If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#7078 by recooper09 Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:42 am
I'm new here and I'm not sure if I'm posting the right way or place. But, I was asked to tell my story ..to maybe help someone else. That would be a good thing ...because I would not want what happen to me to happen to a dog. This happened over a couple of month period. So, I'll just keep it somewhat short.

First of all... THANK YOU! Tastysnack...if I had not found this site today. God only knows how bad it would have gotten. I hope I don't bore anyone. Right now my self esteem is rock bottom and I'm having a hard time holding it all together. I feel like the biggest fool. All because I wanted a better life. :oops:

Anyway ...I got an email ...very convincing about a sum of money (9,000,000.00) that no one knew about ...and this Banker was going to claim it was mine because I had the same name as his dead client. And we would share it 50/50. If you want nearly word for word details on some of this ...you should read Tastysnacks(TS) account of this fake bank. I mean the conversations I had... all email with this Wang Yan the Banker from the Bank of China (BOC) are almost word for word the same as he had with TS.

He had me going for weeks...the problem in my case ...was I did not have the $8500 dollars needed to open the account with the Offshore Bank. So I finally got the money ...and was going to send it tomorrow. Something just told me to check the internet (must have been Gods voice I heard) and here I am. Now I don't know what I am going to do. I have made all these plans everything was set ...my house is packed up ...almost sold...I'm really lost. And I feel stupid, foolish ...and I don't know where to begin ..or even if I want to. So beware out there ... because you never know. :cry: :cry:
Advertisement

#7079 by John DeLaney Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:07 am
Now I don't know what I am going to do. I have made all these plans everything was set ...my house is packed up ...almost sold...I'm really lost. And I feel stupid, foolish ...and I don't know where to begin ..or even if I want to

Firstly, you haven't lost anything.

As for feeling stupid and foolish, you aren't, scammers are very good at what they do, you got caught and blindsided by a very astute scammer.

Your house is almost sold? Almost being the operative word. Don't proceed, it's better to look slightly foolish for a day, than lose everything and look foolish forever.

Pick up your life from today, you made a mistake, which won't happen again, you're a lot wiser and smarter now.

If you read some of the other victims stories in here, you'll realise just how lucky you were in checking before things went past the redemption point.

Hurt, angry, betrayed, depressed, all these emotions are normal for scam victims, it's up to you how long they continue, you have been lucky in that you didn't lose everything

Please post more details, and also the names and addresses of the scammers. By doing that, more people will find them as you did. And you'll feel better talking it all out in here.

Thank you for posting what you have done, it's not an easy thing to do.

John DeLaney
#7084 by Ralph Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:11 am
Hi Recooper,

Welcome to Scamwarners,

As John suggested, there is no need to fel foolish or stupid, you were lied to by a professional thief and you realised before sending money, that sounds pretty smart to me.

Even smarter is the fact that you came here and told your story which may prevent somebody else from losing money as well.

You have been inconvenienced for sure, but it would have been much more inconvenient to have sent that $8,000 before finding out :wink:

Please give us any additional information information that you have found, the more information you provide the more likely it will be that it saves another person from being "inconvenienced" :wink:
#7088 by Tastysnack Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:29 am
Glad I could help. I posted my exploits on www.419eater.com, but never expected to help out a person about to be scammed.

Glad you did your homework!

If you can, PM me on 419 and give me "Mr. Wang's" new email. I'd love to yank his chain again. For some reason he hasn't written me for a while! :shock:
#7233 by Donald Duck Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:44 pm
:=) :laugh-s:
That was really cold awakening,but you saved 8 500 dollars and that is the main point.
The house is not sold(hoping don´t have to)

Anyway there is a fraudster in move again
This time Mrs.Mary Clegg
Presidential Shell Oil Award Committee
Offering to internet users some money,ofcource have to open account in your country,and that will cost.
I know how these fraudsters can make people to believe in them,they are very smart with their lies and
give those lies like they are just a normal routin to them day after day.
If they can scam some money,they keep on going so far as possible and not get caught.
I checked it out from [email protected],the answer came today,and there it was,period. :bowdown:
There is never easy money coming,and it´s not coming for free,too good to be true :yikes:

Every day, we are assaulted by stories of stupid people -- many of whom use their stupidity for personal gain. From time to time, though, we hear of those who strive to achieve new levels of stupidity.