If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#149707 by ViTuanPeterPhan Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:07 pm
Hello all.

So I received this email to my gmail account:

Arronte, Carmen <[email protected]>
Feb 7 (2 days ago)
to undisclosed recipients

I have a business transact, if interested reply for more details.

Here I already felt a strange vibe from the contents, but figured "If they've already got my email, then why not see where this is going." I replied with this:

Peter Phan <[email protected]>
Feb 8 (1 day ago)
to Carmen

How odd, there isn't any real reason to have contacted me. However, go on.

Today, a reply finally came:

Mr. Wing Leung Lok <[email protected]>
3:55 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

Complement of the day,

Let me start by introducing myself to you once again,sorry i got your email on my private search and sent you the first email just to check if your email was active because i have no options left as i have been looking for a foreigner as an assistance not nay one from Hong Kong or any one close to me, I am Mr.Leung Wing Lok the credit officer of Hang Seng Bank of (Hong Kong),this is a lucrative business proposal of mutual interest to share with you. In June, 2001, My late client Mr. Hamadi Hashem, an Iraqi Crude oil merchant made a numbered fixed deposit of Nineteen million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars (US$19,500,000.00) only in my branch. Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the war (U.S and Iraqi war), Some years ago (2003). Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later found out that Mr. Hamadi Hashem, and his family had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit his home at Mukaradeeb where his personal oil well was.

After further investigation it was also discovered that Hamadi Hashem did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Nineteen million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration few years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as an assistance so that you will be able to receive his funds for both of us and i shall give all information needed as i have planed the arrangement that's will not lead to no trace as i will advice you follow my instructions with please because this is my root of work i know all implications and also know how to escape its all I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have an attorney that will prepare the necessary document easy legally without tension, all that is required from you is to provide me with your Full Names,Address, age and occupation I will be sure of your location and also know who i am transaction with, all information has to be real We are going adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents in your favor.

There are a reward for this project and it is a task well worth undertaking. There is no risk involved at all in this matter because i am Involve here and i am still on duty, I have evaluated the risks and the only risk I have here is for you refusing to work with me and alerting my bank. I am the only one who knows of this situation, good fortune has blessed you with a name that has planted you into the center of relevance in my life.

Me as the planed master of this deal shall take 70% why 30% for you, I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the consequences, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold.

And finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation and also send you my picture and my work id for full trust ,Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

I googled the name Mr. Wing Leung Lok to see if just the contact name would be enough to find out if these emails were in fact a scam. Long story short, I found this site and instantly had to make an account to post my findings. :D

The part that I found interesting, was the fact that this email was so much longer than the already online versions warning people of Mr. Lok.

All in all, enjoy the text internet.

- PeterPhan.
:beer:
Advertisement

#149708 by began steele Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:20 pm
Thank you VPP. This is a standard 419 fraud letter sent to thousands of people. They may not have your email address to start with and use a bot to send out or work hard doing it by hand . This bot runs a series of email addresses most of which bounce. Some however roost- such as yours and some are ignored. You are now effectively weeded out, or maybe weeded in. :) The scammer can now address you manually and attempt to milk your bank account. The language tells me that the scammer is in Africa. If you have headers it would confirm this.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#150267 by myyrlin Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:12 pm
So I got this as well but went a little farther to see what he would say :laugh-s: as you said he has my email so i just won't give him anything more. btw ***** is not my email but i saw no reason that you guys needed it hope this helps

Mr Leung Wing Lok

11:08 AM (9 hours ago)

to me
I want to let you know of myself once again so that you will be rest assured of whom you are transacting with. I am married with two children Liu my daughter and Lee my son; attach is my family picture now for you to see. My address is #1, Fortune Garden ,20 Wing Ting Road , Ngan Chi Wan, Kln, Hong Kong . I have lived here for the last 17years it is not ideal to have your documents send via mailing you can scan and attached and send via email.

the way I just sent you my own also, Please I also want you to send your picture with your family picture so that we both can be fully trusted in the Blood Just for me to trust you because I don’t want us to talk on phone to avoid trace due to the plan it that’s will never lead to trace as we are going to enjoy in Good faith just for you to follow my instructions planed to execute this transactions
I have really invested much in this transaction so I will please tell you to accept the 30% of the total funds that I have intend to give to you. For your information I will be coming over to your country for my share of the funds, once the funds is credited to your account which you are going to open for both of us at the bank that we will be using for this transaction all this is for trust please do not let me down Please endeavor to keep this transaction as a top secret and be very confidential, Please do not discuss it with anybody not even your family member please because I don’t need problem from your side and do not share your email with anybody, I am saying this because I have a 22year career with my bank (Hang Seng) and I don’t Intend to ruin all that. I really can’t wait till the funds leave my bank because I have not been able to sleep nor eat properly for the past days. Attach to this email is my work ID and my family pictures for your reference with the trust from the bottom of my heart I have opened all up to you which I am not hiding anything now I need your trust from the heart too

