If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#2799 by meatloaf Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:35 pm
OH DEAR I HAVE BEEN HAD DUH. NOW I AM PREETY SMART AND AM A POWERSELLER ON EBAY . HOWEVER I BUY AND SELL ALL SORTS , I WAS DUPED I SAW A BUY IT NOW FOR A DECENT BIT OF PA EQUIPMENT . CHECKED OUT THE FEEDBACK THEY NEVER HAD ANY . OH WELL I THOUGH NO PROBS . BEEN REGISTERED FOR A YEAR . MM. ANYHOW ALONG COMES THE INVOICE BANK TRANSFER . SO I MAIL THEM SEND ME SOME DETAILS A PHONE NUMBER . GOT A REALLY EVERSO NICE REPLY BANK DETAILS PHONE NUMBERS ETC PERFECT SPELLING VERY POSH DICTION MR AND MRS AND ALL THAT. WENT TO THE BANK ASKED IF IT ALL CHECKS OUT . YES SHE SAYS NAME FITS THE ACCOUNT. GUESS WHAT YEH . BEEN TAKEN FOR 200 QUID NOT AMUSED .ITS NOT THE MONEY I AM JUST MAD I GOT HAD . NO MORE BANK TRANSFERS FOR ME . GOT TURNED OVER A FEW TIMES WITH CRAP ITEMS . COMPLAINED TO PAYPAL AND GUESS WHAT FROM THE 5 TIMES I CLAIMED THEY TURNED DOWN EVERY SINGLE CLAIM I MADE . ONE ITEM I BOUGHT LOOKED WONDERFUL IN THE PICS .WHEN IT TURNED UP IT LOOKED LIKE IT CAME OUT THE TRASH.
ANY HOW AS A FOOTNOTE I LOGGED ON TO THE FEEDBACK FORUM AGAIN WENT A BIT DEEPER . TURNS OUT THAT THIS CRAFTY SCAMMER MADE A DOZEN DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS ON THE SAME DAY REGISTERED ONE FOR SELLING PURCHASED ITEMS FROM HIMSELF AND SCAMMED PEOPLE FROM ALL THE ACCOUNTS I NEVER NOTICED OR BOTHERE TO READ THE FEEDBACK LEFT FOR OTHERS UNDER THAT WAS LOADS A REDS FROM DUPED POOR SOULD LIKE ME . I HAVE LEARNED FROM THIS BE WARNED THEY ARE VERY SMART.
Advertisement

#2800 by Scam Patroller Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:43 pm
Hi Meatloaf,

Sorry to hear you got scammed, mate, whilst 200 guid is a fare old whack, just be thankfull that it wasn't more than that, bearing in mind that the average victim loses between $5000 - $15,000 in 419 advance fee fraud scams, and we have seen individual victims lose amounts going in to the hundreds of thousands of dollars, but it's still a gutter no matter how much or how little someone loses :evil:

Feel free to post the usernames and email addresses of those involved in the scam, Google will cache these pages for other potential victim to find in a search.

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it is.

http://www.419eater.com - http://www.aa419.org

#2803 by sheboppe Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:31 am
Hi Meatloaf,

I am also sorry that you got scammed. Did you report this scammer to eBay?

#2810 by ChrisSmith Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:16 am
Hi Meatloaf.

So because you're a PowerSeller and think you ought to know better, you feel a bit of shame?
How about if you were a ScamWarner from here and you got duped on eBay? Wouldn't you just go stick your head in a bucket of water?

Yup. I got caned on eBay myself a couple of years ago. Some guy was selling PCs from a shop. I checked out his credentials and sent him £300. No PC. Turns out the guy was going bankrupt and was just trying to get a quick buck. I managed to get £30 back out of him and then his shop was boarded up and I couldn't trace him. If I remember rightly, I got a whole poxy £80 out of Paypal.

So you see, nothing to be ashamed at - it happens to loads of people - even those you would least expect it to. With sites like eBay, you're always going to come across the odd conman or scammer. It just means you (and I) are more careful the next time. :wink:

#2812 by Nick Smith Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:57 am
Thanks for having the guts to let us know about it Meatloaf, it will do others the power of good if they search for information on this guy. I'd echo what Scam Patroller says, and encourage you to post his email addresses and usernames on here, a google search will then show other potential victims what he really is.

#2814 by meatloaf Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:56 am
well heres an update after several hours of doing investigations I managed to google a few small adds of various newspapers in and around glasgow. i contacted others and guess what yep I am not alone quite a few have been had.In fact I have received mails back from the auctio winners I contacted one has lost 500 another 375 so a nice days work for this asshole. I phoned ebay again waste of time really they will tell you nothing except we will monitor this but as you paid by transfer you are stuffed . also amazingly they told me they do not consider this fraud but consider it a scam.Also the user is still active duh have I missed something here?. Anyhow I contacted the royal bank of scotland and they have promised to investigate they could see the transactions but are owerless to do anything as its not my account heres the details of the message from them and account details.

William and Jill Law
78 Beech Road,
Bathgate,
West Lothian EH481LX.

Email: [email protected]

Bank: Royal Bank of Scotland,
Account Name: William Law,
Sort Code: 16-34-16,
Account Number: xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, drop me a line when you've paid

THE ebay user id is piskie07 a look at this user will show you that if you look at feedback left for others there is another user called greenpower7 . this is the same user the accounts were manufactured on the same day they had a spate of scamming people under the name of

Paul & Julie Cavendish of CF62 5RZ

Yup I have been conned well and truly however I have learnt from this and will adjust my practices accordingly . Ironically the item I purchased was going to be donated to the outreach ministries to assist with their charity nights. meatloaf

#3025 by afferbecklauder Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:42 am
I had a couple of experiences like that about three years ago. It took forever to get a part payment from Ebay. I set up a couple of bodgie accounts and gave these guys a real hard time.
When you do this you have to sell items to your second fake account and vice versa to keep the feedback positive.
Ebay makes it almost impossible to obtain a claim payment. If more people reacted positively to these scam sellers, Ebay would have to clean up their act.
The dispute process is farcical against a dedicated cheat.

#3027 by sheboppe Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:19 pm
If Paypal is used to pay for goods, the claim process is all one-sided, so it isn't very helpful. Once you enter your side of the story, if new information is obtained, you can't add it to the claim. It is a very frustrating process.