If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#73499 by LSueFun Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:30 pm
I met both of the men who scammed me on match.com The first man's name was Nathan Hill (Robert Carlos). This was the first man that I talked with on the site. He is a PRO at scamming. I considered myself
an intelligent woman, but in a couple of weeks I was believing everything he told me. He was an Italian-had a 16 year old daughter(Helen). Nathan was a communciation engineer-he traveled to Dubaui to put in cell phone towers for Verizon. Several things happened to him while there. The biggest problem was since this was his 1st trip abroad to work,when it was time to pay the taxes to the city he was out of money. Of course,
someone had stolen his wallet not long after arriving in the city. His bank would not let him withdraw any money as he had no proof who he was. Every suggestions I would offer, he had a reason it would not work. If I loved him and wanted him back in the states, I would send the money to pay taxes. My instincts were saying
no, but I had fallen for this smooth talker so I send the money. After that another incident occurred and I sent more money. Finally, by the last time I realized he had conned me out of a lot of money. He said he lived in Edgewater, FL. He had a 200 acre farm with horses. I would throw a question at him and he would answer very quickly so I thought he was an honest man. I know he is doing the same thing to another woman.
I learned a very expensive lesson, but learned I did.
The 2nd man was George Edwards U.S. Army(used pictures of Ralph Edwards) This time I was smart. He was
supposedly 10 yrs. younger and I questioned him about that. Poor homelife. He didn't waste anytime-on the 2nd day, he ask if I would buy him a laptop so we could communciate better. I said I would, but I needed to
borrow $600.00 first to help repair my son's car. He was gone quickly. I wish that I had read all the info
about scammers before I signed up on these web sites. [email protected] and nathan's email
[email protected]
Last edited by LSueFun on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#73501 by Arnold Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:47 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners. I'm sorry you were scammed. You can still consider yourself an intelligent woman. Romance scammers are good at convincing people to trust them, and it's not your fault that people like him exist.
Can you post their email addresses please.

#73523 by chocoholic60 Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:55 pm
Hi, I have just found out i have been scammed by a seemingly lovely man! His name is Timothy McClarean, and is a Military Policeman from Kentucky, serving in Afghanistan....met him on Plenty of Fish dating site.
His emails become quite intense and told me everything i wanted to hear. The he suggests i contact the admin people from this website, [email protected] requesting a phone to radio connection. I did this, and gave some personal details, and they replied saying i had to pay £450 which was refundable. I had my doubts, and also have not got that kind of money....i googled the email address and here i am!!
Please be warned, this so called man is a cruel person.....making vulnerable women think they are loved....
If anyone else has come across this fake, please message me....we can swap fake photos of him!
I found him on Facebook under the same name, he said he cant go on there for security reasons....weird cos we were chatting on Yahoo, [email protected]. so wouldnt that be a security risk?? I didnt give it a thought at the time. I gave him my Facebook name, (stupid me)!! and now he has obviously blocked me, as my daughter can see him, but i cant!!
God i feel so gullable, have informed Essex Police, and made an incident report and given a crime number, incase my details are used for ID fraud etc.....they dont think they could, but i am so worried now....

Thanks for reading.
#73532 by Lindsey777 Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:03 pm
Please don't feel like you were dumb listening to him. You are intelligent!

I fell for the same scam! I am inteligent, but this scammer is so intuitive in what you tell him - he is the "ROMEO OF LUCIFER"!

Sgt. Edwards...yea right! I feel so sorry for the "real Sgt, Edwards"! The pictures I received on him made it seem so real.

