If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#8656 by SherlynBurkhart Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:20 pm
These E-mails began 13 March 2009 and stopped 31 March 2009 after reporting it to the police.
I Googled up Ronald C. Beminio's name and it came directly here to scamwarners. May others be warned and take care.

The final check I received was not a cashier's check as promised. Check was drawn on:
Hill & associates Inc.
1003 Collingwood Road
Alexandria Va. 22308

Banl of America
6802 Richmond Hwy.
Alexandria Va. 22306

Spelling and punctuation from actual check, check signed by Patricia A Hill

[email protected] as "Andrea Malcomson"
phone number given to return phone calls 954-949-9205-foreign male voice

THESE ARE THE E-MAIL'S I RECEIVED-COPIED AND PASTED VERBATIM~

Hello,
I am Andrea Malcomson,I came across your advert that you are a private
music teacher.Kindly let me know more information you and your past teaching
experience. I have 2 children Lara & Jude of 16 & 18 years old,just want to
know if they can join your class.I will want you to let me know if you can
teach beginners,because my children are also just interested in learning the
basics. Also i will want to know the amount you charge for teaching lesson
per hour, because i want 16 lessons for them to study this course with
you,consist 2 times in a weeks, and I'll want you to let me know if you do
teach your lessons per hour?. Please let me hear from you with your total
fee for 16 lessons for both of my children so that well make an arrangement
on when to begin lessons.
Regards.

Dear,
Thanks for you mail and am happy to hear from you, I want one lesson a day for my children for 2 days in a week. Which is 2 lessons per week x 8 weeks - total 16 lessons. As of the payment, i want you to know that am paying through my agent bear with me. My children are coming for holiday in the States for the period of their learning starting from April 1st.You are going to receive the payment before the date, i have contacted my agent that he should make my funds available in payment of some farm equipment i supplied to him. He assured me he would make the payments (cashier's check) available. I will instruct him to get the cashier's check across to you as soon as possible. I would be care of my children accommodation, their trip to US and buy some instrument for them to be practicing between home and class.I will like you to get to me asap.I will like you to get back to me with the name on the cashier's check and also your contact address and phone number both home and office. Get back to me Asap.
Thank you.

How are you doing? Hope all is well. Sorry have not been able to get back to you earlier,i was away for a business transaction in SWITZERLAND,right now am in SWITZERLAND.

I have just been informed by my agent that his account officer made a terrible mistake with the payment, instead of the total payment $1360.00 meant for the lesson fee for my children, he issued a check for more than the amount, he included the traveling expenses of my children into the check. Please to avoid delay in travel my children to U.S in April, i will like you to deduct your funds from it as soon as you get it, i learnt it will get to you by the end of this week and the balance will be sent to my caretaker who will care of the children when they arrive for the lesson. Hope i can trust you with the balance? Please i am really sorry for these mess my agent's account officer have caused. Please as soon as you get the check get back to me asap so that i can provide my caretaker information for you to send the balance of the check to him. I will talk more better with you prior our arrival there at your location. Please look out for the check and keep me posted as soon as you get it.

GOD BLESS YOU

Thanks.
Andrea Malcomson

OK., thanks for your understanding and concerned. Yes i will be in the States with the children and we will talk better on the time i would like them to come for lesson. Look out for it and let me know when the check arrives.

Thank you.

What is going on? What really denied you of good communication? I was told that the check have finally arrived your address today, so i will want you to confirm this and get back to me so that i can provide you with my caretaker information for you to return the balance on the check to him.

I'm taking this time to get you alert that my children will come for their first lesson on Thursday April 2nd and Will get you inform on how the time table will be schedule when will arrive there. I really appreciate your patience and understanding.

I look forward to hear back from you today
Thanks and God bless.
Cheers ... Andrea.

Thanks for your mail and the confirmation. As regards to the lessons, i have gotten my children ready for the trip and they are glad about it. I will need you to send the remaining balance to my caretaker in NM so he can make arrangement for ticket booking with the ticketing office.. I will need you to do all you can to send the funds today because i am plaining of moving with the children to US on Thursday this week 04/02. You can send $3000 thru Western union money transfer Today!.to the caretaker to make booking. Here below is the information:-

Receivers Name: Ronald C. Beminio
City: Clovis
State: NM
Zip Code: 88101

Once the funds are sent, i will need you to provide me with the following information:-

Control Number(MTCN)
Amount Sent
Test question and answer
Senders name and address:-

I am aware there will be a western union money transfer charges when sending the funds you can go ahead and deduct that from $3000 and send the rest funds to the agent so further process could be made.

