col robert gonzolez as his processing officer. He gave this email to contact him [email protected]. I post cos when I googled this name and email it came up on a scam report list. Already been ised in the scam

Corrected scammer email per post below vv ~Bubbles
#57933 by Bubbles Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:56 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners :D Thank you for making the correction. I have edited your post the the email address is correct. Just click on the "Edit" button above and make the correction.

I left your second post because I think the scammer deserved double billing! ;)

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#58285 by ldanko13 Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:42 pm
Met on match.com, he isusing the name Cecil Whittersburg. Says he is on contract w the Canadian Army, stationed currently in Afghanistan. Email he is using is [email protected] I also have a phone number for him, he called me a few times. I have tons of emails and chats with him saved on my computer in case I needed them. Did send him a care package that he requested, had a camera in it. I am filing a police report. Says he is Canadian/South African, really put a lot of effort into chatting with me. Didn't seem like a typical scammer would to me, when I told him I couldn't get him money he was very understanding, I expected him to get angry. I figured him out because of his emails. His last one was making no sense to me so I copied and pasted some of the words. Found they were all taken directly from a love quotes website. Many of his other emails seemed suspicious that way too. Sometimes he would go on about "two types of people in this world" things like that. He always said all the right things, obviously too good to be true. Kept telling me his friends were skeptical of our online romance because you never know who is out there and what their motives are. Boy, he wasn't kidding!!!!
#58292 by Katharina Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:09 pm
Welcome Idanko!

I am sorry you were scammed by this scum. And I think it's great you posted this account to save others.

Of course a clever scammer will wait a bit when a victim tells him she is broke. He is hoping that sooner or later he can convince her to get a loan or a mortgage. If all fails, he might try to make her his cheque mule to launder money for him.

His phone number might be useful for victims who do a Google search. He is probably using various email addresses - they get often closed by email providers who are on to him. But his phone number will remain the same.

I hope you will eventually recover from this ugly experience.
#59239 by kberry Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:59 pm
Shawn Mathews
[email protected]
916-866-9336
london#7425238925
sinzu55 on match.com

The above is a scammer. Story oil rig worker, daughter died, buying gems in Dubia. The most perfect man you can imagine. he slips up sometimes. If you google is name you get nothing that matches his stories or where he lives. He told me he lives in NOLA. Daughter Jane died in auto accident.

OMG he just left me a message on my cell saying he loves me. I haven't been hit with the request for money, yet. He hasn't "gone to dubia" yet. So he's still playing me and buttering me up. He's really good!!! I mean really good!!! Every girl's dream for sure! I've actually had fun during this whole time. I would never send him money, been used that way before. I'm looking at this as an interesting and fun lesson. I wish i could turn him in, but I guess that's what I'm doing by being here. NEVER SEND ANY MAN MONEY!!! and you won't be taken, for money anyway , but it is some ride.
#59245 by Katharina Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:35 pm
Thank you for posting this warning; it will help other victims.
Now please drop the scammer, don't mess with him. Keep in mind he is a criminal, even though he is in an internet café in Africa and won't show up on your doorstep he might decide to retaliate by harassing you all over the internet. It has been done before.
#60679 by Charlie77 Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:55 am
two other scammers from Be2.com.

[email protected] - using a full name Gregory Michael Junge - with Washington DC drivers licence.
Claiming to be a US citizen (widower), wife died of colon cancer, currently working in Scotland in an oil rig. Has one daugther called Nora (15) who are studying in New Brunswick Canada and being taken care of by a nanny.
tried three times to scam the money from me : some mechanical problem and had to fly to Madrid to buy a sparepart but he had not enough to cover the purchase. Then tried to request another remittance for BTA ( british travel allowance ) so that he could fly from Scotland to visit me down south. The last scam was he would send me US$20,000 if I sent euro1300 to the following name to open a new offshore account :

[email protected]
fIrst Name:Yolanda
Last Name: Torrez
Address:Paseo de la Castellana
City:Valdeolmos
State:Madrid
Postal Code:28130

[email protected]. Using the name James William Smith
Very slick man, a US interior designer/engineer, wife died of traffic accident, at the start of the chat he was living in the same country as I was but in a different state. He had a son (John Smith, 22) in Virginia US. As soon as I offered myself to fly to his state to meet him, he said that he had a project in UK in two days and had to fly immediately, but promised to return in two weeks. After several days, he requested that I pay halfway of his ticket back, because he would not be able to be sure whether he would be duped by me by not showing at the airport of my state.

He requested the money be sent via Western Union to a travel agent ( Amanda Rubic" <[email protected]):
NAME : AMANDA RUBIC
ADDRESS : 124 KENT COURT
CITY :SUDBURY,
STATE :ONTARIO
ZIP CODE : P3A4R5

He claimed that I was the only woman in his life and would like to settle down with me but when I checked the profile in hotmail; he has been corresponding with more than 10 women age 50+ (who are mostly vulnerable lonely women).

I can supply the emails and photos