If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#168879 by gr4tchr Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:55 pm
Contacted once again by who I can only imagine is the same person(s):

Hello,
How are you doing today? My name is Patrick williams. I came across your e-mail while surfing online for private lessons for my daughter, Susan. Susan is a 14 years old girl. She is ready to learn. I
would like the lessons to be at your location. Kindly let me know your policy with regard to the fees,cancellations, location and make-up lessons.
Also,get back to me with your area of specialization and any necessary information you think that might help.

The lessons can start by Jun.

Looking forward reading from you.

My best regards,

[email protected] = current scam email address...
Advertisement

#171199 by thanksthanksthanks Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:40 pm
I was contacted recently and became suspicious of how absurd the situation had become, the poor grammar, and the repeated usage of the phrase "What we really want for her is just a general brush-up with her Math/Algebra 1 and in any areas she might have difficulties with." I had some correspondence with them, which I'll post here so that others can avoid the scam, as well! I have removed relevant personal information. (Hopefully!)

Dawn H [email protected]
Hi there,
How are you doing today and I hope you are having a great day?My name
is Dawn and my husband and I are looking to hire a qualified Math
tutor for our daughter over the summer holidays,her name is Tiffanie
and she is 12yrs old.What we want for her is a just a general brush-up
with her Math/Algebra 1 and in any areas she may have difficulties
with.If you are available and qualified,kindly get back to me with
your rates and hopefully an
arrangement can be made then.
Regards,
Dawn.

--------------

Dawn Harris [ [email protected] ]
Hello there *********,
Thanks for your email and I hope you are having a great week?I'm delighted to know you are available to tutor my daughter with her lessons,We live in England(Kent),I'm into Real estate and construction work here,My daughter Tiffanie will be relocating temporarily to my sister's house in ********* less than a week from this date and I'm hoping the lessons can be held privately at my sister's home but if Tiffanie has to meet with you then I guess it's Ok still,My husband and I think your hourly rates are reasonable enough and we are hoping to work out an arrangement here.What we really want for Tiffanie is just general brush-up with her Math/Algebra 1 and in any areas she might have difficulties with and she will be coming along with her study books and materials but you can also go ahead and bring any that you think will be helpful too,I would like the lessons to hold two times a week for 1hr each day of the lessons for a total duration of four weeks in all,how much would that total to ********?Thanks again for your email,do get back to me on this and we can proceed on arrangements then.
Regards,
Dawn.

============

Dawn Harris [ [email protected] ]
Hello again ********,
I'm delighted to know we are in agreement here and I'm happy to know you are able to tutor Tiffanie with her lessons.What we really want for her is just a general brush-up with her Math/Algebra 1 and in any areas she might have difficulties with.Yes she will be coming along with her study books and materials but you can go ahead and bring any that you think will be helpful. I spoke to my husband about your rates and at this point,I'm most delighted to say we have a deal!
I want you to know that my husband and I had initially hired a private tutor for Tiffanie and he was supposed to tutor her for two months which we already paid him upfront for but just before we concluded on lesson days and time,he lost his wife and decided to quit teaching and take proper care of his family but he has long agreed to have my money sent to any alternative teacher who'll be handling Tiffanie with her lessons.Now I could have had my sister receive the funds on my behalf and pay you daily or weekly as the case may be but the thing is,My sister at this time is 5 months pregnant with her first child and I don't think her husband will appreciate me giving her any extra activities if you know what I mean.But what i could do,Is instruct to have the funds issued and sent out to your location but I'll need you to have your costs for Tiffanie's lessons as agreed at ($320) deducted from the funds received which totals $1,650 then have what's left sent out via Money Gram to Tiffanie's travel agent as the funds will be used in securing her flight tickets/BTA and travel documents as this is highly required upon her arrival at the American airport according to the American Immigration rules as applicable to an international student.
If this works with you *******,I'll need you to provide me with your full name as to be written on the payment,your contact address(where the payment will be sent to and your phone number and I'll instruct to have the payment issued and sent out to your location asap.
Truthfully *********,I must say Tiffanie is excited about meeting you as she has been telling her friends over the phone about her new tutor in the states! Ok then have a great one and I'll wait to read from you and i can make relevant arrangements then.Also anytime or day of the week that suits you best for lessons works just fine with us as Tiffanie's schedule for now is fully open.Ok here below is my sister's home address where Tiffanie will be staying:

Regards,
Dawn
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.
#174926 by helen123456 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:37 am
I have been contacted also by "Dawn Harris" using the same email. Only really became suspicious when the money situation got really complex - sending me about $1200 more than I needed and then asking for it back. The wording was identical to the above post.
#177372 by FoxGlove Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:32 pm
I received an almost identical message from 'Graham David'.

He said he was in the states, in Real Estate, had a daughter called Mary who wanted piano lessons. He sent a cheque for £2500, via Egypt with FIVE stamps just hastily pasted on anywhere on the envelope, with no covering letter. He sent a very impatient email wondering why I hadn't banked it (even before I'd seen it).

Huh! What a greasy, slimy character.
#280204 by HillBilly Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:57 am
are the email address(es) still the same? can you confirm the "from" and "To" email address(es) please?

#316861 by math_tutor19 Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:35 pm
I was contacted today by "Dawn Harris", looking for a math tutor for her 11yo Tiffanie in Algebra.other math (almost identical message to above). I started feeling a little off after I happened to take a look at the email address and the grammar issues. Decided a quick email google search was worth it and, well, it was! So thank you guys, I won't waste my time with emailing back. The email showed up on my institute's system as to [email protected] and from [email protected].
#340230 by Lannguyen Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:36 pm
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please help me to confirm if this person is scammer or not.
i knew him from Speaky.com website. he chatted with me on the Skype and Hangout.
His Skype profile is:
Mainz, Frankfurt, Germany. DOB: July, 27 1963
He told that his name is Louis Brice, he is from California, USA, and working in Gulf, Mexico for Parsons Corporation company.
He wanted me to ask for his Leave Permit to come to my country to visit me.
The email sent to [email protected] with content:
" I was directed to contact you by Engr. Louis Brice regarding his Leave Permit so he will be with me.

I will be waiting for your reply and procedures on how to get the permit so it will be issued to him."

And the reply email is:
"PARSONS CORPORATION
1:48 AM (7 hours ago)

to me

100 West Walnut Street
Pasadena, California 91124,
United State.

Good day madam,

RE: APPROVAL OF LEAVE PERMISSION

We received your email regarding your husband Engr. Louis Brice leave permit and we have considered your request in other for the leave permit order to be given to him.

For the leave permit order to be issue to him some charges must be paid so as to process and document the leave permit order.
The charges involved in order to give a leave permit order is $200 and after that we will get in contact with you when the leave permit order is ready.
Moreso, the leave permit will be given to him by one of our trusted staff here and mind you, the payment should be paid to a closer country so that the leave permit will be easier for him to pick it up.

The following details is where the charges can be paid to in order to process the leave permit.
You can pay through western Union, moneygram and Ria to the details below.
Receiver's Name: Newton Ese
Amount: $200
Address: 50 okpe road, sapele, delta state

After payment send the reference number and sender name to us and your husband for proof of payment then the leave permit order will be issued to him.
For more inquires and complains, please, email to the departmental office in charge of leave permission
We will be happy to hear from you soon.
Thank you.

Charles L. Harrington
Managing Director "

Please help me to know if he is scammer or not.
As your kind advice, i don't send money to anyone i chat on the Internet, who i have not met in real yet. So don't worry.
I'm looking forward to your soon reply.
#340243 by Mike Wilson Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:33 pm
Hello,
This is a scam and the person that you are in contact with is from Nigeria, Africa and that is why he wants the money sent to Nigeria.
The best thing to do now is to stop all contact with this scammer without telling him that you know it is a scam. Just go silent and let him wonder what went wrong.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon