If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#1988 by Jackie Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:38 am
Hi,

New way of tempting people into releasing their personal accounts and skimming away their money.

Firstly this idiot does not know the person name which he claimed he had business with. Secondly would anyone be so kind to give away 1 million to an unknown person. 3rdly this person claimed the business was done in Nigeria and later Brazil and now he's in UK doing investment projects. WHAT RUBBISH HE IS WRITING.

Please take a look and note below from the sender . Another SCAMMER on the loose..............

Fri, 31 Aug 2007 05:39:42 -0700
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 200.254.87.131
X-Originating-IP: [200.254.87.131]
Return-Path: <inforequired>
Authentication-Results: mta154.mail.re3.yahoo.com from=emsergipe.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 200.254.87.131 (HELO emsergipe.com) (200.254.87.131) by mta154.mail.re3.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 31 Aug 2007 05:39:42 -0700
Received: Emsergipe.com; Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:39:13 -0300
From: "Dr Johnson Campbell" <inforequired> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Reply-to: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Compliment of the day to you.
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:39:13 -0300
Mime-Version: 1.0
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_VfSobyraEDyoqqznHTUPtd4XcWTm5M7K"
Content-Length: 5660
Email:[email protected]
Dear Friend.

Compliment of the day to you.

How are you doing. Hope you have not forgotten me, I am Dr.Johnson Campbell,the man from Nigeria who contacted you some time ago to assist me secure the release of some money accrued from the over invoicing of a contract/inheritance that was awarded by my government some time ago during the military regime.

Though you were not able to assist me conclude the transaction, I'm happy to inform you about my success in getting those funds transfered under the assistance and cooperation of a new partner from Brazil. Presently I'm in London-United Kingdom for investment projects with my own share of the total sum.

meanwhile, i didn't forget your past efforts and attempts to assist me in transferring those funds, I made sure you are not left out the benefit of the transaction hence I kept aside for you sum of One million United States Dollars.($1,000,000.00)Draft.

I and my new partner agreed to compensate you with that amount for all
your past efforts and attempts to assist me in this matter.

I appreciated your efforts at that time very much,so feel free and get in touch with my secretary Mr. JAMES BROWN and instruct him on how to send the Bank draft to you.
Please do let me know immediately you receive the Draft so that we can share the joy together after all the sufferness at that time and also forward your complete details like your:

1) Your full name.
2) Phone, fax and mobile #.
3) Residential address
4) Company name, Office position and Company address.
5) Profession, Age and marital status.
6) Working I'd / Int'l passport.

In the moment, I'm very busy here because of the investment projects which me and my partner are having at hand,finally,remember that i had left instruction to my secretary so as soon as you contact him, he will send the Draft to you,so feel free to get in touch with MY SECRETARY NOW.

Below is the contact of my secretary:

MR. JAMES BROWN
E-mail: [email protected]

With Best Regards,
Dr.Johnson Campbell.
Delete Reply Forward Not Spam Move...
Previous | Next | Back to Messages
Advertisement

#2039 by SlayerFaith Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:52 am
Compliment of the day to you.

ANY email coming from someone you don't know that starts this way is a scam.
Hope you have not forgotten me, I am Dr.Johnson Campbell,the man from Nigeria who contacted you some time ago to assist me secure the release of some money accrued from the over invoicing of a contract/inheritance that was awarded by my government some time ago during the military regime.

meanwhile, i didn't forget your past efforts and attempts to assist me in transferring those funds

This is known in the scam fighting community as an ASEM (accidentally sent e-mail). He's trolling for people who have either already fallen victim to a scam and lost money, or see the letter as an easy way to get a free pile of money. This is a very common scam.
1) Your full name.
2) Phone, fax and mobile #.
3) Residential address
4) Company name, Office position and Company address.
5) Profession, Age and marital status.
6) Working I'd / Int'l passport.

Yep, y'all were partners, worked and "sufferness" together, and he still doesn't know your name :lol:

Good catch, Jackie! :D