If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#112285 by Bongolicious Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:51 am
I have been trying to buy a car. So I look at a local advertising magazine and I find an advert about a car that gets me interested. But there is no contact number except email adress. So I write to enquire and please note I am in Tanzania.Maybe this guys could be genuine ( I pray to Gos that he is because I love the car), but my heart tells me it's too good to be true. I don't think he wants to scam me the whole amount of buying a car but I think he is trying to scam me of my shipping money. I tried to check out the shipping company couldn't find it but ,rather something similar in the U.K. The type of car & price offered, something doesn't feel right. check out the email I got from him;

Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 09:41:20 +0000
To:
Subject: Right hand drive toyota land cruiser prado tx Interior and Exterior Pictures.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting me again.I have Attached to this mail more pictures showing the Interior and exterior of the car.The Car is a right hand drive and has its steering on the right which is suitable for use in your country.

I have decided the Amount to sell the Car is $14,000 Us dollars.I called my Family lawyer and also spoke to my wife about the sale and they have agreed with my decision.
You can get a discount of $ 1000usd on the car since you are purchasing it from outside your country.

You will be the one to pay the Shipping Charges that is the more reason i am reducing the price of the Car.

The shipping cost should be within $ 1000usd to $ 2000usd.

MY PERSONAL GUARANTEE TO YOU:

I AGREE THAT YOU CAN SEND THE TOTAL/COMPLETE MONEY FOR THE CAR AFTER YOU GET IT IN YOUR COUNTRY .

I will as well give you 30,000 miles to test drive it and you can return the Car within 30 days from the first day you receive it in your Country if you don't like it.

Cyprus is an island in Europe and there are ships leaving on daily basis through different shipping company to Asia (Middle East),America,Africa and Europe.

Once you have Paid the Shipping/transportation Charges here, all duties and customs charges will be done by the shipping company to avoid you of stress and additional charges in your Country.

You will not need to pay any amount in your country for clearance because the shipping companies in Cyprus can do all that for you once they have charged you from here.

The transfer of ownership will be done from here, it takes just 2 hours to sign if from the Foreign affairs in Cyprus.

You have to contact a shipping company,preferable the below shipping company for transportation + delivery charges, here is their contact information.

COMPANY: QUICK LOGISTICS LIMITED

EMAIL: [email protected]

If you are ok with the Price,Kindly contact the shipping company now and let me know what they say and what document they require from my part so that i can provide them and we can confirm a deal together.

Thanks,
SAI R B.
PHONE NUMBER: +35796856181 .
SAIDEL RICHARD BURTON
CIVIL ENGINEER AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR
Advertisement

#126391 by chalenga Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:29 pm
i just saw this email and was duped by the same person Mr. Richard Saidel Burton in buying a car online from Cyprus, below is the initial email he sent similar to what you received.

I wonder how can we get hold of him, or advise the concerned Cypriot Authorities to investigate as i have lost some money too. He has provided me his Passport Copy too, but wondering if that is fake too.

And i think the Shipping Company is fake and the operator is some lady maybe his wife who i spoke too asking for funds to be sent as shipping charges thro' Western Union Money Transfer.

Anyone else has heard from this cheat please keep me posted.

Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:42 PM
Subject: More Pictures and shipping Procedures of the car
Hello ,
Thank you for your response,Attached are more pictures of the car.
After discussing with my Lawyer and my wife,I have decided to sell the car for you, because you we be the one to bear the shipping charges to the shippers,and we are just given you the car at a give away price,so don't ask for more discount.
Only the shipping charges we be paid to the shippers first to make all clearing and pay tax and do all familiarities perfectly.

As i told you the car is in perfect shape and working in good condition,no any accident record,once the car get to you you will surely love it and use it perfectly.

YOU ONLY NEED TO SEND THE COMPLETE MONEY FOR THE CAR WHICH IS AFTER YOU GET THE CAR IN YOUR COUNTRY WHICH IS AFTER THE CLEARANCE FROM THE CUSTOMS AUTHORITY IS DONE AND DELIVERY IS COMPLETED.

