If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#67089 by Mahare Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:09 pm
So. Searching on Craigslist for a job (I know, stupid me...I'm taking precautions though), and I see an interesting one. The title is Game Network hiring/designers needed/chat sup (Mytown), and the contents contain the following:

Several types of positions at the current time of this post
-Flash/Html Expert
-Artist, Drawing, Tattoo Designs
-Network Administrator
-Network Chat Support
-Programming/Fx Jobs

You will be working from home and out of office
You will not be required to fill in any forms or bogus material we ask only serious inquires as we only have about 40 spaces to fill quick.
If this sounds like something you may be interested in please contact us today, we would love your help!
We are a large growth gaming network.

Grasp this opportunity while you have a chance, if this is something you may be interested in please contact us today!
We look forward to hearing from you , Apply by: Email resume

Soooo, I sent them a "resume" with an alternate e-mail to test the waters...it did have my qualifications, just a little befuddled for no personal info. I said in all honesty that I wasn't sure I was qualified, and I got this in reply.

Hi [Name], I have taken a look over your email.. And if you have the time I would love for you to complete our application process. If possible you will need to have our software on your home computer at all times. We will be awaiting your log in, you can grab it here. [Link Removed]

Follow these next instructions carefully:

After you login Mr. [Name] you will need to sign in with your assigned admin login, please use the follow Admin: Admin51 Password: P3
if possible complete this process and get back to me after you fill out yur basic work information and schedule Orientation.

The link led to, yes, a game download...however, the company doing this game, MightyMagoo, is known for installing malware and viruses on machines. They deny it, naturally. Needless to say I did not install the "game" as I don't have any desires to infect my computer.
Advertisement