I await your response as soon as possible.

Andrea

Thank's for the Conversation over the phone and i hope by now you must have done with the transfer. Please get back to me with the transfer information so that i can give it to the agent to have the funds pick up from the western office nearby. I await your quick reply with the transfer information.
Thank you
Advertisement

#8657 by Dan Jones Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:58 pm
Thanks for posting this SherlynBurkhart. It's always nice to see someone not becoming a victim. It's even nicer when they use the info on our site.
#8662 by Ralph Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:37 pm
Hi Sherlyn

Welcome to Scamwarners

I am glad you found us and didn't end up in more trouble.

I am a little worried though, you mention about the "final cheque" does that mean you have previosuly cashed their cheques for them, if that is the case, then there are a few problems for you, I hope I have misinterpreted but if not, please let us know so we can further advise you.

A simple explanation on cheque scams;
Provisional clearance, this happens about 5 days after the cheque is deposited, regardless of if the cheque is good or not.
This is how the scam works, banks can take months to find out a cheque is bad and when they do, the onus is on the person who deposited the cheque to repay any money drawn on it.

People have actually gone to jail for cashing fake checks, if you have done so, please keep all the emails as the may become important evidence of your innocence
#8669 by The Enchantress Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:02 am
Welcome to Scamwarners SherlynBurkhart.

I am happy you realised it was a scam and thank you for posting the above information.

It will alert other potential victims, well done.

Search on telephone number links here;

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-26028.html

I'm Robin Anderson 45 years old,my wife and i were living here in new mexico until that fateful day she was diagnosed and later died of breast cancer i have 1kid. my kid is inteligent and nice kid is name is Bobby is age is 4years old,i want you to take good care of him for about 1yrs and 2month.All i need from you is trust and honesty because i will not be at home with the kid and the kid stay alone with you due to my working status and for the fact that i travel alot i could not be at home to stay with him and as you know it there are alot of achievement in Usa and you will be treated as part of the family from the minute you arrive. my boy like playing video games Our family is a little hectic at times but fun loving and energetic .We are only 30 mins from the International airport.The Aupair will have access to the internet and a television and video in his/her room. you will have you own double room with ensuite shower facilities. I would expect the aupair to work for 25hrs per week Mon-Fri with weekends off you can start doing some other things here in Usa as you will have your working permit as soon as i'm okay with you u will have to do some housework.Till i hear from you, Here is my Contact Home address here in Usa and as soon as you've arived in the airport i shall come and pick you up at the airport flat 2 Clovis New Mexico am willing to pay $600 per week for my child care so get back to me if you are interested
Best Regard
Mr Robin
954-949-9205

Thank you for the mail my kid is inteligent and nice kid.i want you to be with him and take good care of them for about 1yrs and 2month.My kid love singing and dancing all you need to do now is to contact the ticket agent via this information : Mr Ronald C. Beminio through this Email: [email protected] he has been my agent for well over a decade now and he take care of all my ticketing arrangement to wherever i want to go all over the world,so he is an experienced man.Contact the ticket agent and make enquiries about the visa,tickets and working permit document from your country to Usa and gets back to me via email don't worry about any expenses that this might cost you i shall refund all expenses incured by you after you get here when i pick you up at the airport,i just want to be sure if you really want to work for me and if you are really nice and caring with bobby because i don't want someone who don't care about kid.

I also want you to know that Usa is a nice place to stay you will have the access to internet facilities and have access to study in school of what ever you fill like going to study and for that it will only be for weekend only.Infact i have a personal computer at home but my kid usually play games on their own computer i can allow you to start using that to get some other enlinghtment over internet,I will be making every arrangement for you and now i have to arrange a room for you and i will make sure everything goes on well with you and with my kid too and may i ask if you have any driven experience b'cos you are going to be taking bobby to school every moring with the other car,There is nothing to worry about all you have to do is contact the ticket agent and make enquiries for your ticket,visa and all other neccessary arrangements which needs to be done before you can come over.I will be looking forward to hear from you immediately after you have contacted my travelling agency and whatever you both have agreed to you should let me know fast.

Thanks,Kindly contact Mr Ronald Immediately and he will let you know all you need to to do immediately so that there will be no delay.

Best of regard

Mr John

954-949-9205

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#8671 by Arnold Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:28 am
Note the generic phrasing in the emails. No mention of a piano at all.
Place an advert offering Peruvian nose flute lessons, and you'd get the same reply.

#8693 by Jillian Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:46 pm
Welcome, SherlynBurkhart. Good for you for being suspicious and researching. Thank you for taking the time to post this here to help others. :D

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners