If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#61881 by aupairtt Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 am
PLEASE, BE CAREFUL WITH [email protected], IT'S A SCAMMER who wrote me few days ago the following mail:
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 06:06:18 -0700
Subject: Hope to hear back from you..
To: ME

Hello My Dear,

Thanks, it's nice to read your mail and to know that you are very committed to work with my family.. Firstly i will like to tell you about my Family. My name is Mrs Angelina Brooke and I am 33 years old, I am a Nurse and my Husband James is 40 years old and works as a Banker and We live in a four bedroom house here in Manchester..We have decided to find an Au pair because we need help looking after our child. We are looking for an Au pair to be a big sister or brother to our child and to become another member of our family, Though we had an Au pair before but she just recently traveled back to her country due to the Death of her Mother.
We got to lovely kids, Donald is 4 and Lisa is 5 years old..My son likes to go to the parks so as my daughter once a week and we would like you to take him.We will require you to take care of our son for about 30hrs a week. You will have weekends free and we will pay you £600 per week pocket money which we will give to you every Friday.Our residence is very open and near the city and there are other au pairs close by. There is also a good language school and we will encourage you to go for lessons there to learn English if you wish to. In the area there is one pub full of young people, a shop/post office and a hall where people get together to have parties. There is also a bus stop outside our house with direct access into the city center.You will have your own bedroom and your own bathroom either live in or live out fully furnished , plus desk phone and computer system with internet.We do not have any pets and we do not smoke.We need an Au pair to start with us soon and stay until at least 6 months or more. We will need you to drive our second car if you can and we shall arrange some driving lessons for you when you arrive. You may use this car for taking the children to school, going to your English classes and for your private use.Do tell us when you will be free to start up duties with us..We are a fun young family looking for a kind hearted fun Au pair to mix in with our family..
We shall be paying you the total sum of 3,000 Great Britain pounds and a pocket fee of 600pounds every week for you to get some stuffs you need for yourself..Hope the salary is okay with you..

I have just contacted the Immigration Service and they made me understand being an EU member, you will be needing the UK National Insurance Document ,UK Tax Insurance and a Medical clearance before you can arrive here into the United Kingdom to work & also they made me understand the Documents will be processed and ready for you within 1week

Here are the Information's which you will need to provide to the
Immigration Service...

- Full Name:

-Mailing Address:

-Phone

Number:

-Nationality:

-Passport Photo page:

And they also made me understand that the total sum of 800 Great British Pounds, will be needed for the processing of your Traveling Documents, so i will want you to get back to me with all these Information's so i can quickly forward to the Immigration Service and i will surely get back to you as soon i have done that, Also i will like you to let me know how much you can afford from the processing fee as we knew you won't be able to come up with all the fees being in Great British pounds..So we will want you to let us know how much you can afford and we will be glad to help with the remaining as to fasten the processing of your documents..

The job is already yours and we can;t wait to meet you here...If you don't mind, i will like it if you can contact my ex Au pair to ask her more about my family for you to be sure you are going to the right family and to the right place...Here is her E-mail which you can contact her through ([email protected]). .It would be better for you to contact her and ask her more about my Family and i would be glad to know if you have done that...

JOB DESCRIPTION ARE:
Washing,Cleaning,taking care of the kids,Traveling with our
children during there holiday.

YOUR ARRIVAL:

We will be picking you up at the airport when you come over.
we would appreciate if you can come over in earnest, as we are in need of someone urgently.

Bear it mind that we will not be eligible to pay the whole amount for the processing of your Traveling Documents, But we will surely help you with part of it.

We have some question for you to answer.

1) Can we Entrust our kids with you alone in the house.
2) Are you a Good Christian.
3) Will you treat our kids well as your own kids.
4) Do you have any child care experience.

We are happy to inform you that we are willing to employ you as our nanny.

God Bless
Angelina Brooke.
Advertisement

#62016 by Chris Fuller Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:17 am
Welcome to ScamWarners, aupairtt. I'm glad that you recognised this as a scam.

This scammer uses many different fake names; you can read about some of them here:

Charles Ramsey

Thank you for posting this scammer's latest persona!