This is what I have on the Sgt. Edwards (too many emails, IM convos, telephone convos, etc. to post - would probably take 20+ posts to copy/past them all) or I would have to print them and send them to someone because this went on for 5 months:

email: [email protected] - found out his real name is Edward Solomon - uses the name Jason Oman Edwards, but in earlier conversations, he and his "friend" used Edward in discussions. He aslo has 3 other alias or accomplises + others ([email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] - Barrister Akwetey AKA: Heith Akwetey is a lawyer in Accra, Ghana, Edwin Afriyie-supposedly works at a hotel in Accra, Bismark Aniagyei Yeboah, Ashun David Frank-supposedly an uncle to Jammie Rexford, Juliana Kumi supposedly secretary to Diploma Ani, Jamies Amuzu or Amuzu James-supposedly secretary to Barrister Akwetey and Jason Ruble-supposedly a friend of Jammie Rexford)

[email protected] IP Addresses used - all through Yahoo: 98.139.54.60 (Sunnyvale, CA Inktomi Corp.), 66.94.237.74 (Yahoo from Brooklyn, NY), 67.195.168.230 (Yahoo from Plainfield, IL), 66.94.237.64, 66.94.238.147, and 209.191.88.254. I also received a "threatening msg via voicemail from
-Blogs on VOX (whatever that is)
-Member of Myyearbook.com
-Facebook IP: 41.218.244.119 (Ghana Telecom ADLS Dynamic Address Expanded pool, Domain-4u.com.gh, Accra, Ghana)
-Telephone number(s): 233-279-392472, 214-446-9831 (landline) out of Texas (Dallas, Irving, Richardson - Dallas-Fort Walton Metroplex metro area, Collin County), 416-506-0735 Toronto, ON
Address: 410 Queens Quay W Toronto, ON M5V3T1

I NEED TO CONTINUE ON A NEW POST - THIS ONE IS JUMPING UP AND DOWN! lINDSEY777

Phone Number(s): 233-279-392472
#73537 by Lindsey777 Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:30 pm
From Lindsey777 (continuing on with Sgt. Edwards' Romance Post)

-edwin.oman aka: Jason Oman Edwards aka: Sgt. Edwards - states he was born in Germany and relocated to USA as father was US Citizen - grew up in Cawa?, OH

[email protected] IP addresses - 74.6.136.244 (Yahoo IP), 98.137.54.238, 66.94.237.64 (last one used is also one used by [email protected])
-Phone number(s) - 239-935-5374 (shows as a Ft. Myers, FL number, but, has the same voice as those out of Accra, Ghana), 233-242-819711
-Claimed he was from a small town in CA, then stated he was from Canada, then was told he lived in Cawa?,OH

[email protected] ISP - 74.126.65.27 (Google Inc. Mountainview, CA)
-Phone number 233-543-875440
-Address Alajo Street 4 Accra, Ghana 00233
-Secretary supposedly is Juliana Kumi

[email protected] ISP 74.125.159.27
-Phone number 233-543-864026
-Secretary supposedly is Amuzu James or James Amuzu

TO BE CONTINUED
#73541 by Lindsey777 Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:43 pm
More from Lindsey777 re: Sgt. Edwards Scam - unfortunately, I was not provided with email addresses for these individuals to try to find IP addresses as well as James Amuzu or Amuzu James

-Edwin Afriyie
-Address Accra, Ghana 00233
-Phone number 233-543-864026 (same phone number as Barrister Akwetey)
-Supposedly works at a hotel in Accra, Ghana where Sgt. Edwards was stranded

-Bismark Aniagyei Yeboah
-Address Accra, Ghana 00233 (where I was to send computer and articles of clothing)

-Ashun David Frank (supposedly uncle to Rexford Jammie)
-Address Accra, Ghana 00233
-Phone number 233-242-819711

MORE TO FOLLOW
#73545 by Lindsey777 Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:16 am
The last one I have, I'm sure you are all happy for, is the "threatening voice mail message"! I did not answer the call because I did not recognize the phone number 618-888-81234. This person left me a threatening message. I, in turn, called my phone company, who traced the call and stated it had to be a prank. It originated out of the USA-through another country-and back to the USA.

