If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#81465 by Bubbles Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 pm
It is good to hear you frustrated him. All scammers want is money. They do not want a relationship, they only want to see if you are a willing victim to send them money.

It is great that you didn't fall for the "in love" ploy.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
Advertisement

#82590 by ningaloo Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 pm
I got contacted by Sgt Wayne Ebert who says he is stationed in Kuwait on a peace mission, i believe him at first but got the feeling that there was something wrong, so i found the header of the email he sent me and it came from Ghana. He hasnt asked for money yet but his daughter did, thats when i started to get suspicious, 5 days after we started chatting you are asking me for money for book and clothes, im not that stupid. [email protected] is in for a ride, i still chat with him but now im asking him questions to see how he asnwers and how far he will go, I will have some fun now then delete him from my contacts. Lovesickened i got the same words in the chat as you did by email, this guys are unbielivable. If its for real how come he doesnt come up in any search, theres no record of wayne ebert anywhere in the web, and he still thinking im falling for him,lol
I will try to submit pics of him, maybe somebody here already knows him by another name, after i fugure out how to do it, is my first day here after a 3 days haunt to make sure he was scammer.
got my answer.
Sorry lovesickened that you felt for it, at least from now you will be more careful next time around, always check the net and look for answers, the best way to be sure who is sending you emails is by checking the header, there you will know from where it comes from, thats what open my eyes.
#82649 by Bubbles Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:47 am
Welcome to ScamWarners , you have given some good advice above.

We do NOT encourage people to stay in contact with someone they have identified to be a scammer. The reason for this is often the person has given personal information to the scammer thinking they are dealing with an honest and real person.

Scammers have been known to work hard to make a victim's life difficult, especially if you have "messes with them". If you want to learn how to do this safely please visit our sister site www.419eater.com .

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#82770 by ningaloo Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:02 pm
Bubbles i did my homework, before keeping contact with him, even if he is not a scammer i will never give out personal info about myself to anyone, i know some people do and that's very wrong, unless you truly trust that person and have seeing him/her in person then you should make the decision whether to tell him/her or not. he thought i was stupid enough to trust someone that i haven't even met and wouldn't met for 4 moth, that's when he is supposed to come back to the US. Today I put a stop to it as my time is very valuable, so I told him he was a scammer needless to say he was very offended and trying to gain my trust again but it didn't work. A rule of thumb to follow is nobody falls in love in 3-4-5 days, if its too good to be true probably is not, never trust someone you cant meet and never, never trust someone that will ask you for money, nowadays you can get money from any where in the world if you had an accident, got stolen or anything. Sgt Wayne Ebert is also Sgt John Albert on netblog i believe is the web site name, same picture different profile.
#82833 by began steele Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:13 am
Here you have the classic scammer tale of "peace keeping", this time in Kuwait. It is out of touch with reality in a country with no conflict ongoing. Forces in Kuwait are not peace keeping anything.
“The mission of Kuwait at the beginning, it was a staging area, a [reception, staging, onward movement and integration] station,” the official said. “Now it’s a platform, a final destination, so to speak, for contingency forces that can be used in the [Central Command] theater.”
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25518&p=82759#p82759

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#104174 by dollphinn37 Thu May 24, 2012 7:50 am
Hello I also was scammed by the so called Sgt Alex Lawson but he didn't use that name. He used the name Sgt. Ted Lewis. He messaged me from the website plenty of fish.com though not speed dating. We talked for 3 days and he also told me his parents were British and American, he said they were both dead and he had inherited alot of money from their deaths. He had a daughter named Jane that was being cared for while he was in the Military till next July because her mother left 3 years ago after he caught her cheating with his best friend. He told me he had a 5 story house in Lake City FL.

On the 3rd day he explained he was approved for leave but I would have to contact his commander and ask for the leave for him. I did that and got a return email stating that I would have to pay for his travel. To complete a form.

He is using the email and yahoo name Ted Lewis <[email protected]>;.

