If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#7774 by MackG Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:41 pm
(This guy doesn't seem to mind that what he is offering is clearly illegal.
"i have the courage to look for a reliable and honest person "???)
He's also careless with spelling: "I am Mr.Morris artin." Clearly not very credible.)

[email protected]
Subject: Morris Martin
Date: 28 February 2009 11:21:40 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Reply-To: [email protected]
From The Auditor/Head of Department
Alpha Bank London United Kingdom.

In order to transfer out (Twenty Five-million pounds sterling) from our bank here i have the courage to look for a reliable and honest person who will be capable for this important transaction, believing that you will never let me down either now or in future. I am Mr.Morris artin.the auditor and head of computing department of a bank here in London, United Kingdom.There is an account opened in this bank in 1995 and since my inception into office in 2001, nobody has operated on this account again, after going through some old files, I discovered that if i do not remit this money out urgently, it ill be forfeited for nothing.

How the money came about:The owner of this account was Mr. John Hughes who was a foreigner and the manager of Petrochemical service here in London, a chemical engineer by profession and he died since 1995.And then, since 2001,nobody nows about this account or anything concerning it, the account has no other beneficiary and my investigation proved to me as well that his company does not know anything about this account and the amount involved is(25,000,000.00)pounds sterling.

I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money can not be approved to any local bank here in London, but can only be approved to any foreign account because the money is pounds sterling? And the former owner of the account is John Hughes and he was a foreigner too.

Finally, at the conclusion of this business, you will be given 35% of the total amount,60% will be for me ,while 5% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred during the process of this transaction. Please you should include your phone and fax number for easily communications.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr.Morris Martin.
Advertisement

#7777 by Ralph Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:18 am
Hi Mack G,

Thanks for posting, African scammers have a particular style of writing that can easily be identified by those who deal with it.

We always encourage people not to pick the scammers up on those mistakes, prefering that they continue to make them so their scams look less credible