If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#114212 by Moxymac Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:46 pm
Please be aware of a Sgt Robert Kelvin - or a person claiming to be him.
I have been talking to him for a few weeks - the ususal - he's in Afghanistan, US Military etc etc - needs money for flights home and wants leave requesting - he even had me "chat" to Gen. Kevin Bergner on Yahoo Messenger - as if !!!! He's very believable but I'm not as stupid as he thinks. The photos used have also been used with the name Sgt Steve Lopez, Sgt Jimmy Lopez amongst others. I have the photos and they match the ones posted on the site for Sgt Lopez. The man pretending to be Sgt Kelvin is most definitely Nigerian as I have spoken to him and so has a friend of mine who is Nigerian himself !! He is a good source of info as well. If anyone wants info or believe he has contacted them I'm happy to do what I can to help. I seem to attract Scammers for some reason and am becoming an expert in flushing them out !! :D

Further information: YAhoo ID - robert.kelvin89 and his Email address - [email protected]

I don't have many Emails as he tends to use Yahoo Messenger mostly., however please find to follow copies of some he has sent.

Am sorry i slept off my angel, i feel like shit right now, i hope you'll forgive me for this.... Cant stop thinking about you and cant stop looking at your picture. Hoping to hear from you soonest

Love is the greatest feeling,
Love is like a play,
Love is what I feel for you,
Each and every day,
Love is like a smile,
Love is like a song,
Love is a great emotion,
That keeps us going strong,
I love you with my heart,
My body and my soul,
I love the way I keep loving,
Like a love I can't control,
So remember when your eyes meet mine,
I love you with all my heart,
And I have poured my entire soul into you,
Right from the very start.

- Meghan - (not sure who Meghan is ?)

The leave request made by you in respect of Staff Sgt Robert Kelvin has been granted, having checked, the leave form ????? be sent to you shortly... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thanks.
Gen. Kevin Bergner

MAKE SURE YOUR MAN FILL THIS WITH CORRECT INFORMATION, AND GET BACK TO US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO AS TO START THE LEAVE PROCESS. HE HAS BEEN GIVEN THE HARD COPY OF THIS FORM,
THANKS.
GENERAL KEVIN BERGNER
Last edited by Moxymac on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#114281 by Bubbles Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:21 pm
Thank you for posting this information. Please post up the email address this scammer was using. Also if you could post up an early email, that helps people who are searching to see if they are being scammed.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#263466 by HillBilly Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:46 pm
Thanks, and welcome Dreams. Is the email address still the same [email protected] ? please post it if its been changed.

#303971 by laurann2237 Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:35 pm
this Tyler Denapoli, has found me on Match.com -- states he is in Syria, from Allen, TX sold his house to go there... has been in the military (army) for 28 yrs but has only been to Irag, Afganistan and now Syria,--- so far wants me to deactivate my match.com and only talk to him -- dont think so, even if is legit. I have 2 photos he sent me if anyone needs? Terrible that is is using being a military person abroad as a cover.
#303973 by Mike Wilson Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:22 pm
Please post the email that describes himself along with the email address and any other contact information that he has given you.

The best thing to do now is to stop all communications with this scammer and do not tell him that you know he is a fake. Just go silent and let him wonder what went wrong.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#304027 by laurann2237 Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:15 am
he sent one email with 2 pictures, and we have IM'd on google+ --- he says he lived in TX - went to a military school in Houston - born aug 29 1962 and graduated in 1978 - has been in army for 28+ years and is looking to retire. sold his home there in tx and will purchase a new home when he retires though not sure where, states he his parents are deceased and he has a teenage son. Why stop talking to him, why not get more info ? catch him, he is claiming to be us military person -- what is his end goal?
Laura
#304035 by Mike Wilson Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:20 am
The person that you are in contact with is a you African male most likely located in Western Africa or Malaysia. Everything that he told you is a lie and part of a standard fake soldier romance scam script with the end goal to steal money from you. You will not get any real information from him and even if you did get his real name and location he would be out of the reach of US authorities.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon