If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#74343 by how could i!! Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:52 pm
I fell for this scammer hook line and sinker, i thought at my age I'd have know better. I met him on Uniform Dating and like others it seems, received a heart felt written email, explaining how his wife had cheated on him and divorced her 2 years ago, his parents had died when he was young and was brought up by grand parents In US and SOUTH AFRICA. We started chatting in August this year, untill last night. Out of curoisty I put his name in a search engine and came up with this site.
I have spent the afternoon at a police station, because I had claimed money supposed Friends were sending, and sent it on to him so he could get leave. I can't believe how he took me in, the photo's he sent made him irresistible. Personally I've lost 1000 pounds. It could have easily been more.
Please beware of him, I've had to change my bank account and mobile number because of him .
Advertisement

#74353 by Dotti Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:51 pm
I'm sorry you were scammed but definitely glad you realized before getting in any deeper. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as "too old" or even "too smart" to fall for a scam. Every one of us is capable of being scammed, if the scammer knows what lines to use or what buttons to push. Scammers do this for a living - many have a lot of experience and know exactly what to say and how to say it. Lies come to them as easily as the truth--in fact, I would say they come more easily.

There is information in my signature line for victims. I would like to encourage you to read it, and follow the advice given there.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#74354 by Helen Halper Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:55 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, how could i!!
I'm really sorry to hear that you were scammed and that the scammer fooled you into accepting and sending on money from other victims. Good job going to the police!
Would you please post an email or two from the scammer SPC Samuel Christopher Cindrichand and also the email address that he was using?

#74405 by how could i!! Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:51 am
Here is the first email I received from him, funny how I've read it on a few sites now... i have 114 emails and all the chat we ever had, photos too if your interested.

Thanks for writing email on here,I am so sorry it took me so long to reply,i have been so busy. How are you, hope you are doing just fine?. I think it will be cool to start by telling you a little about me.I'm SPC Samuel Christopher Cindrich of the US Army and ISAF and I'm currently on deployment in Kaboul, Afghanistan. Army Division: 4th Infantry Division,1st Heavy Brigade combat Team (Raiders).I have been single for 2 years since my marriage ended in such a painful manner.I think its about time i moved on now and find my self a good woman who i can hopefully spend the rest of my life with. I have got lots of love in me that i want to share.

I'm passionate, loving, caring, trusting ,honest, romantic and faithful. .And all i am looking for is that special woman to move on with.A woman that i can love and will love me back.A woman that i can do that simple things of life with and share and enjoy life together.I hope to get to know more about you.I love all kinds of music but i have special interest in Blues,Hip Hop,Rap and a lover Basketball,Tennis,swimming and Soccer and a big fan of Manchester united football club,I also love the simple things of life like watching sunshine and walking the beach with the right with woman is my heaven.

I want to meet the woman i can love,adore and spend the rest of my life with.I will also like to tell you that i am only interested in a serious and long term relationship as i want a more stable life now.I am so sorry if i sound too direct,its just that i wouldn't want to waste either your time or mine cause i have come to realized that life is too short to pretend.I have attach some of my recent pix and i hope you will like it.Do you have yahoo messenger or msn,I have yahoo messenger..Looking forward to read from you soonest.

Cheers

Sam

Grace means more than gifts. In grace something is transcended, once and for all overcome. Grace happens in spite of something; it happens in spite of separateness and alienation. Grace means that life is once again united with life, self is reconciled with self. Grace means accepting the abandoned one. Grace transforms fate into a meaningful vocation. It transforms guilt to trust and courage. The word grace has something triumphant in it.Grace is the reason two people will feel this way about each other even before we meet in person.My grand father use to say "a life lived in love will never be dull." my life has been filled with happiness and lots of fun and the thought of just thinking about you and getting to be with you make me have this really great and special feelings...Never a dull moment now all because of you.i read your email today i can feel the connection,though expressing once feelings is difficult on heren but i can feel and understand everything you said,you must be some kind of magician to open my heart in the way you do.Without some goal and some effort to reach love, no one can love.Love is just so complex and now i am feeling it.Love gives hope,The kind of hope President Barack Obama was talking about when he said"Hope is what led a band of colonists to rise up against an empire; what led the greatest of generations to free a continent and heal a nation; what led young women and young men to sit at lunch counters and brave fire hoses and march through Selma and Montgomery for freedom's cause. Hope is what led me here to you baby "That same hope is what falling in love with you has offered me and i want it forever.The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for failure in relationship,I am going to love and trust you with everything in me.But to love ,you must have plenty of courage cause courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount,without courage, love and life bears no fruit.Baby i want you to know that One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot love,be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest with consistency.With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to love and be loved back, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of a dream life.All serious relationship starts from courage.Baby i want to love you so much and i want you forever.I want forever with you and whatever you think.I want you to know that i mean everything i tell you and i want this to work.I know this relationship will work.I have the believe.Things will only get better when we are together.last night in our chat,i was talking about the leave as the only way we can get to meet soon,i told you if things go on well with us then we can plan a way to meet by requesting for a leave but we both have to trust each other before we can make a leave request,as my leave bonus will be paid to you as my woman,now you should understand what i meant when i was talking about trust,for any relationship to work,trust and honest is the most important thing.I want to be close to you,i want to be more than a friend to you,i want to be your man and i am willing to put everything into this,i hope you want the same me as me too
I have to go for training now and will be back online in the evening to speak to you

I will be thinking about you,have a good day

Love Always

Sam
#74413 by jolly_roger Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:48 am
Sorry to read your story. If you could post an email header too, if possible? They usually show the origin of the message. The other members have summed the situation up quite well.
#74414 by how could i!! Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:25 am
Think this is the email header asked for............................................................................. From Samuel Cindrich Mon Aug 15 10:58:21 2011
X-Apparently- via 77.238.189.148; Mon, 15 Aug 2011 02:58:36 -0700
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 98.138.91.39
Received-SPF: none (domain of yahoo.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-YMailISG: iUbvtJIWLDtzINZiN5UyLb_YeP_3GbvPFhROLzlLqLsCVH3h
XfQwYoMw.ZoObTzStnKD_r6o.EgzefWDo3JWJFbL0vAdFBelHcu6DLr9zElk
uU7SpWxvO0P6SuWomdNRC4N9yYyRiKavIxz81HI24L3N_EqtleaKqsxpz1DQ
zRQe1DvWSmCXb.GT1uwnW5I3Puk08tc9CyhzrK5NL8HJs2kTEjHClUPKBUa_
PwB7y2KBsv2XBP8lTmfQb0qoQZ_vnlDhMtQJYnNihNeqvX.QogFkzVawnduF
njNGjq.CcWUtQZIcJtvOB1zB51s88hl_ynF4waKSLW6oUhg.QR0pdQjJex5_
zX2sDvcxQpiO8pybd3LlpynMuDWJwUWtv215SgYFynfrkr20WIP8aCSsa45l
CIBDQW1l6dzxCYRfzQ94iD5eX.qiDDoOxbNLDL9DIVnO3F2U5ilVa.HRqSPo
eScLUGjhKOdNY6TwpKgnYCSDeEqZMAPhpuphebQB4ax3ZCBXHk.VRqEPTxG9
yrb4oj3qI2ManJenFNNkKPY9Gu3cBGu5R3JGvFHEGzthpmlz4KN3pFR754lF
3al3oT.wpANa5.mviKxPlyAKsxCJsSyO0p6mVu9Ds3Sw2lXHTfd2xLjG7uHA
bqBlXy7FNLTcQ3lB8hMSgelMHHP56_MkPYfUnneLGZZ6bH0_v421TTQist6W
tyc4YNHQWyWnD.w8S9YFymCRAslEaBQwv_O_.jFWEBtX9wRm6dtCc4EVXZZa
JMExO6Rrd.J4IZDN8s3Qy6fZ9o1Vk1Z2U0tTG4xlCTHRpb0xc0XdbJjq8kEq
lBoTKpCz7ionEzEQpfFFGD8gTZkzYHnL00tr5feLYfisnkaxP_ZBCHYrW.x1
W7GiRBERiEQFJnPEap.V0hHOVe6h7MbTy1Gnh6X2xe7pbQrci6NTEzi8dN8O
NaN9av4v3UhHf6c18yGayrvudJwY3Wy9vBuZgy449mAT38gkQssHmRQabAFm
HKacCTWijPLCPbo8ztCxcmta_odIiyAdXVQ3uNDOPJfT6Ju1UUyMPqJg2oDv
Ngf_wAkV1lgbY9aL7n3crkLlhU57zbStxgikCXeAtvw99X1AunYZlf8fsQpf
kawW8XKgwZ4X0F9KD4PF57aPMWeUWS_uX03kQcaG7zy42ZlQ7.K6UD4ROW1a
WZb_GeFZk2YbYw--
X-Originating-IP: [98.138.91.39]
Authentication-Results: mta1032.mail.sk1.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoo.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO nm2-vm0.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com) (98.138.91.39)
by mta1032.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 15 Aug 2011 02:58:35 -0700
Received: from [98.138.90.54] by nm2.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 15 Aug 2011 09:58:21 -0000
Received: from [98.138.89.199] by tm7.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 15 Aug 2011 09:58:21 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1057.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 15 Aug 2011 09:58:21 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 35434 invoked by uid 60001); 15 Aug 2011 09:58:21 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1313402301; bh=N1Ml/DyVQGpi6rRLKxMLW+wa4VaqxT7zPNgHCy3MNSo=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=qLxSG2i7C+JqkrPBico779TkZbRDob1o+HZe5OaEtO4qzMY3jiAdHYfQHAjkhC4sLWVUODljCtdkAhNCvMST7GukuhYzoYl7MKlPFi5orHUwZzZCvta46IofYDL3Lbq2pDGbEwQG19czHzWltnwNpe0obsh80f9am3A+xV1Vcf8=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b=HKdlrcdow9ai3s/UQkhmBna98XkeqfPa6gK7NL2zS/phC4TUPprwCrQG8m7qbKAbHBH5LykQhSb52FNl6yrCZtcypoDtxIKa/k5jqFyoTrXucKvWPovF7uzxLSDHOV1S+SoBCUfsy88iNlRKwS7pzBgkcik+CYq3CvIaOHiENq0=;
X-YMail-OSG: fnRXF1cVM1n0Plbn2q33yOYumDO4PZkLaK9DynD8XnQ5NpP
gwgkTXOt2vRiRS_3.eiDuVYVdWe7ntPTEmapagkyuoPgrH4ymH1C9GJMGzwn
udewEmENexxwm4NkjXSbfD6G7Iwh6Y4m1gJebSPqdRZtEzm7Bg9Q4nzo7Fa2
IkUwL00FEPOv5IuOhSs_BvaGTZzgc4aA68kun_dDklAlXpjqyzR2qQ9IYURN
f8CiZF.krXTwRuU4R1JCLWvaI_H5pbWIAuAAP2AHL_WkJd1.DtFQI83Gzoms
w8uB9eC9C2j6PVeNwij0w3C.OPkUe8jJyS8KLfckXhhfyJ9qJoDapklSpJS_
_i_SIefDJ886brPwC6ZEsKzv4BpV42g1GEXnSjsvVcul8JOZCqPsrBL87g1H
psAbo5x6IUQ_JvH6PYHUhaL2cSNsUFJHZN8h5CNuaxE1ZMDU1KbaxI_59nY1
6bzFQ3snGXgP92uL8wzHD.z17HWhUFECQ3MhSQ6U.3JuWO3..3I4oAaYSu08
9K1REWiqpKsIUqMAM2KKkJA--
Received: from [216.66.9.237] by web120419.mail.ne1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 15 Aug 2011 02:58:21 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.113.313619
References: <[email protected]>,<[email protected]>,<[email protected]>,<[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 02:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
#74900 by angie9003 Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:49 pm
Hi
Thank you for the warning my friends, this guy is still operating on dating sites. He contacted me on Friday 18th of November telling me he wants to get to know me and that I should contact him on his private mail [email protected] to which I got a bounced msg so I too put his name into a search engine and found my way here. He has subsequently cancelled his posting on meetmymatch.com and fish4date.com but im sure he will turn up on other sites to prey on the vulnerable. He is using the name Chris but hes still using the same pictures of himself.

Be aware Ladies

Angie
#74916 by how could i!! Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:15 pm
HE started of as Chris with me, then went to Samuel Christopher so I think its any combination, please be carefully ladies he really has the gift of the gab, but most of his words are taken from web sites about love.
Just put a few sentences in from the lovely emails and see what comes up!!
#76612 by deluded Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:59 am
OMG, i cant believe i've been sucked in too!! He contacted me on 18th November, from maturefreeandsingle.com dating site, within days declaring his love for me and wanting to return to UK asap to meet me, and set up a new life together! At my age thought I would've seen through a scammer, and only realised yesterday when he asked me at 7am for $3000 to help pay for his early LIBERTY PASS to get back here. I fell hook, line and sinker for him and feel absoultely devastated. Have told him I've rumbled him, but he's still maintaining he's the innocent victim and has been hacked. Must go for Eric Smith And Major David Jobe as well then. He spun me the line of his italian parents and baby sister dying in a car crash, being abused by friends who took him in, fostered by south africans and moving over to SA from USA, then joining the US Army after 9/11 - no mention though of what he did between university and age of 35 when he joined up! Can you join the US army that late in life, you certainly can't in the UK. Then I got the story of his wife cheating on him with his best friend, and daughter Honey, who lives in Harrogate, UK. Took me four attempts to get his email address right, bounced three times, but its [email protected], and he uses [email protected] for yahoo messenger which he asks you to use to chat every day. Emails are pages long, and quite romantic, which i have to say for any man i've ever met is totally mind-blowing and sincere, until he asks you for the money. Was supposed to be meeting him from Manchester airport next weekend, but now seems it wont be for another 6 months, as now claims he can't get back without the money, and will be sent on another mission!!! Hook, line and sinker, felt sorry for his hard life, and fell totally in love with him. Will be a very hard act to follow, and even harder to trust someone for a long time :(
#76775 by deluded Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:09 pm
Havent heard from him now in 24hrs, so obviously given up, hopefully. Reported him to our local police force, but they wont do anything until he harasses for money , as i had the good sense to realise when he asked what was going on, mind you, took him 3 weeks to ask, but long enough to suck me in and believe his stories and undying love!! Apparently its rife in the US army out there in Afghanistan, gotta get their kicks somehow I guess, but a mean, heartless way to do it. No doubt he sleeps at night with a huge grin on his face, god, i hope he gets his comeuppance one day, would love to be there to see it happen! Or does he, not sure anymore, the guy in the photo, is it him, or is it being used by some unscrupulous little individual, makes you wonder about everyone now!!
#76787 by Con Warner Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:32 pm
Hi deluded.
Scamming is not rife in the US army in Afghanistan. Like most normal people, soldiers stationed abroad get their kicks in a law abiding way.
The person that tried to scam you isn't in the military and is not the person he claims to be either by name or looks.
Arnold posted a link for you in his post above. Please read it, especially the FAQ part.
It will help you to understand the complexities of this romance scam.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com