If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#132868 by cynicalcysta Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:37 pm
I need to add the following persons & email addresses to the Craigslist scam I reported in my previous posting:
SO FAR I HAVE RECEIVED ONLY FAKE EMAILS FROM SCAM BUYERS FOR MY ITEM:

The following names & email ids appear to be fake: these people are working together:

William Gill williamgill03@gmail .com
[email protected]

Here is the string of email responses I received regarding my item for sale:

From [email protected]:
Do you still have it for sale?

From [email protected], with the previous email above attached to it:

Thanks for the prompt response and i will love to make an instant purchase i will be posting a certified check or money order to cover the cost of the item while you hold on my behalf. Once you have this,my mover will come pickup at you place.I will be needing the following information to issue out the payment . . .

1.Name to be on the check

2.Physical Home address

3.Telephone

4.Your state,city and zip code

** Pls note that the payment for the item will be send to your address asap. I have taken a close look at the advert and am completely satisfied i really need this and will appreciates that you help save this for me till the payment arrives as it will save me some extra cost***

THIS IS A SCAM. DO NOT REPLY TO THESE PEOPLE!
Advertisement

#138405 by tedster1956 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 am
I GOT THE EXACT SAME EMAIL FROM THIS BASTARD. I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I DID MENTION I WANTED PAYPAL OR CASH ONLY SO THANKS AGAIN TO THIS SITE FOR SMOKING OUT A DIRTY RAT. I NEARLY FELL FOR THIS HAD I NOT RUN ACROSS THIS SITE AFTER I GOOGLED THE FIRST OFFER THAT SOUNDED A LITTLE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...
#138407 by Bryon Williams Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:33 am
Hello and welcome tedster1956,

Not to be rude. But, please do not type in all caps. It signals "yelling" and it hurts the eyes on people like me.

Thank you for posting. Please post all the email addresses used to contact you. In most cases the thief / scammer will have two email addresses used. You may have to check the header depending on your mail client.

Bryon

I posted to you on your other post.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#159781 by civic7oy Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:40 pm
I have just had an Email from [email protected] with the below email sent to me

Thanks for getting back to me i have check the listing and am okay with it so I'm satisfied with the Price.i am engineer and due to the nature of my work,i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want this to be a surprise for my friend so i wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him .And i will take care of the Shipment myself because i have a shipping agent that do pick up for me,I will be paying you through PayPal which is a fast, safe and reliable method of payment. .If you don't have a paypal account just log on to www.paypal.com and setup your paypal account, after setting up your paypal account you locate the request money button located at the top of your paypal account home page, use it to request money directly from my paypal account which is [email protected] once I receive your money request from paypal, I will submit payment to you immediately via paypal asap.

Thanks
William

I thought this sounded to good to be true so I Googled his name and it came up with this site and a very similar Email address in [email protected]
#159785 by vonpaso xlura Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:02 pm
That looks like the writing of a West African. He sends a fake PayPal email which claims that PayPal is holding the money until you send the item or send the shipper money, depending on the type of scam. PayPal does no such thing, and you'll have lost money or the item.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#159786 by civic7oy Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:46 pm
I just received another email from a different email address (but probably the same person)

0191011 I saw your adv on Ebay about the car you have for sale, if avail please contact me via email on ([email protected]) Janet.

I have just ignored this
#159858 by vonpaso xlura Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:05 am
From that little, I can't tell if she's a scammer. Send her a reply; if she's an oceanographer on an oil rig or something like that, she probably is. If she's in your state (which you can't tell, because Gmail hides the IP address), maybe she's a real customer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#159873 by civic7oy Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:56 am
The 0191011 that is the top of the message is actually a phone number and has been reported as a Ebay Scam and have checked also on the Email Address and it to Is also coming up as a scammers email so just a heads up to people
#247445 by SharleneGustafson Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:31 pm
This scam is still going on I just listed my cxar with CarSales yesterday then today I recieved a email from [email protected], with a message saying he was a engineer on a ship & wanted to buy the car for his brother in law- that part tipped me off I don't know anyone who likes their brother in law that much so I reported him to PayPal & now on here. So heads up people they are still out there!