If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#122528 by ericssond92 Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:40 am
I met a guy by the name of Chris Aaron Anderson on a site called netlog. he sent really nice photos, but to be honest nothing rang true. from the time he sent me a mail saying that he was coming to SA. He sent me a on line booking for a flight but could never send me proof of payment, then his father was needing a heart transplant, but the heart was gong to be coming from a heart bank instead of someone dying. Then he was robbed and couldn't pay for the funeral. the state will do a paupers burial if requested, he had said he had a business and he was living on the streets after the robbery, but he had said that his business had offices and a secretary. I suggested he go stay there in the mean time. even when he asked for money for the heart transplant ( I suggested he cancel his ticket to give him extra cash). luckily I don't have spare cash at the moment otherwise I would have been caught. but they also not the brightest candle burning or the sharpest knives in the drawer.
There were a lot of inconsistencies in his story and even though I will never know for sure if he was scamming me or trying at least, I'm a tad cynical and would rather err on the side of caution than be caught. Besides even though I'm aware that people will assume the worst when they don't know and might have given the guy a hard time, I still want other people to know in case. He uses the numbers: +447024031315 and +447024058079 his e-mail is: [email protected] and [email protected].
Im not sure how to upload photos that he used but if admin wants
to contact me they can. I can give any other info they need as well
Advertisement

#122537 by Dotti Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:10 am
What you are describing is a definite romance scam, no doubt about it. The storyline is textbook, and the redirect phone number typical of a scammer pretending to be in UK.

Possibly even more important is the fact that there is no such thing as a "heart bank." While your average citizen might not understand how heart transplants work, anyone who has a family member in imminent need of a heart transplant would certainly know that.

Scammers use the same scripts again and again, even after they have changed fake names and details, so if you can post the first few emails he sent you, and the ones asking for money, that information could definitely help others to avoid being scammed. There is information on how to post pictures in my signature line.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#159544 by sallyjane Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:05 pm
Hi,
i would like to assure ericsonn.(sorry i mite be spelling your name incorrectly)that Chris Aaron Anderson is definitely a scammer.i was chatting with him for 7months..and like she said,there were many discrepancies.i cpnfronted him on several occassions,but he always managed to get himself out of an argument.we spoke on the phone almost every night.it was during the same period that ericsonn chatted to him.the telephone nos and email address were the same.
He was exceptionally charming.the storyline was exactly.the same.i would also love to post his pictures.
I unfortunately came from a broken relationship and was very vulnerable at the time.i was also stupid and sent him R15,000.00 for airfare.i sent him money via Western Union.his address was 20 George street Uk.
Once he received all that money he said he was living on the streets after he was robbed.
He had limited friends-one was callef Reubben.He then spun several stories in order to get more money from.me but when he finally realised that i was not going to send him any,he became abusive by swearing at me and blackmailing me if i did not send him £3000.He has an American n accent,at times it sounded like a he had a French overtone.He became easily irate but was also very charming.I found an email address on his contact list.i spemailef the lady who told me that he was Nigerian residing in UK.I also met him on netlog.I have several photos of him.
#159553 by Clair Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:59 pm
Hi sallyjane, Welcome to Scamwarners, but so sorry to hear that you were the victim of a "romance scam". I really hate this particular kind of scammer. They steal so much more than just your money. Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk in private. If you want, you can send me copies of his emails, particularly the early ones, along with details such as any physical addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, other names, etc. And I'll post them up here to help warn others.
#160754 by Clair Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:25 am
Here are some of the images that this scammer is using.

#168480 by WarnScam Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:26 pm
I have been emailing for over 2 months with Chris Anderson (email: [email protected]) he contacted me via facebook from this account: https://www.facebook.com/Chrix.And?fref=ts
it was very passionate correspondence and many phone calls. He said he is into machinery business. He had to leave for business to Asia. Finally he was traveling to Asia in June. And while he was there he asked me for money and then I found out it may be a scam. It was more happening but as I am concerned for security it will be without details. When he started to push I knew this beautiful romance has one purpose to get money out.
Luckily I have done some research and found your site then found another profile on facebook and approached a lady who was talking to him also. He was contacting many ladies same time. This is another profile he got https://www.facebook.com/acosta.mccallion?fref=ts
When asking him to send me another picture recently he did not sent and I am sure he was using pictures of someone else. Should you require picture he used let me know.
Here are tel. numbers he was using for contacting me.
+447012926648, +447598904330, +60166451803, and he also used this number in US: 01120590529
also skype id: chris.andex I have found also linked in profile which I am not able to verify, but I am suspecting it was created for scam purpose http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/chris-anderson/61/b2b/86b
His story was he is widowed and has 6 years old daughter he is raising her himself after his wife died from liver cancer. He wanted to get married. His age was different according to whom he was talking to (between 40-49). Many letters and poems was sent to me everyday. and the other lady was also receiving them daily
some sample correspondence in forum reminds his way of writing.
Hope this helps others not to get emotionally involved.
I am careful but anyway got involved into this romantic correspondence.
#168501 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 pm
+44-701-... is a redirect number, and +60-... is in Malaysia. The last number is not in the US and doesn't make sense, unless it's the way a number is called from the US, in which case it's in Egypt.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#168535 by WarnScam Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 am
yes correct this number was written as it was called within US so should be proceeded with +1 I suppose
#255366 by ptse Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:41 pm
Hi Smilies,

I wish i had read your post prior to helping this scammer.
I had already sent him the money for multiple times and thinking that he really needed the help. I reported the case to the police yesterday, but its very unlikely for me to get my money back.
Very expensive lesson to be learned.

P

WarnScam wrote:I have been emailing for over 2 months with Chris Anderson (email: [email protected]) he contacted me via facebook from this account: https://www.facebook.com/Chrix.And?fref=ts
it was very passionate correspondence and many phone calls. He said he is into machinery business. He had to leave for business to Asia. Finally he was traveling to Asia in June. And while he was there he asked me for money and then I found out it may be a scam. It was more happening but as I am concerned for security it will be without details. When he started to push I knew this beautiful romance has one purpose to get money out.
Luckily I have done some research and found your site then found another profile on facebook and approached a lady who was talking to him also. He was contacting many ladies same time. This is another profile he got https://www.facebook.com/acosta.mccallion?fref=ts
When asking him to send me another picture recently he did not sent and I am sure he was using pictures of someone else. Should you require picture he used let me know.
Here are tel. numbers he was using for contacting me.
+447012926648, +447598904330, +60166451803, and he also used this number in US: 01120590529
also skype id: chris.andex I have found also linked in profile which I am not able to verify, but I am suspecting it was created for scam purpose http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/chris-anderson/61/b2b/86b
His story was he is widowed and has 6 years old daughter he is raising her himself after his wife died from liver cancer. He wanted to get married. His age was different according to whom he was talking to (between 40-49). Many letters and poems was sent to me everyday. and the other lady was also receiving them daily
some sample correspondence in forum reminds his way of writing.
Hope this helps others not to get emotionally involved.
I am careful but anyway got involved into this romantic correspondence.
#255416 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:59 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

We are sorry you are a victim to this scam.

The post you responded to was from 2013. Can you give us any updated information. Such as name, email address, phone numbers and any of his new email scripts?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#258485 by angryfriend Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:44 am
His name: Chris Anderson
Mobile number: +44 7934 546 908
E-mail: [email protected]

He found my friend through Linkedin in early June 2015, said he's American but lived in Birminghan UK, a CEO at CHRISANDEX.INVT.CO, the company doing import and export a wide variety of used heavy machinery, construction machinery equipment business.

His wife was American, too, but died in ovarian cancer a few years ago. His mother (68yo) and daughter (18yo) who are both in USA. Father was an real estate agent, has passed away, one younger brother was died in traffic accident when he was 23yo.

He sent poems and ring my friend everyday, also chat a lot through Whatsapp about serious relationship and marriage between he and my friend. He is planning a business trip to go to Shanghai in July 2015, would like to meet her by the timem but he'd never mentioned to meet her when she was in UK (from mid to end of June 2015).

Yesterday we found this website, thanks for all the ladies here to reveal his real status. All the photos he sent to my friend actually was another man in USA, probably copied from his Facebook page. My friend has cut off all the communications from him, and decide to post his current information here, hope to help more ladies who just want sincere love.
#263257 by jelly belly Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:48 pm
same story.here. chris Anderson connected.with me thru LinkedIn and later via Wechat. Daily poem was sent to me via email on a daily basis. His story was exactly the same as.what u detail here. For sure he is same person that u met as both email address n phone number are correct.
so happened i read your post here n i blocked all communications with him. i send him my last LinkedIn message asking him to stop playing the game. He deactivated his LinkedIn account now.