He sent me the same pictures he sent using Alex Lawson,, when he asked me for money red flags went up. So please be aware that he is now on plenty of fish.com.
#138168 by dingdong2387 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:04 am
Hey, I just got off msn messenger with the same person. Only I was smart enough to google his name before I allowed him to get into my head. I am always skeptical about online dating. He hit me up on match.com. Claiming that his wife died 6 years ago from breast cancer, his son passed away from a hole in his heart. And he has one daughter who is staying with his retired collegues wife in Ghana. He said he was going to come in Feburary on break and that he is going to retire in June and come see me in Canada. He was instantly in love with me. Kept preaching about love, I even said you sound too good to be true and he kept preaching on and on about love. He sent me a few pictures of himself which matched the pictures in group. After I googled him and came upon this website I instantly told him that he is a scammer and it's sad that a person would do something like this. He then said please don't I am not a scammer, and for me to give him a few mins so he can take this up with his commander. He always this omg i can't believe this this is why my daughter told me not to go on online dating.

BLOCKED AND DELETED!!!!! So glad for this website!
#138363 by began steele Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm
Ding Dong.You know where to come in future when you need answers so don't be afraid to check up or ask us .

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#164963 by Kac1970 Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 pm
I was approached by this same man he is goin by John Elbert..he hasn't asked for money yet but I have been playing along with him I knew something wasn't right!
#164967 by Bryon Williams Thu May 09, 2013 9:42 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Kac1970.

It is best just to ignore him and not to play with him. You have all his fake information and he has some of your real information.