Cyprus is an island in Europe that is close to the middle east.There are ships leaving the island on a daily basis.

Once you have done the transportation costs here, all duties and customs charges will be done by the shipping company thereby avoiding you of stress and extra ordinary charges in Your Country.

You will not need to pay any amount in your country for clearance because the shipping company will do all from here down to your country..

The transfer of ownership will be done from here, it takes just 2 hours to sign if from the Foreign affairs in Cyprus.
2010 Nissan Pathfinder
The car is GCC specs .
Automatic
4X4
The car is GCC specs.
Color White
The car runs on Petrol, its 6 Cylinder and its 7 seats

You have to contact the shipping company for transportation + delivery charges, here is their contact information.
Company Name : Quick Logistics Limited
Web :www.quicklogis.com
Email : [email protected]

The shippers will be the one to handle the shipment processing and clearing down to your doorstep so you don't need to go through any stress.
Kindly contact the shipping company now and also get back to me if you are okay with the final price of the car so that i can confirm a deal with you.

Thanks,
Richard.
Last edited by Bubbles on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
#126439 by Bubbles Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:23 pm
chalenga wrote:I wonder how can we get hold of him, or advise the concerned Cypriot Authorities to investigate as i have lost some money too. He has provided me his Passport Copy too, but wondering if that is fake too.

Scams like this do not have any information in them that will lead to a real person. The scammer is in a different country. The police in your country will not even try to spend resources to try to catch the scammer. You will not find the real scammer. Many have tried to find a scammer and the scammer is still hiding and lying. Chasing after the scammer will be a waste of your time and effort. That is why the police do not go after email scammers. Exposing the scammer is the way to hurt them. Thank you for doing that here.

Regarding the passport, it is NOT the passport of the person running the scam. It may be from a previous victim or they may have picked it up some place on the internet. It is all part of the lies.

chalenga wrote:And i think the Shipping Company is fake and the operator is some lady maybe his wife who i spoke too asking for funds to be sent as shipping charges thro' Western Union Money Transfer.

Anyone else has heard from this cheat please keep me posted.
The shipping company may be real, but they are not involved in the scam. Some times the scammer makes up a shipping company and starts a website to back up their lies. We will check that.

One key that this is a scam is the request to send funds through Western Union. Scammers use money transfer services because once they pick up the money, it is untraceable. A real shipping company will not require money be sent by Western Union or any other money transfer service.

Thank you for positng this information up for others to find.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#126442 by Mike Wilson Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:14 am
The website www.quicklogis.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#172023 by irony Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:32 pm
Hello guys,

Here is our hero again, and I really want to thank you guys because you helped me to discover the truth of this man before happening anything.

RE: All Pictures of the car and steps to ship it to your country ..
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:40:38 PM
To:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me again. I have Attached to this mail more pictures showing the Interior and exterior of the car.

I have decided the Amount to sell the Car is $ 10,000 Us Dollars. I the called my Family lawyer and also spoke to my wife about the sale and they have agreed with my decision. You will be the one to pay the Shipping Charges that is the more reason i am reducing the price of the Car.

MY PERSONAL GUARANTEE TO YOU:

I AGREE THAT YOU CAN SEND THE TOTAL / COMPLETE MONEY FOR THE CAR AFTER YOU GET IT IN YOUR COUNTRY. I will as well give you 15,000 miles to test drive it and you can return the Car within 30 days from the first day you receive it in your Country if you do not like it .

Cyprus is an island in Europe and there are ships leaving on daily basis through different shipping company to Asia (Middle East), America, Africa and Europe.

Once you have Paid the Shipping / transportation Charges here, all duties and customs charges will be done by the shipping company to avoid you of stress and additional charges in your Country.

You will not need to pay any amount in your country for clearance because the shipping companies in Cyprus can do all that for you once they have charged you from here.

The transfer of ownership will be done from here, it takes just 2 hours to sign if from the Foreign affairs in Cyprus. You have to contact a shipping company, preferably the below shipping company for transportation + delivery charges, here is their contact information.

Courier Company's Identification: FAST MOVERS SHIPPING LIMITED

Courier company's Email: [email protected]-

If you are ok with the Price, Kindly contact the shipping company now and let me know what they say and what document they require from my part so that i can provide them and we can confirm a deal together.

Thanks,
SAI R B.
PHONE NUMBER: +35796697666
#172030 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:38 pm
fastservice.com is a free email domain run by GMX. The writing looks like a German who grew up in Africa. I don't think a Cypriot would write like that.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#172069 by TerranceBoyce Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:05 pm
The websites has now gone, but he's been playing this scam for quite a while.

This is an old script from a few moths back.

Selling My Pathfinder Nissan 2010 (Cyprus)

Posted on: Saturday, 16 March, 2013 07:39
Updated On: Monday, 22 April, 2013 07:26
Expires On: Monday, 24 June, 2013 07:39
Reply to: [email protected]
Hello.

Thanks for your inquiry about the Pathfinder SUV, the Pathfinder jeep is still Available for sale,and it looks just like a brand new one.
The Car is a 2010 LE model and the jeep has only gone 18,079 Miles.

I am located in Cyprus[ Europe] .

I am a Citizen of United States and also an Engineer.I am here in Cyprus for work so i imported the car from America to Cyprus when i arrived here.

The Car is a Gulf Coast Specs[ GCC ] so i am looking to buy a new car which is an European specs that i why i want to sell this one.

The Car has no accident records,i have only used it for 3 months and the exterior and interior of the car is still very clean.

The car is a 4X4 wheel drive. Mileage: 18,079 Body Style: SUV The car is GCC specs . The car runs on Petrol, it has 6 Cylinders and 7 seats. Engine: 4.0L V6 24V MPFI DOHC Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic

There are many shipping companies here in Cyprus that can handle the shipment of the car to you within few days so if you are still interested in buying my car,i can find out the shipping cost for you from here to your country.

I set up the price for $ 15,000 but if you have much interest in it,i can sell it for you at the rate of $ 10,000usd.

Get back to me with your Phone Number[s] so i can give you a Call to seal the deal and let me know if you still have interest in buying my Car so i can send you more pictures of it.

Thanks, SAI R B. +35796697666

The point is that if you're selling a perfect vehicle at a bargain price, the first place you'd try to sell it is locally, unless the last thing you can do is show a buyer what it is you're selling.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#301248 by timbuk Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:43 pm
Guys.. thank you so much for this website... I was just able to confirm my gut-feeling that i was falling into this trap.
What really helped was when i googled the guys phone number +35796697666 and i got directed to this link.

The reason i have created the account and wanted to send more feedback is just to update his new contact information and " logistic companies" website and details.
he now goes by the following:
Robert Harry Henriksen
101 Limassol ave, Limassol, Cyprus
+35796697666
email: [email protected]

He is using what he created to be a logistics company:
Fast Movers Structured Logistics
Name: MELISSA HOLLERS
Address: 16A Demetriou street
Larnaca
Larnaca 6045
Cyprus Euro
email: [email protected]
[email protected]

He has also created this fake tracking system on his website

Company Website: www.fastmoverstructuredlog.com/main
Tracking Number: 1469026743 which i doubt that he will change with every scam.

the communication is very similar to what has been mentioned before i.e i'll give you the discount because you're paying for the freight, you can test drive the car for 1000km before paying the price of the car etc...

Again thanks to you guys and carfax i was saved from paying $1500 of freight for nothing.

I hope that these details now will all be available if googled for. However these guys just keep creating new identities so.....

Best of Luck
#301249 by timbuk Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:46 pm
Also adding more contact info:

LONNA MARTINS
Management
Fast Movers Logs Ltd
+35796216261
#301255 by Mike Wilson Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:52 pm
Hello timbuk,
Thank you for posting the information on this fake shipping company. The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon