If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#15839 by zosha7 Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:28 am
Please all of our brave soldiers out there, be careful of scammers. My son has been scammed by a girl and this type of girl he would of never picked but only as a friend. She knows her way around internet. She used another girls picture and befriended him in his hour of loneliness and despair being overseas. He has now disowned his family. My son that I know would of never done this. Her family even said she has had 14 different accounts and has done this for years. Her family said that she needs help. They have apologized for her actions. But in the meantime we were a close family and now he has left. Please be careful soldiers. The army said it happens a lot. Please be careful.
Advertisement

#15841 by Arnold Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:19 pm
Hi and welcome to Scamwarners. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened.
We're used to hearing about romance scammers, but they are males operating out of West Africa, Russia, etc. They are only in it for the money, but they cause emotional damage as a result. Illegal, but the criminals are beyond the reach of the victim's police force.
This seems to be the other way round. The person doing this is in the U?S and is known, but the fact that the military or police can't stop her suggests to me that she isn't actually breaking any law. Or that no victim is willing to make a complaint. This is something that I at least haven't come across before, and I don't have any suggestions to make. Other Scamwarners "staff" may have though.
Normally, I'd ask you to quote details of the person involved, but it doesn't seem a good idea in this case.