If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#60466 by debra Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:18 am
I think i too have been scammed.

There was guy Danile Coleman aged 49, a buinessman from Huston Texas who fell in love with me, he seemed so geniunine and was ready to accept me a widow and my three kids.

He flew down to Singapore on the 21st and I heard from him then he flew to KL where he had to do some business and I heard from him then, he claims he was arrested at the airport as he had carried 20,000 US dollars in cash and in order to clear him from Anti money laundering he asked me to send him money which I did, then next day money for his takcet as he had missed teh flight, but strange as he spoke to me on Friday that he was very excited to come to see me.

Then I get a message a number that he used to talk to me from that he had not boarded the flight and that they had even reported him to the police, then in the wee hours of the morning of Saturday I receive another text message tht he has met with an accident, they want me to send Malay Ringett 6000 to start his treatment as he is very serious.

I dont know what to do, I am not sure, if it is the truth or a lie and how can anybody help me, the morning I spoke to him he was worried about his mum and had given me a number to contact her, but I was not able to get trhough her, then he gave me his friends number but that too I could not get through. I have all the numbers but dont know if this is all a scam.

Can anyone help me please.
Advertisement

#60469 by Arnold Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:49 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Debra. You are right, I'm afraid. That is typical of a romance scam, and there is no possibility of him being genuine.
All you can do is break off contact. And report it to your local police as you have actually lost money. Although there is no chance of getting it back. Sorry.
Can you post his email address please. I've found another scam using that name reported at http://www.419scam.org/emails/2010-11/25/00054743.4.htm
Note that he has misspelled "his" name.

#60471 by began steele Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 am
We saw your other post with the numbers. ALL THE ABOVE IS LIES. There have been no accidents and problems such as arrests. Al you are getting is a series of so called disasters which will involve sending even more money which you will never see again . Break all contact with this criminal and block it.

EDITED TO ADD EMAIL CORRECTLY BELOW FOR THE BOTS [email protected] SCAMMER
Last edited by began steele on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#60482 by Dotti Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:53 am
To echo what the others have said:

There is no doubt this is a scam. There is no American who is in love with you. There is only a young African scammer using stolen photos and saying whatever is necessary to steal your money. The person in contact with you has been in Malaysia all along. There is a large group of Nigerian scammers running romance scams in KL--they frequently enter the country on student visas, which are easy to get. No doubt this is one of them.

The anti-money laundering fees are made up. You do not pay cash in order to carry money, and if you are carrying extra undeclared cash, the way to get out of the situation is not to hand over more cash! A real international businessman traveling to a major city would not need to carry that much cash anyway, as in Singapore and Malaysia he would have access to the banking system.

Incidentally, if he really were an American in trouble, the American embassy would help. Scammers will give you excuses and lies as to why they need the money from you and can't get help from the embassy, but the truth is, one of the main purposes of the embassy is to help American citizens who are in bad situations, and an accident would qualify him for help. There is an American Embassy in Kuala Lampur. The hospital would contact them.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.