If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#6418 by MLEC Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:34 pm
I was also scammed by this person. He made me feel like he was my soulmate...the love of my life. However, his MO was a bit different...Although I went ahead with things, there was always something inside of me telling me that he was not sincere...I questioned him many times because of inconsistencies. I just kept going. NOW I am getting international phone calls from people???? saying that they are going to turn me in to the authorities for doing things that I am not doing!!!! Anyone getting these too?
Advertisement

#6420 by Ralph Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:40 pm
Hi MLEC

Welcome to Scamwarners.

Sorry to hear that you have been scammed, scammers do this with no remorse, telling more and more lies as the scam goes on.

The phone calls from people pretending to be the police is not uncommon, you could also expect threats to come your way by email, ignore all of this, you have done nothing illegal and have nothing to worry about, the threats they make are just some of the ways that scammers will try to get you back.

If you provided you bank details to them, go to your bank and have the account changed, and ignore all future attempts to contact you, there is little more you can do.

Be aware of recovery scams, we have a section on that here, that is where the same or sometimes a different scammer will contact you, sometimes from official looking email addresses and tell you that they have the criminals in custody and can return your money to you.

I am sorry to say but the money you have sent now is lost and you will not be able to get it back, regardless of what you may be told, the best you can hope for now is to make their scamming more difficult.

The best way to slow them down is by posting on public forums, although it didn't prevent you from being scammed it can prevent many people who are fortunate to try some searches and find proof of the scam on sites like ours, if you have any information on this person that is not posted here could you please provide the details, be sure to remove any of your own personal details, and you may be able to prevent them from scamming somebody else

Read up around our forums which will help to protect you from other scams in the future and please ask if you have any questions