If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#7324 by Untitled Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:39 am
Hi everyone,

New around here. Just hought i'd introduce myself and let you all know how badly I was stung.

This time last year, I decided I wanted a job on the internet, having thought up many cool ways of making money online I came across a legitamate dropshipper, here in the UK.

Started using it for a while, but it was so expensive it made no point and I eventually gave up on making profit from this source, until that is, I stumbled accross 'Lucy' a good looking woman from Beijing, China.

After chatting to her nicely and seeing the geat prices on her badly done website I was ready to be strung up by my balls, I was begging to be scammed.

By this point I was lying in bed at night dreaming what I was going to do with my 100% profit margins.

I decided I needed a good eBay account, I knew exactly who, someone I work with, shes hard-up for cash and herself and the boyfriend made bits of money by selling their unwanted things on eBay, therefor he had over 350 pos feedback. Adding to the intent was the fact they were taking their son on holiday abroad for the first time, being quite strapped for cash.

I saw this as an opportunity and bought his eBay account for £200. Then got to work on selling MacBooks from the site. I was greedy, I was stupid... I was excited!

Within a week I had sold around 7 Macbooks ranging from £700 to £1400 I had about £8000 go through my bank acount that fortnight. I started spending. Buying my expensive clothes and shoes, I even went to New York to get my teeth done. (Cosmetic Dentistry) I knew I'd be making more. Only really thinking of 'Lucy' when it came time to send the cash. Finaly spoke to her online, she gave me a great discount, the total came to £2583 exactly.

I remember it like its my pin number.

I sent it and went to tell 'Lucy', she told me she would send the items right away, I was chuffed!
A few days went by and nothing, only email upon email upon text upon letter, phone calls to boot, from the buyers.

I spoke to 'Lucy' and she informed that her 'Boss' didn't beleive payment had been made, so I had to scan the receipt. I went through a whole load of things to get that scanned. By this time getting more anxious from the threats of my customers, but not really worrying, staying awake at night wasn't a problem, I just stared into the mirror at my new teeth or just looked at my brand new collection of designer watches.

I sent the fax and the inevitable happened. "The customes they have your items and wont let them thrugh" (exact dulcid tone and incorrect spelling), I could have cried, I knew right away, I ran to the phone and rang the bank "sorry sir, nothing we can do, the money has cleared", that day I died.

After going to 'Lucy' and listening (or watching) her telling me she needed another £1000 for customs. I was so desperate I was about to do it. Luckily I didn't and I didn't hear from 'Lucy' or her company 'VDGMNET' until a few months back, when they unblocked me and asked me to visit another site. Obviously forgot about me, due to that many people they scammed.

Up until this day I stil owe 4 people between £3000 and £4000 and with numerous police visits and interviews, the year 2008 was the worst of my life. Luckily, the case was dropped as a 'civil matter' because of the amount of peple who came foward after being scammed by this website.

Still scraping together the cash, I finished university now and Im a web developer, I work for myself making websites and programs for people. But I still have to scrimp and scrape to live, as 80% of my money pays back my credit cards and loans.

Thats one mans story, I beleive yours could be worse.

Please don't get scammed. And if you do, I'd love for you to reply to this comment with your story.

Thanks for reading, hope it wasn't too long!
Last edited by Untitled on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#7328 by The Enchantress Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:28 am
This link lists many scam sites that carry deserved warnings and I would advise anyone to check there first before considering dealing on the net.

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/WATCH-OUT-FOR-SCAM-SITES_W0QQugidZ10000000007316621

Hi Untitled.

Thank you for sharing your story. Like you I am a student, I know just how tough that can be financially, and how tempting are the job offers and schemes that seem to come from everywhere.

Writing what you did takes guts and I hope many people read your words and learn something valuable from it.

Everybody makes mistakes, some more than others, but you are intelligent and have many qualities that I know will lead you to success.

Wish you well.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.