So...I am not really sure if these calls are originated in the USA, or out of West Africa. "Sgt. Edwards" became quite involved in my life and even after I stopped sending money to him, he continued to email, IM via Yahoo, and call me.

I made up so many stories (i.e. attempting to commit suiced (no way I would do that), losing jobs, etc. because of the stress he, laywer, and diploma, was putting me through). I just kept him hanging onto "me" as long as I could so I could gather as much information as possible.

I have lost thousands of dollars, my entire family, almost wound up homeless, etc. because of this scam.

I am here to help whomever I can avoid this person(s) so they do not become a victim of his scam! I do plan on going back on "myyearbook" in order to advise any and all women of his true self! Of course I will use a "fictitious name/picture"! I wouldn't want him to know I was back on there looking for "supposed love"! That is not what I went on there for to begin with!

I don't know what to do about ALL OF THE EMAILS, IMs, AND PHONE CONVERSATIONS AS WELL AS PICTURES THOUGH - I need some help with that!

Though the soul is healed, God still sees the wounds, and sees them not as scars, but as honours.

-JULIAN OF NORWICH
#73746 by chocoholic60 Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:32 pm
I have since done some detective work on this creature! He is actually living in Yorkshire, and has a Sky broadband account!! we tracked his IP address on his email, and it was exactly the same one as the "Offical" American 3sat comm form the admin dept supposedly sent me! Oh, dear....now the Police have that info too, and as he is in England i am so hoping he gets a rather large shock when the boys in blue visit!!
I feel sorry for the poor bloke in the photos he sent me.....wonder who he is? he is very nice looking, but thats what they do....and thinking back, he never asked me anything about me! it was all about how he loved me, although he didnt know me....how strange! this is an extract of an email he sent me.... after a week...lolz!!

Honey, im so glad to have met you , i feel so complete now..having you in my life.I never really know what i was missing till i met you..I love you so much.you are my inspiration; you are a gift from God. You made me believe in true love in my lowest moments. Meeting you is like a source of light that penetrates through the end of a dark tunnel. I love you so much
I want you and always will and there is nothing that will ever change the way I feel about you ... I love you! Love can make you do things that you never thought possible. See, there's a place in me where your fingerprints will rest, your kisses will linger and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part me. I promise, you'll always be in my heart. I love you.My heart has already found it's way you. I want you and no one else. You mean everything to me now.. You have to know you're the one, and only one I want now..as my heart is directed to you. Not only are you perfect for me, you're the perfect friend and I hope we can and will be more. I could never ask for better then what we have had.

Well, what can i say! except for what a load of bull.....

but thats what they do, they suck you in....we are not to blame...they are low life....and hope they get what they deserve......chin up everyone...at least we are not alone in all this
#75605 by greeneyed lady Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:04 pm
Hello - I have recently been a victim of a romantic scam. I was contacted by a man from the POF online dating site. He asked for my email which I gave him and we talked for about 2 weeks. He was an arts dealer and was in Mexicio but lived in Toronto not that far from me. He was coming back soon and we would meet. He had all the lines and really pulled me in. I couldn't wait to meet him. But then he had a problem getting all his stuff shipped back to Canada. He did not have enough money and didn't carry his credit cards on him because he was robbed in another country on another trip. So he was really good at this and asked me if I could help him. He had his credit card # and wanted me to use it to send money to him via Western Union. Well that wouldn't work as they ask too many questions he said later. To make a long story short I sent him 540.00 and I knew after what an idiot I was. I knew it wasn't right as I did it but was hoping I was wrong. I have never been contacted by a scammer before and now after reading other scams on this
website I see he was just the same. He went by the name Sanz Diego and I have 3 email addresses for him.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
I traced his picture he sent me and it is from the film director Brett Ratner. Oh what I fool I was !
He was still on my msn after this and I told him I knew he was a scammer and he got very threatning and swore at me and called me lots of names. Then he apologized and said he was sorry and would give me back my money. I played along with this to see where it would go. He said for me to give him until next Tuesday to get the money back to me. And he will send it via Western Union. I am not sure if I should still be talking with him or not. I figure he needs to still use these email addresses as he must have some other scams in progress... why else would he reply to me. He threatened to block me but didn't last night.

