If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#9820 by Ralph Tue May 19, 2009 10:44 pm
Hi Sexy Momma

Welcome to Scamwarners,

I am glad that we have been able to help you to see that it is a scam,

In addition to the great advice given already I just wanted to emphasise how persistent these people are likely to be

You will no doubt receive more emails from them, they may pretend to be from the police or FBI, they may pretend to be a banker or lawyer, they can appear to be whoever they like and it can sometimes look quite convincing. If you do receive any emails confirming the cheques are good, please dont respond to them either, it is all the same scammer. The may threaten you, they may try to reasure you, the only thing we know for sure is that they will lie to you.

If you could post up or send me a header from the email we may be able to pin point where the email was sent from but that wont change too much either way, it is a scam, you will be safe so long as you dont attempt to cash the cheque
Last edited by Ralph on Wed May 20, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#9822 by Holly Brown Tue May 19, 2009 10:59 pm
... and make cash withdrawal of the remaining funds for my kid items immediately.

... your services of babysitting my kid ...

... who would be supplying you with my kid items ...

... release the baby items immediately to you ...

Not once does he mention the child's actual name. This is a good indication that this letter is a "script" - something he has sitting in his "draft" folder that he can just pull up, plop in your email address, and send it off without even hardly thinking.

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.