If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#2769 by lucky Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:41 am
Hello,
Everyone, I amazed at the lack of concious these scammers have.

Recently I had one contact me on a dating sight, He almost asked me to marry him on the first email..And he wrote how much he loves me BLAH, BlAH..So I decided to play a long and mirror his emails and IMs.

He even asked me questiones that would appear to come from a pre-marriage manual to make sure that we were right for each other..because he had married again after his wife passed and she supposedly cheated on him..

I have never had anyone use the word love so much in my life...

He kept pressing for my address which I did not give and pressing me to call him on his international phone which I did not do. kept promising me that he had a surprise for me...

What is realy sad is that this scammer is using some mans photo with this mans child standing next him in the pictures...he was able to post several claiming he is a widower looking for his soul mate..that he immigrated to america from belgium..allegedly is an international business man gems and diamonds broker from the east coast of the USA and that he is a native american....I asked him what tribe? LOL. of course no response. Clueless in Ghana did not get the question.

He had mentioned to me that this is to good to be true..
I kept asking him questions...

only the benign questions were answered.

At one point stated that I should not tell anyone about us because they would not understand our love.

All the while I was suspscious..

Low and behold he takes a trip to London and then you may have guessed it Ghana..his luggage is lost had to cancel his credit cards and could I pleeeeeeeeeeease send him a laptop for his work and a play station for my soon to be step son..as he is only staying two weeks and
I advised him that by the time anything would arrive he would be home safe and sound.

I asked him for the name of his hotel and room number and that I would call the american embassy and his attorney that he mentioned.
Better yet my cousin a government agent would be glad to help him, and that my cousin was coming over to speak with me about this matter
The next day he thanked me for my concern as he is emailing me from an internet cafe.
I blocked him at that point and now some new unknown inititals are popping up on my IM and I blocked that too.
I reported the incident to the dating site and the IM site.
They emailed me how to block and I do not expect to here from these sites

I wanted to share this info so that it might help someone else.
I

Advertisement

#2770 by Ralph Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:08 am
Hi Lucky and welcome

Would you mind posting the email address of this scammer as well as the first email that you were sent.

Just ensure that your own name has been removed.

By doing this you may be able to prevent others falling victim to this scammer