If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#427624 by Txgrl2008 Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:39 pm
Same song second verse - Match.com

Name: John Oscar Martin,
DOB: 4-22-1968
Current location: Allen/Dallas, TX
Profession: Civil Engineer - oil rig, off the coast of Alaska.
Born: Madrid, Spain, moved to the US at 20
Attended University of Florida

Met wife Megan in college. Married 20 years, divorced 3 due to her being a drug addict - used Coke.
No kids, parents passed away, family in Spain, only child

Matched on a Wednesday moved to text on Thursday. That Sunday he had to leave for LA for a week for work. On that Friday, he did not make his flight and was coming home on Saturday. I looked up all AA flights and his timing didn't match up to known flights. But, let that slide due to maybe he took Spirit or some other airline. He was very upset as he had to leave to go back to a project that was on hold due to COVID off shore in Alaska. He said he normally did commercial but was bored and took this job for a challenge. He was set to go back for one month. The wind turbine was leaking and he had to go solve that and then finish the projects. I was going out of town to Florida for a week so wasn't really concerned, plus it is my very busiest of seasons starting now, so not seeing each other was not going to be that big of a deal.

I did suggest instead of just trading lame text that we spend the next month using it to have deeper conversations. We have written on a variety of topics ranging from parenting (I have three girls) to where does prayer fit into our relationship. He claims to have been raised Catholic (I am) but has been going to a Pentecostal Church since he was 20. In addition to those emails, he would right the most to die for romantic letters- some sexual fantasies, but nothing raunchy. He never asked for a naked pic and never sent a dick pic either. But, what got him caught was the email above the What I want to do with you. I then took 12 of his letters and ran each paragraph through Google. On letter he lifted some text from a song and a quote. I had sent that email to a dear friend to show how sweet and romantic he was. She then took that and did a search and found this site. She also did a reverse image search - nothing. Reverse phone number - nothing, an email search and nothing.

Today he messaged me to say that he was notified by Match that his site was hacked and to not accept any messages. I reminded him that my account had expired and did not renew and he had deleted his... He was concerned about his credit card info and was going to contact the bank. Having already read about this, I said well before you do that I would buy your ticket home and take out a cash advance just in case they can't get you a card right away. He assured me the company paid for the ticket not him.

I then found a site called [Removed-AJ] where I paid to run his images and what popped up was a match to a dentist in Italy named [Removed-AJ] I have posted some images of him but go check out the instagram site because he has pull many of these from this poor guy. I have notified [Removed-AJ] but not sure there is much he can do about it. I have also notified Match about him too. However, I think he can probably just make a new email and sign back up, so not sure what good that will do either.

This is what I can share in hopes others don't meet up with him. Because I have talked to him on the phone and HOLY COW he is hot! Even if he doesn't look like the pictures LOL. I will try to attach images below but they are also hosted here https://imgur.com/user/Txgrl2008/posts

Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total. Reason: Removed ITP details
Advertisement

#427625 by AlanJones Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:47 pm
Split from old unrelated topic.

Please help the scammer's other victims by posting any email addresses, phone numbers etc that you have for him.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#427630 by Txgrl2008 Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:36 am
If this could not get more Bizarro - So I told him I knew what the deal was and the stole some dentist's image. He proceeded to tell me he was protecting me from the whacky ex-wife. But, before he had said he had no contact with her in the previous three years because they did not have children. He tried to say he wasn't ugly to which I said I don't really care - you should have seen my ex- he was no looker. He said a friend told him not to use his real pic and he didn't for privacy. He said he would Link with me.....3 hours later I get a text with his Linkedin account which has overlapping job years, and only 14 connections...So back to the social catfish site to run the new image and lo and behold this image goes to some German guy who owns an oxygen lounge in Munich. That led me to their Facebook page where his now profile pic was found.
#427631 by AlanJones Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:11 am
The best thing that you can do is totally block him and stop responding. There is not benefit to you remaining in contact with him. In fact the longer you remain in contact and waste his time, the more risk there is that he could cause real problems for you, your family/friends and work. Remember, he is using totally fake details, but he knows exactly who you are and who your friends/colleagues are.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.