If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#5667 by ben Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:41 pm
HI ,I HAVE BEEN SCAMED FROM THE UK ,THE SCAMMERS SENDED ME A JOB OFFER WITH SHELL GAS UK AND THEY ASKED ME TO SEND THEM MONEY SO THEY CAN REGISTER ME IN THE BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF ENGINEER AFTER THEY ASKED ME TO SEND THEM MONEY TO PAY SECURITY CLEARENCE , I STILL HABE MANY DOCUMENTS THAT CAN LEAD TO THEM ,JUST RECENTLY THEY STOPED ENSWERING MY PHONE NUMBER BECAUSE I TOLD THEM ,i DID HIRE A PRIVATE DETECTIVE AND THEY GET SCARED BUT I'M SURE THEY STILL LIVE IN LONDON ,I DO NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE HELP

Mod edit: Split from topic in News and Announcements -Jillian
Advertisement

#5668 by Ralph Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:01 am
Hi Ben,

Welcome to Scamwarners

Sorry to hear you have lost money.

Unfortunately there is no chance of you being able to recover any money you have lost and those who say they can will be trying to scam you for more money so the first thing is "DO NOT send money to anybody"

There is a good chance the same scammers will attempt a recovery scam, we have a section on that here that you should take a look at.

The next thing we need to know is who scammed you, if you could start with some email addresses of those who contacted you and if possible also any of the early emails from them, phone numbers are also good and if you know how the header from their emails.

The more you can find, the better chance we have of being able to give you relevant information and the better chance there is of being able to prevent another person from being scammed