I feel like such a fool but hopefully this might help stop someone else from getting sucked in. I wish I knew about this before ! I am alot wiser and poorer now but thank God it wasn't thousands of dollars... oh yes, he did come back and ask for more the day after I sent the first money. That's when I knew for sure it was a scam and didn't send anymore.
#75806 by Bubbles Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:15 am
Hello greeneyed lady,

You are not a fool. You are a victim of a scammer. Scammers make new victims every day. I am confident you will not get any money back from this criminal. I believe he only wants to keep you on the hook while he works on a new way to try to get money from you. Like he has had an accident, or you need to pay a feel.

We strongly encourage breaking off all contact with scammers because:
1. They have a lot of personal information about you.
2. They lie and continue to work to take more and more money from their victims.
3. They lie and nothing good ever comes from maintaining contact with a known scammer. They have no intention to give your money back, only scheme on how to get more money from you.

It is great you found us and will not send any more money to this scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#256564 by jharri68 Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:47 pm
Lindsey777 wrote:Please don't feel like you were dumb listening to him. You are intelligent!

I fell for the same scam! I am inteligent, but this scammer is so intuitive in what you tell him - he is the "ROMEO OF LUCIFER"!

Sgt. Edwards...yea right! I feel so sorry for the "real Sgt, Edwards"! The pictures I received on him made it seem so real.

This is what I have on the Sgt. Edwards (too many emails, IM convos, telephone convos, etc. to post - would probably take 20+ posts to copy/past them all) or I would have to print them and send them to someone because this went on for 5 months:

email: [email protected] - found out his real name is Edward Solomon - uses the name Jason Oman Edwards, but in earlier conversations, he and his "friend" used Edward in discussions. He aslo has 3 other alias or accomplises + others ([email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] - Barrister Akwetey AKA: Heith Akwetey is a lawyer in Accra, Ghana, Edwin Afriyie-supposedly works at a hotel in Accra, Bismark Aniagyei Yeboah, Ashun David Frank-supposedly an uncle to Jammie Rexford, Juliana Kumi supposedly secretary to Diploma Ani, Jamies Amuzu or Amuzu James-supposedly secretary to Barrister Akwetey and Jason Ruble-supposedly a friend of Jammie Rexford)

[email protected] IP Addresses used - all through Yahoo: 98.139.54.60 (Sunnyvale, CA Inktomi Corp.), 66.94.237.74 (Yahoo from Brooklyn, NY), 67.195.168.230 (Yahoo from Plainfield, IL), 66.94.237.64, 66.94.238.147, and 209.191.88.254. I also received a "threatening msg via voicemail from
-Blogs on VOX (whatever that is)
-Member of Myyearbook.com
-Facebook IP: 41.218.244.119 (Ghana Telecom ADLS Dynamic Address Expanded pool, Domain-4u.com.gh, Accra, Ghana)
-Telephone number(s): 233-279-392472, 214-446-9831 (landline) out of Texas (Dallas, Irving, Richardson - Dallas-Fort Walton Metroplex metro area, Collin County), 416-506-0735 Toronto, ON
Address: 410 Queens Quay W Toronto, ON M5V3T1

I NEED TO CONTINUE ON A NEW POST - THIS ONE IS JUMPING UP AND DOWN! lINDSEY777

Phone Number(s): 233-279-392472
#256576 by AlanJones Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:07 am
Welcome to Scamwarners jharri68.

You appear to have just quoted a 3.5 year old post without writing anything. If you are in contact with someone using any of the email addresses or phone numbers that Lindsey777 listed then you are dealing with a romance scammer. If you would like help or have information then please post.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.