Well if I may remind you again, you are required to send at least a copy of your Driver's License "or" a copy of your International Passport. Besides, it is the copy of your Driver's License or International Passport that will be used by the Attorney to have all the necessary documentations perfected, also you will send me your full profile Your occupation, Age, where you work as present your house address and some of your Family picture just for us to trust each other and make me free minded

transacting this transaction deal with you The most important issue is that I want to be sure I am transacting with the correct person, I believe these information would be enough to confirm your interest, I don’t want to miss this chance because if I do the total funds will later be transfer to the bank Treasure as Government funds why few part will be given to the Orphanage home, Please try to understand my Point right here

The first email was with complete information and the source of the fund

I wait to hear back from you

Best Regards,
Mr.Leung Wing Lok

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:49:30 -0500
Subject: Re:
To: [email protected]

so what do i need to do? just let me know so long i as i will not be implicated in any kind of criminal activity. so long as it is not going to get me in trouble i will gladly help you in doing this.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Mr Leung Wing Lok <[email protected]> wrote:

Complement of the day,

Let me start by introducing myself to you once again,sorry i got your email on my private search and sent you the first email just to check if your email was active because i have no options left as i have been looking for a foreigner as an assistance not nay one from Hong Kong or any one close to me, I am Mr.Leung Wing Lok the credit officer of Hang Seng Bank of (Hong Kong),this is a lucrative business proposal of mutual interest to share with you. In June, 2001, My late client Mr. Hamadi Hashem, an Iraqi Crude oil merchant made a numbered fixed deposit of Nineteen million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars (US$19,500,000.00) only in my branch. Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the war (U.S and Iraqi war), Some years ago (2003). Again after
the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later found out that Mr. Hamadi Hashem, and his family had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit his home at Mukaradeeb where his personal oil well was.

After further investigation it was also discovered that Hamadi Hashem did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Nineteen million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration few years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as an assistance so that you will be able to receive his funds for both of us and i shall give all information needed as i have planed the arrangement that's will not lead to no trace as i will advice you follow my instructions with please because this is my root of work i know all implications and also know how to escape its all I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have an attorney that will prepare the necessary document easy legally without tension, all that is required from you is to provide me with your Full Names,Address, age and occupation I will be sure of your location and also know who i am transaction with, all information has to be real We are going adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents in your favor.

There are a reward for this project and it is a task well worth undertaking. There is no risk involved at all in this matter because i am Involve here and i am still on duty, I have evaluated the risks and the only risk I have here is for you refusing to work with me and alerting my bank. I am the only one who knows of this situation, good fortune has blessed you with a name that has planted you into the center of relevance in my life.

Me as the planed master of this deal shall take 70% why 30% for you, I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the consequences, but I know within
me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold.

And finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation and also send you my picture and my work id for full trust ,Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Mr.Leung Wing Lok

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re:
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:27:19 +0000

who is this?

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Wing Lok <[email protected]> wrote:

Pls reply if your email is active

5 attachments — Download all attachments View all images
me & my Family on dinning table.jpg me & my Family on dinning table.jpg
65K View Download
ME AND MY FAMILY (1).jpg ME AND MY FAMILY (1).jpg
142K View Download
ME AND MY WIFE.jpg ME AND MY WIFE.jpg
126K View Download
MY WORK ID.JPG MY WORK ID.JPG
122K View Download
Myself and my family chirstmas.jpg Myself and my family chirstmas.jpg
67K View Download
#150383 by began steele Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:02 pm
Hello myyrlin. The scammer didn't really have your email address. He sent out thousands of emails using invented ones and waited for a response or a delivery failure notice. He waits for these results so you will get more spam and scams because he can also sell his mailing list of working addresses, even if he gets no result from scamming. What you did was "bait" the scammer so please go to www.419eater to learn how to so safely.It wastes scammer time and their fees. We don't encourage this here on SW.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#184125 by devick Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Guys Good news, Scam price is raised to $22.5M amd names are also changed:
Mr. LEUNG Cheung
and Aziz Musa Numan who died during war. So beware of such mails I report it spam and phishing.

Bank is same.
#234670 by Damon Colvin Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:55 pm
Hahaha this guy is so slick. Heres my story. If you read my response youll surely get a kick out of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wing Lok
Hide details
To: <************@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: ok...
Date: Sat 1/17/15 2:02 PM
Complement of the day,

Thank you for your swift response and I must apologize for invading your privacy, I got your email in my private search because I have no other choice than to get assistance. I am Mr.Leung Wing Lok the credit officer of Hang Seng Bank of (Hong Kong),this is a lucrative business proposal of mutual interest to share with you DETAIL OF THE PROPOSAL. In June, 2001, my late client Mr. Hamadi Hashem, an Iraqi Crude oil merchant made a numbered fixed deposit of Forty Eight Million United State Dollars ($48M USD) only in my branch. Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the war (U.S and Iraqi war), some years ago. Again after The war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. With my personal Investigation I found out that Mr. Hamadi Hashem, and his family had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit his home at Mukaradeeb where his personal oil well was. There were no beneficiaries stated concerning these funds which mean no one would ever come to claim it .That is why I ask that we work together, I do solicit for your assistance in effecting this transaction and I intend to give 30% of the total funds as compensation for your assistance

I am quite certain about that you should not have anything to worry about because I will do everything legally required to ensure its goes smoothly and pass through all Laws of International Banking, If you work seriously the entire transaction should be over in a couple of days please also Note that we cannot use your direct Account for this deal and I will want to know precisely know your age and present locations, because this project is highly capital intensive, I mean the fund in questions is a large amount, this is why I have to be very careful and also know who I am transacting with, I need your total devotion and trust to see this through, I know we have not met before but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project with trust, I will be the one to introduce to you a bank that’s will be suitable for this transaction without trace where you can open account in your name only for both of us where the entire funds will be transfer to smoothly without my bank taking any notice of trace, this is the best way I have found protecting us from my bank. I want us to enjoy in peace when we conclude I will please advise you should listen to my instructions and follow them religiously

I shall perfect the documentations with the assistance of my attorney to give the transaction the legal right, this is unlimited percent risk free without trace as you follow my instructions and also show your commitment to make me feel comfortable working with you but Before I commence I would like to know your Interest
I have spent a lot so far till date just to bring this transaction up to this level before requesting your assistance, well if my offer is of no appeal to what you can’t handle with me please delete this message and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you do not approve of my proposal.

Do not betray my confidence. If we can be of one accord, Your Urgent response will be appreciated and i will give details as your reply with a reasonable fact to make me feel comfortable transacting with you

Please reply soonest.
Regards,
Mr.Leung Wing Lok

And heres my response...

damon colvin
Hide details
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: ok...
Date: Sat 1/17/15 4:39 PM
Mr.Leung Wing Lok,
Does it not worry you when you contact random people, and have no idea of who they are? Isnt this a dangerous game you play when you involve this much promised money? Do you not worry about how these people will find you if promises arent kept? Im going to be straight with you Mr. Lok (if that is your name), i may not be the wealthiest man on earth, but im not an imbecile either. I am a man who does his research, and Im not threatening your safety, i am however going to warn you. If you do not leave this game, someone twice as angry and almost as smart as me will put an end to your game for you. I appreciate all the hard work you put into your "copy and paste" story to try to sell me on your elaborate scheme, but unfortunatly for you, its not going to work. Sure, your going to get some other person, maybe a few, a hundred, a thousand even. But you will never get me. You may be thinking "oh big deal, ill just move onto the next guy" but before you stop reading i want you to always remember this... its never going to matter how successful you are at your scam, or how much work you put into your fake stories, because deep down your a failure and you know it. Your never going to have as much money as you claim, your never going to be as successful as your stories portray you, and your never going to fool me. So have fun writing your short novels in your substandard shack while you pound away on your $10 keyboard you got from some random yardsale. How do you like that for a short story? Loser.
Love Damon Colvin
:laugh-s:
Im always the guy who takes it to the extreme when handling pieces of crap like this guy. I was going to string him along, but i thought a swift blow to his ego would have done more damage lol
#255124 by Navi Uzumaki Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:35 am
I just got one of the emails last night, thinking it was someone who messed up the email.. I replied to it.. I haven't replied to anymore.. but I have to ask. If he now has my email.. is my account stuff in jeopardy? Or is it ok? :shock:
#255127 by Tim Atem Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:55 am
Your account will be ok as long as you haven't clicked on a link and entered your email log/in and such things.

Be prepared for more scam emails now that they know your email is a valid address.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#272058 by tomblanco1983 Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:08 pm
I also got a email from.this person and went along with his story, and then went on to see what he was trying to do and once i asked him for more information i was concerned when he had misspelled words as well as the amount that he was saying that didnt make any sense and also knew it was a scam once told to open a over seas bank account onlily in my name and not his. He needs to be arrested for this scamming bs