If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#294376 by Bryon Williams Tue May 10, 2016 4:46 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Can you please post a couple of his initial emails to you minus your personal information.

Since your emails are similiar and this thread is almost two years old. Some potential victims may search parts of the new script being used.

Thanks

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#294380 by AP2016 Tue May 10, 2016 5:15 pm
Hi
Unfortunately I've deleted the app (LINE) we used to Chat immediately after having found out he is a scammer so I don't have the conversations where he was asking me for money bit here one of the first mails

From [email protected]:

Hey A

I read your email with a smile on my face. I have been checking my emailbox since I sent you the reply, for some reason I'm excited to read something from you.
Phew, so I like this email thing getting to know each other :) i have never done it before let's see how this will work. I am going to reply to your questions( the few right now but waiting to be bombed ofcourse) then I will move to tell you about myself -which I expect you to do in your next email.

About my looks, I'm usually clean shave, the picture with the beard is one from the time I was on boot permit so I was able to grow my beards I was really feeling myself. The one at Prague is the most recent them ☺️. I live in Switzerland, I just moved to Europe from NYC but right now I am on a work trip. So you also said you work has been busy for you, what do you do?
Okay this is going to be a long mail because you kinda made me interested so I will go into details telling you about myself.

First, i am real, a real man,with a real heart and real feelings.

The one thing I don't have is someone special to love and who would love me. And I want that! But only with the right woman. I am looking for my best friend and someone to love truly and who will love me. I hate games and I don’t play them. I’m honest to a fault and very loyal. I want to spend my time with someone I enjoy being around, who makes me feel young, someone I never want to be apart from, someone who could shatter my heart but wouldn’t. Someone I could be myself with and who in turn can be who they are with me.

I’m an adventurous and spontaneous person and would enjoy the same in my partner. A great sense of humor and a big heart would not be refused. I love to have fun and u can be very playful sometimes and I love to laugh and make sure the people around me are laughing and having fun. I don't know how to dance but I like to dance! (Smiles) I like to read and write!

I like be outdoors in good weather, taking walks on the beach or on a nature trail I enjoy work with my hands, going for walks with someone very close and special to me, I have travel to many places in my lifetime due to the nature of my job. but there is so much of the world I have not yet visited and I would love to share that with someone special. I’m always willing to try new things and can only hope I’ll have someone to share the experiences with! I enjoy physical fitness and workout 4-5 days a week (when I have the chance and time) I am in great health and plan on living and enjoy life for a very long time to come!

I am a very passionate man. Passionate about God, Passionate about life. Passionate about family, Passionate about Love. I really would like to meet someone to build and share the ups and downs in life. She must be someone who wants to spend time with me. I want her to be my best friend and she should be honest and truthful! Caring, romantic, affectionate, thoughtful, and compassionate. I want to spend my time with someone I enjoy, who shares common interests with me. I am here for the right reasons; I want to find my last love, the woman who can put a sparkle in my eyes, someone I can't live without! The woman I picture myself falling for has no defined physical appearance, when I dream of her I see two people fully engross in each other, even if there are other people around we see just each other. I see us hand in hand walking on the beach or arm in arm in front of a cozy warm fire with a glass of wine and good conversation. I see laughing and smiling and sparks, the kind that makes the inside of your stomach feel like it's doing back-flips over and over again and again. I see a woman who searches the room for me and when our eyes meet we are at peace, with just the knowing!

I miss having someone to share my secrets and desire with and someone to share in the everyday decisions. She will be someone I will want to spend my time with because we communication easily, we share everything...thoughts, dreams, goals, family, challenges, and the everyday things of everyday life! I love to give attention and of course receive it as well! I like to have little unexpected surprises for her, things she will never know when they are coming, but will enjoy the anticipation of the surprise and the surprise in itself.

When you love someone you want the best for them even before yourself. I think of how she would feel or see the things we would encounter on life’s journey and I would do my best to make that journey as loving and caring and comfortable as it could possibly be. I want to share in the discovery of a new found love and build our life on that foundation!

I haven’t felt that spark in a long time and I would love to have it again with someone special!

I’m not perfect, I'm Not asking for perfection only for truthfulness. I have a lot of love to give that person.

Yours,
Corey
#294878 by AP2016 Sat May 14, 2016 5:32 pm
Hi

Just saw there is now a fb profile created with a pic of "him" on the name Nicholas Cindrich, US army and widower and all the bla bla and lies he is telling! I've reported to fb alteady but the more people do the better it might be..

