If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#410879 by alettavh Sun May 24, 2020 4:51 pm
These scammers are now active in Haarlem, the Netherlands. Saw an ad on Pararius.nl. Send a text to the cellnumber in the ad and was then told to send an e-mail with some info about me. Received this e-mail a day later:

I'm sorry for the late response. We are Lisette and Joaquin. Travel and holidays are a big part of our lives. We love the mountains and skiing and last year we moved to Haute Nendaz, Switzerland to open up a business in tourism. We own a chalet, which at the moment is our main source of income. It was pretty hard, we were very close to giving up but in the end we made it.

At first, the apartment was on sale. Being not very profitable and after further discussion with my husband we decided to rent it. The apartment's address is: Nassauplein 32, 2011 PG Haarlem. The monthly rent is 755euro with all utilities included. The apartment is furnished and equipped.

The minimum period for renting the apartment is 3 months up to maximum 5 years. Registration to the municipality is possible. We have written out of the municipality so you will register the house as a main tenant, a condition for getting housing allowance. We also have a storage place where you can deposit pieces of furniture so you can bring your own but please keep in mind that you can't store all the apartment's furniture there.

At the moment, it's impossible for both of us to personally show you the apartment due to our schedule and chalet administration but this is not a problem because we can use Homeaway's services. They handle rentals for people all over the world providing secure services for both tenants and hosts.

We can offer you more details if you are interested.

Regards,
Lisette and Joaquin

P.S. I appreciate a reply in English, if it is possible. Thank you!
Advertisement