If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
Advertisement

#104249 by Blank Thu May 24, 2012 6:33 pm
She didn't threaten me. I never gave her the chance. I just deleted her without replying, so I'm not sure what she plans to do with the skype session she has of me. That terrifies me.

If she had the chance to blackmail me, my coming forward would have probably been of more help. Sorry guys :(
#104250 by Piyo Thu May 24, 2012 6:39 pm
@Blank Please don't feel bad. The fact you have had the courage to come forward and prove you have been targeted is a big help and is very much appreciated.
We will have strength in numbers
#104251 by QQQueenie Thu May 24, 2012 6:42 pm
@blank - if you do not have the threat or ultimatums. You seem to have done the modeling, where was this done? FB Skype? or Skype? If you can please post and blank out your information during the skype session, that would be sufficient evidence currently.

We just need to make sure on our side to be able to trust you.

I hold a lot of confidential information and I need to be able to verify that your story is legitimate. Please cooperate. I am only here to try to help you, but I need you to help me verify you as a victim.
#104253 by Blank Thu May 24, 2012 6:48 pm
The modeling session was via normal skype, but it was done through my iPod touch. I don't have a computer at the moment.
Since I deleted her off skype too, I can't find our previous message session. Do messages from other users disappear if you delete them from your friends? I don't use skype at all, so I don't know how to find things on it.
#104254 by QQQueenie Thu May 24, 2012 6:54 pm
if you log into skype on your computer, and say you add the application (its free) and it will prompt to ask if you have a current skype account, enter in that account, and there should be a log of messages and etc :)

Sorry to make you go through all of this, but I am trying to protect people. I hope you understand.
#104255 by Piyo Thu May 24, 2012 6:58 pm
I can answer this one! I had the same problem because I blocked AND deleted her so i thought the messages were lost forever. (I don't know if it's the same on a phone but this is how I did it on my laptop)
Open up skype
On the top row tool bar (where it says contacts, conversation, call, view etcetera)
Click on the tab called "View"
In there will be an option called recent
This will bring up ALL your chat logs regardless of wether you deleted them or not.
I hope this helps!
#104256 by Blank Thu May 24, 2012 7:06 pm
It says I have no recent conversations. I went to conversations, and the drop down menu won't let me click on 'view old messages'. I assume you have to still be friends with that person to view a previous message session with them.
I tried Piyo's way as well and it's still not letting me see anything. I checked my ipod too, just to make sure, and all of her messages are gone.

I'm sorry to be such a pain in the ass -_-

She said she didn't have a mic, so she typed and had me pose while I was on cam. We never talked about a specific price I was to be given, but she mentioned it would be in the 100s.
I'm so sorry. I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time.
#104258 by Piyo Thu May 24, 2012 7:14 pm
Nonono do what I noted earlier (you may need to use a laptop with skype) and it will be possible.
I managed to get my entire conversation history after deleting and blocking the person
#104259 by QQQueenie Thu May 24, 2012 7:17 pm
@Blank, you are not being a pain, we want to help you, we want to listen and we are replying because we care.

Please use Piyo's direction - you need to log into a desk top or lap top for this request.
#104261 by Blank Thu May 24, 2012 7:20 pm
I'm using my brother's laptop right now, and I still can't see any messages.

This took place last week. Do messages expire after a while?
#104263 by Blank Thu May 24, 2012 7:28 pm
skype support says skype messages are only stored on the device that the messages took place on, so that would explain why I can't get them via the computer, but it doesn't explain why they are also gone from my ipod.
#104264 by Piyo Thu May 24, 2012 7:33 pm
That is so weird... I'll have a look around see if the answer has been posted anywhere before. If it can do it on a laptop I don't see why the same program won't have the same function on a different device...