If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#10518 by possum Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:35 pm
hi! I had a "lawyer" - stefano campolonghi email me regarding an inheritance from my late possible uncle. I returned the email with my phone number (also available on the internet via my website) for him to contact me regarding this. He phoned (from nigeria) and told me that the uncle died along with wife and children. I asked him to email me his credentials stating I had no such uncle. They were so obviously fake i nearly fell off my chair! He wanted my fax address, home address and copy of my passport or drivers liscence. Watch this one. Was also emailing me from .sify.com - indian website. So english lawyer, phoning from nigeria, emailing from india with a badly headswapped passport asking me to keep emails confidential... hmmmm.
Advertisement

#10519 by Holly Brown Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:24 pm
Hi, possum, and welcome to Scamwarners! :D

It would help alert others to this particular fraud if you posted the emails - including headers, if you know how to find them - and any other information you have on this scammer. Be sure to remove any information that points to you, though.

The email address and portions of the email can be searched on Google or other search engines, and if they're posted here they will show up on those search engines.

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.