If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#82577 by tk1622 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:13 pm
Hello everyone,
Here's the latest scammer I came across: Steven Bruce. I believe from other posts that he also goes by the name Steve Bruce Law Firm. Here is the message I received:
How are you doing today, Thanks for the prompt response to my mail. I
will be buying it from you so please kindly withdraw the advert and i
don't mind giving you $50 in order to delete the advert . Please to be
informed that i will pay you with a certified bank check or cashier
check, that will save me from extra cost and stress and once you have
the check cashed at your bank then i will arrange for the pick up at
your place..I will need the following details to mail the payment as
soon as possible today.

Name to be on the check_________________
Full contact Address(Not P.O.Box)______________
City__________________________________
State_________________________________
Zip Code_______________________________
Cell phone #____________________________

So the payment will send out to you first thing on Monday and i will
get back to you with the tracking number of the payment by FED-EX .
Thanks

Beware of Scam.............

Love how this guy added beware of scam at the end!
Advertisement

#263128 by Ketleym Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:29 am
I just received an email from the same person but this is regarding as me being a nanny. He told me he's currently in the process of moving to New York in the next 2 weeks and is willing to pay be a week up front to confirm me of taking the job I am now scared because i searched his email and this popped up
#263137 by Dotti Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:51 am
Stranger contacts you by email
+ claims to be moving to your area
+ offers you a job without meeting face to face
+ offers payment before arrival =

SCAM

It doesn't matter what the name is, or whether it is listed here This combination is the standard setup for a fake check scam, in which the scammer sends you a fraudulent check or money order for more than he promised, then instructs you to deposit/cash it and send some or all of the money forward via an untraceable means like Western Union.

Weeks later, when the fraud is discovered (a check is NOT truly cleared when the bank allows you to withdraw from it) you will be the one left holding the bag. The bank will take the entire value of the check out of your account. If you don't have enough money in the bank, You will be required to reimburse the bank for the ENTIRE amount, including any money you spent or forwarded on the scammer's behalf, plus you will be responsible for fees for the bad deposit, bounced check fees if the reversal led to insufficient funds, and you may possibly even face criminal charges for fraud. In the meantime the scammer, who is using fake names and stolen photos, will be nowhere to be found (most likely he is not even in the country.)

Just stay clear of this, and you will be fine.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#263138 by HillBilly Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:52 am
hi and welcome, Ketleym. There is nothing to be scared of.. these scammers mass email ten thousand people at times hoping to get a few victims out of that mass. You are nothing more than an email address to him at this point in time. If however you answered the email, now you are a target in addition to the email address. So did you answer the email or just receive it?