Please post the email address he is using with this new name.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#164969 by Kac1970 Thu May 09, 2013 9:58 pm
He has a Facebook ebert Wayne, ebert John, and John ebert.. He changes his fb to a new one when he starts talkin to u.. He gave an address of 2666 Prescott cir e, Colorado springs, he is using email John.ebert564.@yahoo, John.ebert.940@yahoo, Johnebert72@yahoo
#164970 by Bryon Williams Thu May 09, 2013 10:02 pm
Thank you so much. I will make the addresses searchable with the .com . You will certainly help others avoid being scammed by him when they search his email address.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#198807 by Terribly_Damaged Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:19 pm
I believe love can be found however in order to do that one must first approach with a level headed coolness because a heart is a terrible thing to break. Today I watch how an already fragile heart was scattered even more by someone who cover their malicious words in honey. To the people who posted here they may already recognized the name or should I say names...Sgt. Alex Lawson, Sgt. Wayne Ebert, Sgt. Ebert Wayne or Sgt. John Ebert, I pretty sure the list goes on and on. So let me introduce you to another persona…Sgt. E6 Ryan Ebert Page from Kabul, a lonely solider with no living relatives and a wife that died on child’s bed. This man entire would is to serve in the military with no attachments to the world outside of war. That is the story that he tells you and because he is a solider you can’t help but believe his words. He approach through the match.com dating website saying that he has fallen in love at first sight with the picture you posted on the website. He then claims that his subscription is about to end that if you like he could still contact you through private emails. Thinking its sweet of him that he still wants to contact outside the dating site you give it to him. From there you begin sharing niceties…how was your day?, what are you doing?, it goes on each email going from romantic to extremely overrate poetic squeals. And because you believe in the honesty of people and you’re not that entirely great with computers you believe him. The emails then turn to texts over the phone, all hours of the day and night he would text you to the point where you didn’t even sleep just waiting for a text from him. All the while he never ask for money but you felt bad for him because he could get the small luxuries such as rice crispy treats, cereal, shower flips-flops, or even basic shaving cream…so of course you will feel bad for him. You will feel even worse that his birthday is coming up on April 10th and he has no one to celebrate it with. So you being the romantic decide to do something nice for your man abroad and make a care package for him. So you buy all the things he wants and needs, making sure that everything met your highest expectation so not only would you please him but at the same time hope that he becomes aware that you are there for him and truly want to be by his side. And all the while he tells you that his duty abroad is coming to a close and that he’s filling out paper work so he can come home sooner because he wants to join you on that vacation you will be take over the summer. You feel ecstatic and exhilarated that you won’t be lonely over the summer that you will have someone around to share your company with. A person to accept in your home and in your family because you feel and truly believe he is The One. The One man who make you feel so special and beautiful, and even though he is far away you get a thrill that he gets jealous when you meet other men or worries about you being alone with no one around. Yes, Sgt. Ebert does make you feel like the appreciated woman you deserve to be once he even cut a flower for you and send you the picture, it was a beautiful yellow thing and no one could take your smile that day from you. But as time goes on the sudden climax starts to dip and you being to get this inking that something isn’t completely right. He starts by saying that he doesn’t have any more for a decent meal over there and go on and on. Then he gets horrible stomach pains and has to go to a civilian hospital but can’t afford it. You aren’t completely sure what its all about because you don’t understand the procedures that take place in the military and since he is not asking for money directly you do not give it to him, your only saving grace. Sgt. Ebert then gets impatient about where that package you were supposed to send him, so much so that he becomes frantic. You deal with it calmly and set him on his heels then he feels so bad that he goes on to say that he didn’t mean to be pushy but please understand that he has no one else to turn to, only the love of his life with is you. He even gets his “commanding officer” to talk to you so that you don’t leave him in his time of crisis because again he has no one else and he has never seen Ebert more happy then when he talk to you. You decided to forgive and forget and believe that he is just stressed out so you continue with him. And for a while things are great and you look forward to meeting with him in June. You ask him what colors he likes, what activities he likes to do, etc… Then all of a sudden he stops talking to you and pays less attention to, you get upset and don’t understand what’s going on. When you talk to him again you tell him your bother by his behavior, he will tell you nothing is wrong and that he doesn’t like the way you are treating him. Again you step back and decided to end it and you tell him so but a couple of days later you are very said because you miss the routine of texting Ebert, then he texts you again and you decided that perhaps it will be worth another shot. Forwarding again you hear from him that he got that care package you send him and you couldn’t be happier then when he tells that you were something special. You truly do love him and really want to meet the man in person. But then something happen afterward he doesn’t text you for two days and then his commanding officer tells you he want on a mission to retrieve a vehicle and to take you for that gift you got him as payment for allowing Sgt. Ebert to use his phone to contact you. Then Ebert returns and tells you that he got word back from HQ that his forms were being processed and that if he wanted to leave he must pay for his own ticket even though technically is time of services is done with and will come back with the next batch of soldiers home. He then as you if you could give him $7000 to get home but then you remember that he said he had some ongoing issue that need to be paid off and while he didn’t directly ask for money he did say the issue was around $7000. At this point you don’t understand then what the point in being in the army if when your duty is over then down give you anything or even give you a ticket to come home. Was he into for the giggles of war? You aren’t quite sure. He never once ask you what your situation was like he just assumes you have the money. You feel weird about the whole thing and when you tell him that you aren’t really sure as to why the military wouldn’t pay for his retiring of duty flight home he gets offended. He has never once het you or even talked over the phone but he feels that as the love of his life that you should give him the money. This morning you felt very uneasy and haven’t answered his text back and for once you decided to check with a friend if Sgt. Ebert was telling the truth. What you find is less then appealing and down rightful. The man that you had such high hopes for and was in love was a scammer of multiple names, each more similar then the last. Perhaps Ebert though that because your English wasn’t because and you disliked computer you would never find out his “beautiful” reputation online. Months of writing, sharing, waiting and hoping come to a disastrous halt and the realization sinks in that you were played like a fool, a hopelessly, loving fool. And now while you may not have giving him your money, you have giving him your time, your efforts, a care package and above all your heart. The moral of this story may be don’t be a romantic fool and think level headed next the fact remains that when you are truly lonely and feel abandon anyone who shows you warmth can make a fool out of you no matter how intelligent or clever you might be. This story is for the women out there that have been fooled by scammers who don’t seem to realize that we are just as human as very one else and we have emotions that get hurt. Their livelihoods depend on people who want to be loved and feel love, and there’s nothing more ugly then killing someone with their own emotions. Take this as a lesson to never do the same mistake twice and don’t stay silent about it either. If you hear from a Sgt. E6 Ryan Ebert Page from Kabul don’t just play along with him just outright shun him. He wants nothing more than a sugar mommy to help him solve all his dilemmas, the man takes pride in his work and he is careful with the details you give him so he can use it back to you so that you feel like he is really listening to you. Don’t even listen to him or accept his interest invitations there’s nothing good about him.
While he will probably change his name again if he gives you the following information then its probably the same guy. This is disgraceful that soldiers are doing this now.
His emails: [email protected]
[email protected]
Phone #: (503)-741-8500
#198903 by vonpaso xlura Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:12 am
Soldiers are not doing this. Scammers are pretending to be soldiers. Soldiers do not need anyone to pay for their leave. Soldiers have access to their money. Soldiers on active duty have no time to browse dating websites. Soldiers have email addresses issued by the military (in the US, they end in .mil).

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10