A.
#298781 by VJC Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:16 am
I've met Corey Jaye Cindrich on okcupid. He uses the e-mail [email protected]. He didn't relly send me long e-mails, it was more on a chat basis. We met on Jan 9th 2016 and he told me he has to go on deployment for 3 months. We stayed in touch using LINE where he uses the name "Coreyontherun". At the end of January he wrote me an e-mail saying he lost his phone and wallet while laying ambush. He asked me if I could send him some money because local food would not go so well with him and he needs a new phone to stay in touch with me all the times (he gave me following address to send him a phone: US Army of the 4th division infantry and 316th Sustainment Command, on deployment in Nigeria, 18 ibaka, Akungba Akonko, Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria 342111). Of course there were alarm bells going off, sadly I could not find any proof. A few weeks later he confessed that there was an incident and that $ 15'000 were stolen. He's a Financial Officer and claimed his innocence. I tried to find any sign online if he was a romance scammer. I googled his name, searched all pictures by uploding into google. Unfortunately, no success. He made it very believable that he would have to go to jail if he can’t reimburse the army for his negligence. I have no idea how I have stombeled over this site. In fact, there are similar sites to this one with Cindrich's profiel. Why could I have not found that the first time I searched? We chatted on a daily basis several times per day and none of the lines were similar to what's posted now on the net. With exception that he's a widower, his late wife (Zara Cindrich) was shot because she was involved in drug smuggling. He lost his parents in a car accident and has an older brother who doesn't want to stay in touch with him. He described his brother with long hair, looking quite like him, and his name is Jaja. He has a house in LA, 1252 W 59th Pl, Los Angeles, CA 90044 and needs to get money to pay the penalty and interst of $ 13'844.56 or he goes to foreclosure. The phone number used on the document is 862 324 7752. Because of his late wife there's an investigation and he can't access his account. The goverment has the right to freez accounts just like that (thank's to the movie The Pursuit of Happyness, I actually believed that). So he's currently still in Nigeria because he could not reimburse the army for his negligence. I have transferred several thousand dollars. Yes, he really knows his lines and I was dumb enough to believe it. First we used MoneyGram but since he needed quite a large amount they flagged my name. I wish they could also flag his name. He provided me with a friends accound information in Phoenix City, AL, James Bushner, holding an account at SunTrust, and I wired 10'000 figuring, it's a bank transfer so if something is fishy they would raise a flag. Unfortunately that was not the case. I requested a bank to bank tracer because James claimed to have never gotten the money. After presenting the proof he said he has issues with his account. And yet, any search I did to find out about a scam lead to nowhere. Wait it gets better. I agreed on paying a smaller amount of 1'700 into the account of a Nigerian soldier named "Olatuja H. OLAREWAJU" holding an account at Wema bank because he was able to get some money from his "aunt" and another friend. We have been chatting every day since January and now it's June 21st. There is another Nigerian Soldier I have send a smaller amount to because Olatuja apperently got transferred. His name is "Femi Aladeyelu" holding an account at Diamond Bank. One other person involved is "Lisa Payreau" from Boynton Beach, FL. The phone number is 561 463 4XXX. I really felt for this guy, he talked to me in a polite way, even when I raised suspicions. That happend several times but he knew how to talk and because I had no evidence I believed him.
I feel sorry that the actual Cindrich guy (name on the cammies) is used too.
#298788 by HillBilly Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:46 pm
Hi and welcome to scamwarners, VJC. If you still have the emails containing the information please post them, instead of your interpretation of those letters. This will help future potential victims that are doing exact wording searches, because your scammer is using scripts, not writing individual letters.

Here are some things I noted in the information you posted .

1252 W 59th Pl Los Angeles, CA 90044
yet a NJ phone #?
(862) 324-7752
Owner's name hidden for privacy reasons
Owner is based in Succasunna, NJ
VoIP - TextPlus

I can also recommend you stop believing whatever you see in the movies or TV. Hollywood does a lot that is just not possible. The scammers / criminals also think like Hollywood meaning what they talk about makes zero logical and realistic sense most of the time.

I will not go into everything about the conclusions you posted and why they make zero sense, because I do not want to educate the scammers at all. They read this site too, either directly or through other means.

