If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#2347 by roona82 Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:02 pm
I had an e-mail from "Microsoft"... They told me I had won some money because my e-mail was something and bla-bla-bla... I knew it wasn't true, but I replied anyway...

So how stupid am I?

I gave them my real name, real phone number and my real adress...

So - what happens next?

I didn't give any of my bank-information or anything like that... Hell, I don't even have any money, maby 50 cents (euro) Ha-ha... Maby I should send them another mail telling how RICH I am... like "Don't even.."

So - am I in trouble??

:oops:
Advertisement

#2348 by Scam Patroller Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:06 pm
There is not a lot they can do with the details you gave them, you are not in any trouble, so just ignore any future emails from them, and if they phone, put the phone down without saying anything, do that each time they call, they will soon get bored and go find someone else to scam.

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it is.

http://www.419eater.com - http://www.aa419.org

#2350 by ChrisSmith Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:53 pm
Hi roona82.

You're not in any real trouble so don't need to worry. The personal details you gave out can probably be picked up elsewhere on the net anyway.
Like Scam Patroller says: just ignore these bums and they'll leave you alone. By replying to them, they'll think they've got a victim and just keep trying to scam you. We don't advise trying to play along with them, as you said - they've got your details.

What I would suggest though, is that you now read up on internet scams. Now that these low-lifes have you email address and know that it's live, there's the very likely possibility that you're going to get hit with a heckuva lot of scam-mail. There are very many formats out there and some are just as convincing (if not moreso) as the one you've replied to.
Educate yourself so that you know what to expect. :wink: