If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#91439 by lampbulb Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:57 am
My wife Violet and I Allen Large won $11.3 million in a lottery 6-49 in July and we have decided to donate the sum of $500,000.00 USD to you.
Contact us via our personal email for more details ( [email protected] )
My wife Violet and I Allen Large won $11.3 million in a lottery 6-49 in July and we have decided to donate the sum of $500,000.00 USD to you.
Contact us via our personal email for more details ( [email protected] )"Jones, Randy (DHR)" <[email protected]>
_______________________________________________________________________________________

The above was emailed to me this evening. I opened it because I thought it was from Virginia government, USA.
Advertisement

#91487 by Dotti Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 am
Thank you for posting this scam.

This scammer has taken the name of a real lottery winner (in most states in the US, names and locations are publicly posted) in order to make himself seem more plausible. Unfortunately, sometimes potential victims will look up a name, and when they see the name is real, they will believe the scammer. It simply does not occur to them that the scammer is not really that person.

The Virginia address was most likely hacked or phished, and as you pointed out, it adds legitimacy to the scam.

In the end, of course, this is like any other advance fee scam--the scammer is promising you money he doesn't have in hopes of stealing your money.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#147618 by annad59 Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 pm
I'M ASSUMING THIS IS RELATED......

Greetings to You

I hope this information meet you well as I know you will be curious to know why/how I selected you to receive a cash sum of $500,000 USD, our information below is 100% legitimate, please see the link below: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... 2119137/My wife and I decided to donate the sum of $500,000.00 usd to you as part of our charity project to improve the lot of 10 lucky individuals all over the world from our $11.3 million Jackpot Lottery winning fund. We prayed and searched over the internet for assistance because i saw your profile on Microsoft email owners list and picked you. Violet my wife and i have decided to make sure this is put on the internet for the world to see. my wife has cancer and she died last year July 16 at Colchester regional hospital in Truro, my wife just didn't die but she was a great person and I miss her so much and this is why I have decided to do one thing i promised her forever. as you could see from the webpage above, am not getting any younger and you can imagine having no kids at this age. although we won this lottery funds 2 years ago and we have helped some charity organisations from our winnings.

You see after taken care of the needs of our immediate family members, Before she died we decided to donate the remaining of the $11million to other individuals around the world in need, the local fire department, the red cross, Haiti, hospitals in Truro where violet underwent her cancer treatment, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes and the bulk of the funds deposited with our payout bank of this charity donation. we have kept just 2% of the entire lottery sum to our self for the raining day.

To facilitate the payment process of the funds ($500,000.00 usd) which have been donated solely to you, you are to send us your full names for payment, your contact address and your personal telephone number, so that i can forward your payment information to you immediately. I am hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there in your country. please have to do you part to also alleviate the level of poverty in your region, help as many you can help once you have this money in your personal account because that is the only objective of donating this money to you in the first place. I like to re-assure you of the legitimacy of this services as we will not be involved in any fraudulent act and will never be, we only want to feel good by helping people this time of the year, this is the only thing that makes my wife happy too even now that she is not here with me anymore, we have too much to give away as I only have few years left on earth. I will advise as you as the prospective lucky winners to be calm not to loose this great opportunity which millions of people are trying to entangled but the chances just couldn't come for them because a lot of people are out there to discourage them as they don't know how it works, and have never seen such before.

Thank you for accepting our offer, we are indeed grateful. God bless you Allen and Violet Large.

From: DeAnna Robinson-Miller <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:18:39 AM Subject: $500K

More Info, Please.
#147619 by jolly_roger Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:16 pm
Yes annad59. Certainly sounds like it's connected. Do yourself a huge favour and simply ignore the silly tosspot. Be wary of further scammers making contact within the next few days or couple of weeks because now they have your email address, they may or may not try again. Unclear if that is your email address at the base of your post? If so, would be an idea for you to remove for safety.
#152850 by lindasteel Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:48 pm
I noticed the emails that had been sent by this Allen and Violet Large. They said that they were sharing their lottery win. I have just received the exact same email and it's nearly 12 months later!
There are many scams like this coming out of Africa, and looking over the longer email posted, it is obvious that English is not his 1st language. He tries to use phrases that are English, but gets the words the wrong way round.
Who can you report this to? Does anyone know?
This is my first post, I just came across the site while looking for more info on this Allen Large fella.
#152855 by vonpaso xlura Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 am
There really are Allen and Violet Large, and they really did win a lottery and give huge sums of money. They have finished giving it. Any time you see a message saying that Allen and Violet Large are giving you money, it's a scam.

There's no need to report it, unless you bait them and find out their bank accounts or paid domains. The scammers are in foreign countries with corrupt polices, and you shouldn't report their free email addresses, as they immediately create new ones and we lose track of them. Just post the scripts here, with headers (or at least the email addresses), so that other recipients can find them.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10