If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#114277 by twylite Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 pm
hello all,

he found me in craiglist..emaild wiht his photos in uniform..
a lot of sincere tlak of his background, and his expecations, then some sweet talk....sounded genuine

cut the story short...wanted to peak to him but have to be a member and pay $270 to do it..
so that was out fo the question for me..

didnt hear from him for a while, then he resurfaced 2 days ago..

said was away on mission ..asked that I request for his leave so he can come to see me

gave me email to ask ....

they replied asking me to pay for his trip ( [email protected] )

and send money to an agent in Nigeria!! over $2000

so I emaild Steve and ask him to pay...

was sceptical allt the time

so ladies beware!!

anytime they ask for money..you know!!
Advertisement

#134886 by began steele Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm
Could we have messages and email addresses please , without the bits containing your own details .THANKS

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#138773 by began steele Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:20 am
He has bought Began's Farm now!
http://en.netlog.com/shaunpurple
and pic gives me
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 3&p=262669
[email protected] and many other photos of a romance and fake soldier scammer.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/thomas-purple/6/502/678 Real person
Here is the fake.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tom-purple/48/319/421
And here he is on Scamwarners
[email protected]
viewtopic.php?f=13&p=127909

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#139106 by ratt84 Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:27 pm
Mr. Purple returned from Afghanistan and lives in New York now :lol:

John Purple, [email protected]

CS
john432
just me
I am a: 47 yr-old man seeking women, 37-52
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Religion: Christian/Catholic
Marital Status: Divorced
Has Kids: I have no kids
Wants Kids: Someday
Education: Bachelors Degree
my job is very consuming,it is all about dedication and discipline

About me:
I am a person looking for love, I am sincere, honest, loving, passionate, home, happy but would not want a person who only seek adventure or play around with the sentiments, I seek a serious friendship and relationship if one is good, I am very hardworking and independent, I like quiet time my partner and have activities together and forge a future together. like a woman who appreciates a good man, sincere and hones, no games and take relationship seriously,

I’m looking for:
i want a hard working and straight forward woman,a woman that i would be able to make my companion for life,a woman his also down to earth,must be able to tell me my mistakes and help me correct them,who will be my Queen

Hello xxx, i have not been able to check my mail due to work load here.Can
you get a yahoo mail or hot mail so we can chat on messenger?Hope to hear
from you soon.

X-Originating-IP: [184.154.251.122]
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012

IP: 184.154.251.122
Hostname: switchus-07.switchkonnect.com
Organization: SingleHop
Type: Corporate
State/Region: Illinois
City: Chicago
#139242 by began steele Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:52 am
184.154.251.122 is a proxy IP used in scams and has also been used as a spam harvester or dictionary attacker. Anything that uses that one is entirely malicious. It is more often used by a bot.

#159851 by pegula2000 Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:44 pm
This person is at it again, beware he is on Skout as "purple" with the picture in the suite. I've reported him on yahoo messenger as well. He's purpleadams02.
He's calling himself COL Tom Purple.
#159855 by Bubbles Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 am
Welcome to ScamWarners pegula2000 , sadly, reporting him to the email provider does not stop him. It takes a few minutes for him to set up a new email account and continue scamming those he already has on his hooks and to keep going after other.

I do understand what you were trying to do. In our experience, it does not stop the scammer, and when the email address they had been using gets shut down, we lose a "handle" on them until they resurface with the new email address.

If you have questions please feel free to ask them here or send them to me or any other Moderator and we can explain more. Thank you for being a member here and showing that scammers keep popping up, even when their accounts are shut down.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#163818 by cuddlies Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:22 pm
I met Col. Steven Purple on Zoock.
I fell for his sweet talk. I am a single lonely disable woman that hoped to find love but I ended up sitting in an airport waiting for him.
I send him £798. this was my saving and my benefit money. I went without so I could be with him.
He now has a 17 year old Son called Oscar.
#163980 by TerranceBoyce Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 am
Welcome to Scamwarners cuddlies and I regret that you have had to suffer so much to have your hopes shattered so badly. Above even the financial loss, the emotional harm and damage to your own self-worth can be much worse, and having the courage to tell your story is something for which you should be applauded.

Nothing I, or anyone else, can say will take away the anguish and hurt, but the worthless scum who did this to you is someone who would not make your life better and, though he never set out to do anything but deceive you, the greater tragedy would have been if he formed a part of your life. These people really are vermin of the worst sort and the person you imagined does not exist except in your imagination.

Beware, because it's unlikely he'll let go of you easily no matter how little money you may have. He will take anything you have and even persuade you to take out loans if he can.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#281805 by mdsmorris Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 pm
Well everyone I just found this site looking for Steve Purple. So I signed up. Beware it is 2016 and he is still out there. He contacted me through Tinder dating app. Did not let it get far befor I blocked and reported him.