Stop all contact with this scammer / criminal if you lost money to him report it to the IC3, https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx , your local Police Department, and also your tax professional ( all is assuming you are in the USA). If not, please tell us the country that you are in and we can provide places to report in your country if they exist.

Do not tell your scammer you know he is a scammer, he will only find more lies to tell you why he is not one.
Do not tell him he is posted here, either. He can and will create a new identity in minutes to scam others with if he finds out he is posted here. Then all of the warnings are useless.

Please do post all of the emails he sent if you still have them, but remove your personal information prior to posting them.

#298839 by VJC Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:44 am
I noticed the NJ number and called the actual assessor's office in LA. I'm not from North America though and not familiar with the way legal things are handled, yet, it's the foreclosure document that tipped me off.

We communicated on chat basis, at first on okcupid and then on LINE. Quite a lot of effort for a scammer. In general his grammar seems ok with exception for some typos.

A longer message from LINE on 15.01.2016 telling me the story with his late wife and why his account got blocked:

Babe so this is how the story goes. My late wife was a loving woman, she was sweet and anything good think you could think of but for one thing that I am going to tell you today.
We lived in the same roof everyday for three years till the day she passed little did I know she had skeletons in her cupboard. She was a nurse, assisted surgeons in operating rooms and worked for quite a few hospitals so we lived really really comfortably, we bought a house in downtown LA worth over a million. She also was a very good dancer, I would say she was more of a dancer than a nurse dance was like a career. One day she told me that her group was hired to perform at a musical concert in Texas but the case was different, I had no idea she was a drug dealer, that day she was with her gang they had issues with some business they did earlier so a fight broke out and she got shot and died on the way to hospital. I was shocked, terrified, I grieved like a baby, MY NAME I don't ever want to experience that again. The police came in and wanted to take me as an accomplice because no one would believe she kept it a secret but they could not hold me there wasn't any evidence.

We ran a joint account, today that account holds over 2.5 million dollars money from our savings and I'm sure she she got from the drugs. I was married for only three years, before I met you everyday I woke up I wanted to turn back the hands of time and live those over and over and again but its a different story now, I thought I would never find love again honestly MY NAME I Almost stopped believing in love but you came into my life and did the unthinkable, you pick up my shattered heart and put back the broken parts, words can't describe you, you're an Angel in disguise.

I recently heard that one of her colleague was caught about two months ago, they trace the case to my late wife's joint account. About a month ago I got a call from the police, they need my attention so they locked the account, I was suppose to go clear things up i'll do it when I return home so they can let me back into the account, that's the only account I have.

Here is one e-mail (20.01.2016) telling me about the incident with the phone and wallet:

hi babe,
First I gotta say I missed you, I have never missed you this much honey I felt like crying today. How's your day going at davos? It was a long day honey and something terrible happened today on patrol. We went to lay ambush for those terrorist and there were shootings. I'm fine but I lost my phone and wallet, somehow they managed to drop from my pocket. just only got back to the base now. Dead hungry can't eat the food and I have absolutely $0, all I had was in the wallet.

A longer message from LINE on 19.02.2016 telling me about the incident with the money at work:

All this happening at a very wrong time, gives me headache. We in the finance unit are trained to make all our transactions confidential except to the one we are reporting to, we do not allow any person to access our computers because a lot of money is put in our care. Last week while I was working it was too hot so I decided to take a quick shower and I forgot to lock my computer. The next day we discovered the funds for some supplies were missing and it as traced to my computer. It is assumed I only have access to it so I went in for questioning. I'm still shocked how that can be, I have a clean record on my job I can't divert that kind of money my way. Well right now we are investigating the whereabouts of that money but my fear is if we don't succeed I would be held responsible. That's the military for you

The rest is again mainly on chat basis and explanations.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.
#298856 by HillBilly Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:14 am
VJC wrote:In general his grammar seems ok with exception for some typos.

Thanks for posting what you could, VJC. this will help future potential victims.

if you realize that many of these scammers are nothing more than students (on student Visas) in first world countries that have the education to write good letters, or they are the family / friends / employees (of their mugu) of the scammers back in the 3rd world countries then it makes better sense that their writing skills are good. If you ever spoke to this individual chances are good his African accent would give him away in the first sentence.

also realize that their job is to be in front of a computer screen 16 to 20 hours a day, every day in hopes to steal a lot of money from someone, they don't care who. it is also not unusual for them to have as many as 20 or 30 different identities / personalities they are using to try and steal others' hard earned money with. These are professional thieves, nothing else.

Since you mentioned Nigeria in your OP, it will likely benefit you to report it to the EFCC in Nigeria ( https://efccnigeria.org/efcc/ ). I can't say with certainty it will do any good but chances are better it can not hurt to report it. If the criminal is ever found, put on trial and found guilty then at least you have a chance at getting some of your money back ( realize this chance is very small anyhow). If you don't report it, that can never happen.

#298859 by malu53 Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:21 am
emil address leads to a female profile on FB
Phyllis Woodard
Works at Starbucks
Lives in Los Angeles, California
From Detroit, Michigan

#307885 by coldheart88 Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:45 pm
I experienced the same way too!! Too bad I fell for this kind of scam, I really don't know if his for real or a real life scammer.., I met him in wechat app.., we've been chatting for a couple of months now., we only chatting no videocalls or even voice calls coz he said they're not allowed to do so coz its their rule.., and his asking me to send money couple of times Tru money gram coz he said he wants to visit me but needs to pay for his leave because his in afghanistan for his mission and (MRF) military replacement form $1200 USD for him to be able to come and visit me.., I dunno if MRF is legit or what., and $1500 USD for his plane ticket coz his claiming that he doesn't have access from his account to pay for it so he can't come and visit., so asking me to send money to his agent to process his leave form., I really fell for his charms but unfortunately I thinking his a scam too., I've been sending to him the needed money for him to come and visit but everytime he always got an excuse/delays in coming.., so I really am not sure also if his name and photo is legit or just a scam as well..,
Any help would be much appreciated please.. I don't know if I should post a photo of him too coz still at the back of my heart and mind I'm still hoping he is for real.., I dunno very confused..,
If I post his photo here and find out his a scam what should I do ??? Or what if he is not., I really don't know what to do.., anyone can help me please :cry: :cry: :cry:
#307886 by Bryon Williams Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:56 pm
It is 100% a scam.

He is a thief. Everything he has told you is a lie.

Military members do not pay for leave. They earn free leave each year. Also only the member can request leave through his chain of command. His wife, mother, children nor internet girlfriend can do this. Also they would never have contact with his chain of command.

Military members have access to their money. They also do not pay for phones, internet or medical.

Military provides all meals.

Please stop all contact with the scammer. If you confront him he will continue to lie.

Post his fake name, rank and email address. This will help other women avoid his scam.

This is a warning from the Army about this scam.
http://www.army.mil/article/130861/Army ... nce_scams/

QUANTICO, Va. (July 30, 2014) -- Special Agents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, commonly known as CID, are once again warning internet users worldwide about cyber criminals involved in an online crime that CID has dubbed "the Romance Scam."

CID special agents continue to receive numerous reports from victims located around the world regarding various scams of persons impersonating U.S. Soldiers online. Victims are usually unsuspecting women, 30 to 55 years old, who believe they are romantically involved with an American Soldier, yet are being exploited and ultimately robbed, by perpetrators who strike from thousands of miles away.

"We cannot stress enough that people need to stop sending money to persons they meet on the internet and claim to be in the U.S. military," said Chris Grey, Army CID's spokesman.

"It is very troubling to hear these stories over and over again of people who have sent thousands of dollars to someone they have never met and sometimes have never even spoken to on the phone," Grey said.

The majority of the "romance scams," are being perpetrated on social media and dating-type websites where unsuspecting females are the main target.

The criminals are pretending to be U.S. servicemen, routinely serving in a combat zone. The perpetrators will often take the true rank and name of a U.S. Soldier who is honorably serving his country somewhere in the world, or has previously served and been honorably discharged, then marry that up with some photographs of a Soldier off the internet, and then build a false identity to begin prowling the internet for victims.

The scams often involve carefully worded romantic requests for money from the victim to purchase special laptop computers, international telephones, military leave papers, and transportation fees to be used by the fictitious "deployed Soldier" so their false relationship can continue. The scams include asking the victim to send money, often thousands of dollars at a time, to a third party address.

Once victims are hooked, the criminals continue their ruse.

"We've even seen instances where the perpetrators are asking the victims for money to purchase "leave papers" from the Army, help pay for medical expenses from combat wounds or help pay for their flight home so they can leave the war zone," said Grey.

These scams are outright theft and are a grave misrepresentation of the U.S. Army and the tremendous amount of support programs and mechanisms that exist for Soldiers today, especially those serving overseas, said Grey.

Along with the romance-type scams, CID has been receiving complaints from citizens worldwide that they have been the victims of other types of scams -- once again where a cyber crook is impersonating a U.S. service member. One version usually involves the sale of a vehicle; where the service member claims to be living overseas and has to quickly sell their vehicle because they are being sent to another duty station. After sending bogus information regarding the vehicle, the seller requests the buyer do a wire transfer to a third party to complete the purchase. When in reality, the entire exchange is a ruse for the crook to get the wire transfer and leave the buyer high and dry, with no vehicle.

Army CID continues to warn people to be very suspicious if they begin a relationship on the internet with someone claiming to be an American Soldier and within a matter of weeks, the alleged Soldier is asking for money, as well as discussing marriage.

The majority of these scams have a distinct pattern to them, explained Grey.

The perpetrators often tell the victims that their units do not have telephones or they are not allowed to make calls or they need money to "help keep the Army internet running." They often say they are widowers and raising a young child on their own to pull on the heartstrings of their victims.

"We've even seen where the criminals said that the Army won't allow the Soldier to access their personal bank accounts or credit cards," said Grey.

All lies, according to CID officials.

"These perpetrators, often from other countries, most notably from West African countries, are good at what they do and quite familiar with American culture, but the claims about the Army and its regulations are ridiculous," said Grey.

The Army reports that numerous very senior officers and enlisted Soldiers throughout the Army have had their identities stolen to be used in these scams.

To date, there have been no reports to Army CID indicating any U.S. service members have suffered any financial loss as a result of these attacks. Photographs and actual names of U.S. service members have been the only thing utilized. On the contrary, the victims have lost thousands.

One victim revealed that she had sent more than $60,000 to the scammer. Another victim from Great Britain told CID officials that over the course of a year, she had sent more than $75,000 to the con artists.

"The criminals are preying on the emotions and patriotism of their victims," added Grey.

The U.S. has established numerous task force organizations to deal with this and other growing issues; unfortunately, the people committing these scams are using untraceable email addresses on Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., routing accounts through numerous locations around the world, and utilizing pay-per-hour Internet cyber cafes, which often times maintain no accountability of use. The ability of law enforcement to identify these perpetrators is very limited, so individuals must stay on the alert and be personally responsible to protect themselves.

"Another critical issue is we don't want victims who do not report this crime walking away and thinking that a U.S. serviceman has ripped them off when in fact that serviceman is honorably serving his country and often not even aware that his pictures or identity have been stolen," said Grey.

What to look for:

DON'T EVER SEND MONEY! Be extremely suspicious if you are asked for money for transportation costs, communication fees or marriage processing and medical fees.

Carefully check out the stories you are being told. If it sounds suspicious, there is a reason, it's routinely false -- trust your instincts.

If you do start an internet-based relationship with someone, check them out, research what they are telling you with someone who would know, such as a current or former service member.

Be very suspicious if you never get to actually speak with the person on the phone or are told you cannot write or receive letters in the mail. Servicemen and women serving overseas will often have an APO or FPO mailing address. Internet or not, service members always appreciate a letter in the mail.

Military members have an email address that end in ".mil." If the person you are speaking with cannot sent you at least one email from a ".mil" (that will be the very LAST part of the address and nothing after), then there is a high probability they are not in the military.

Many of the negative claims made about the military and the supposed lack of support and services provided to troops overseas are far from reality -- check the facts.

Be very suspicious if you are asked to send money or ship property to a third party or company. Often times the company exists, but has no idea or is not a part of the scam.

Be aware of common spelling, grammatical or language errors in the emails.

Be cognizant of foreign and regional accents that do not match the person's story.

WHERE TO GO FOR HELP

Report the theft to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) (FBI-NW3C Partnership) at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx.

Report the theft to the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.ftc.gov/idtheft.

Your report helps law enforcement officials across the United States in their investigations.

Report the theft by phone at 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338) or TTY, 1-866-653-4261.

Report the theft by mail at the following address:

Identity Theft Clearinghouse
Federal Trade Commission
Washington, DC 20580

Report the fraud by email to the Federal Trade Commission on Nigerian Scams via at [email protected].

For more information on CID, visit http://www.cid.army.mil.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/