If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#120353 by MMH Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:26 am
skype scam - I recently was contacted by mg John Campbell which all started off innocent....then declarations of feelings started to be discussed, lots of discussions, then the request to help him relieve a consignment box from [email protected]. First step is 1500 usd for the transfer go ownership, then came the request for 3000.00 usd for rental fees..all to be paid by money gram to ambassador ken Kandas secretary Ujiri Ogenefego...when questioned...documents were produced and sent...then came the final request for 7500.00 usd for payment if inner national monetary funds documents to protect all parties from investigation of money laundering. All the while the general was thankful...further investigation and I found where the major generals picture was already being used in a scam...so further questioning before payments would sent did not reveal any information. Here are a few of the emails sent.

A word of warning...the use of the American language I'd wrong...future and present tense are utilized inappropritaly....although he knew of bombing that had gone off in Afghanastan and the killing of us military in helicopter crash..very convincing at times

Dear Beneficiary
      Hope that you are doing fine?if yes splendid.. well with an email we receive from Major General John Campbell
 that you will be his beneficiary for the release of his consignment box that has being in the
Kofi Anna peacekeeping warehouse that want to be used for other much purpose and it affect all consignment box owner to clear their
consignment box with immediate effect and after hearing from him that you are his beneficiary we will have no cause of delay
than to make you know that we will work with you.
Check the attach you will seen a clearance form we send you,fill it and send it back to us.
But if you can't fill it,write us all the detail inside the form and send it to us.
Regards
Ambassador Ken Kanda

Dear Ambassador Ken Kanda
I got your messages and the amount you requested for was on a High side ,I am writing you in respect of my beneficiary __________. she can only afford 1000 for the box to be taken to her ,,please attend to my request and see what you can do to help me.
       Best regards..
Gen John Campbell.

He 1000.00 I threw out there knowing it would come back accepted...

Dear Beneficiary,
                  There is nothing we can do about it my dear,the only way i can help is for you to pay it twice
because this document is very importance and expensive.
We have even assign a Diplomat that is ready to deliver to you,so please try your best and send it soon.
We have to clear the warehouse by next week.
Regards
Ambassador Ken Kanda

<[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Beneficiary
  We have receive the money you send for the Demurrage and ready to deliver to you.
As you know we have to go according to the rules guiding an International
system of diplomatic delivery because we do not want a situation where by
your government will accuse us or you for any act of money laundry.
So we need to acquire International monetary funds document that will cover the funds.
The IMF document will cost 7500 usd Dollar.
I want the money to be send as soon possible,to my secretary.
Regards
Ambassador Ken Kanda

The following are the names, Skype and yahoo messenger,email and phone numbers

Ujiri Oghenefego - the secretary
Johncampbell216 Skype name
Gen. John. Campbell skype name
[email protected]
[email protected] Accra Ghana
Mjgenjohncampbell : yahoo messenger name

Picture used is similar to what's on Internet but altered with American flag and blue curtain...

Phone numbers: 233540830475

I have the documents and pictures that I am not sure how to post.
Last edited by Bubbles on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
Advertisement

#124087 by Dotti Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:33 pm
I have no doubt that all 3 publicly viewable facebook profiles in that name are fake. There are actually several reasons for that, one of which is that real soldiers do not typically include their rank in their names on social networking sites, etc. Ranks change throughout a soldier's career.

The real John Campbell is married with 2 children.
http://www.isaf.nato.int/en/about-isaf/leadership/major-general-john-f.-campbell.html

And, speaking of rank changes, John Campbell's changed a year ago. He is currently a Lieutenant General, not a Major General.
http://www.t3ac.army.mil/about/Pages/LTGCampbell.aspx

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#210659 by Oana Anghel Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:31 am
The same happened to me as well. He told me that he is on the war field in Afghanistan and that he needs me to send some money to his son Dickson, 45 euro. I looked over the internet and I found the real General John Campbell and when I asked about it he became very nervous. I asked things I found out on his facebook account of which we wasn't aware at least.Busted!
#215894 by kruimel010 Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:39 am
vonpaso xlura wrote:Has the scammer changed his email address? Could you post the email?

I have for you 2 adresses : [email protected]

And : [email protected]

Hoopfully i can help
Esther v/d boogert the Neterlands
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed space in gmail address.