If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#155464 by Mountainmaiden Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:51 pm
Please read this profile and tell me does this sound like a scammer profile ? Personally I say: yes.
I won't mention this person's name yet untill the board administrators confirm this is factual.
It sound's like the cut and pasted line's these guy's use to lure women. I have no intention of talking with him.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

My self-summary
hi there im a very Optimistic very real loving and affectionate man Eager to be the best of friends with a LTR/ ? i can be fun to be with easy going never gets mad or violent- outdoorsy kind of man i enjoy walks in the woods for several things berries/mushrooms(eatable type)// and love animals/fishing/camping/the gorge/enjoy playing my drums/golfing/ long kisses/going for drives in the country/garage sales /watching movies/syfy/i like bbqing/did i mention fishing(lol)giving back rubs/holding hands/ if i had a special lady id enjoy making her feel loved and respected/ as well as a true partner in my daily life/ i enjoy being a giver/ i really enjoy sharing the kitchen honestly i have alot to offer--thanks for visiting my world care to join ladies . im a very nice loving man. check me out in person.i am a home owner with no baggage/.i have no kids but i like them .Did i mention fishing partner wanted?NO GAME PLAYERS accepting and desires a LTR and homebody seekers--If you are on ssdi maybe we could help each other,Journey and nickelback rock this man
What I’m doing with my life
visiting my hometown Port Angeles.streaching the mighty dollar/improving my pd for home for that special lady always looking for new fun adventures volunteering for a animal shelter but im afraid ill adopt them all and bring them home.So im now volunterrng for a wildlife shelter every Monday
I’m really good at
affection/my drums/spoiling my 4 legged kid scooter(a jack russel)and my cat named Katie im good at using common sence/sharing/laughing/poker/making swedish pancakes/being on time/fishing/was a good hunter/voluntering at the animal shelter/being honest and faithful/making new friends.im good at love making and long for a queen to spoil/im very open and honest which are very important to me/i like trying new things how would i know if i dont try
The first things people usually notice about me
my friendlyness they noticed my willingness to lend a helping hand
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
wildlife books/my favorite movies are Dances with Wolves--Avitar/music 50s 60s 70s journey is my favorite NO RAP--music is always on here and sometimes LOUD
The six things I could never do without
morning coffee/ my sister/my dog/fried chicken with mashed potatoes /gravy if i dont burn it. My home/desire to have a LTR daily kisses and hugs fixing you breakfast in bed
I spend a lot of time thinking about
why am i alone/wondering where you are and i would enjoytalking to you about everything
.all the starving children in the worldisnt there anyone who
could love me for meWhy do the people of Africa keep having
children when they usually starve to death should take the men to a
chopping block.
On a typical Friday night I am
home watching a movie or out having a nice dinner with friends
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
being affectionate/taking riskd in life/ my many skills
I’m looking for
•Girls who like guys
•Ages 53–90
•Near me
•Who are single
•For long-term dating, activity partners, casual sex
You should message me if
your wanting to add a good man to share the rest of your life with/someone to laugh with/or may just need a hug/i have good ears for a reason/ now is not the time to say hello im very available and desire a LTR tired of this dating lifeim so sorry but i was away cause my pc died now im back
Advertisement

#155472 by Mountainmaiden Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:19 pm
I agree the grammer is poor , but the fact this man is 62 , and is talking about sex , is what caught my attention , because it remind's me of the line's that are used by these bogus military people.

I have No intention of talking to this person , but his comment on My profile is what Woke Me Up.
I am the woman of his dream's. And can he come for a visit.

He does mention Africa in his profile. That's odd ?

Thankyou for the quick reply Dotti. I appreciate it.
#155954 by Mountainmaiden Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 pm
Another one hit on me today 3/13 on okcupid , name handle > kolakolakolo , name Gary. (Vancouver BC , Canada)
Claim's he work's for Randstad Canada (gas & oil processing ) Age 51. He said he graduated from Medical School , and earn's $150 to $250,000 yearly.

Wanted my e-mail address right away , I said No.
His style of writing is identical with bad grammer.
He said his 16 year old son lives with his Mum in Fort Wayne Indiana.
I asked what happened to his son's mother and he wouldn't respond.
I asked if he worked on an Oil Rig , and got no reply.

His profile is so simular to all the other guy's posted about on this web site.
#155976 by Dotti Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:45 pm
Can you post the actual text from this other guy's profile?

Obviously many Americans or Canadians make mistakes in English, but Africans often make specific mistakes and use certain phrases that allow us to identify the writers as African. The first profile didn't have many of those indicators, which is why I said it looks more like an American (or Canadian) with poor English. While the first could be a scammer, there are several things in the profile that are inconsistent with scammer (I won't list them here as I don't want to educate scammers, but if you are interested in knowing what I mean, pm me.

On this second profile, the one-child scenario and choice of employers both increase the odds of it being a scammer, and we might be able to see African English there too if you post the text.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#156146 by Mountainmaiden Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:07 am
Hi Dotti , I reported him to okcupid.

This was his private messages to me>

Hi there,
I found your profile captivating and sincere, I have just moved to Burnaby less than a year ago and loving my little spot. Felt that inner peace settling down here. I hope we can be friends and perhaps explore this friendship further. leave me your email so that we'd be able to stay in touch better since I am not sure work allows me to spend much of my time on here.

Gary.

Mar 12, 2013 – 12:38pm
For now you'll have to settle for chatting with me here because I don't give out my e-mail to total strangers.
I'm glad you like my profile Gary. .

Mar 12, 2013 – 12:42pm
Umm well I am here for now and we can chat now.. I asked for your email cuss I don't get on here often.. When did you join this site? Have you meet anyone on here? What is your experience on here?

Mar 12, 2013 – 12:44pm
I am Gary, I live in Halifax str Burnaby, I came here almost a year now for a contract work with Randstad Canada CH2M Hill Report this

Mar 12, 2013 – 12:51pm
No , I haven't met anyone on here. I've been here less then 2 week's.

Sounds like your job keep's you quite busy.

Mar 12, 2013 – 1:03pm
What type work do you do Gary ? How old is your son , and where does he live ? What happened to his mother ? Divorce ? Deceased ? I'm sure he misses being away from you.

Mar 12, 2013 – 1:14pm
I am a Chem Eng, Brian is 16 yrs old, he lives with my mum in Fort Wayne Indiana, I will be looking forward to read more from you and to connect with you outside the site .

Mar 12, 2013 – 1:17pm
For the time being you'll have to settle with contacting me okcupid.

What happened to your son's mother Gary ?

Mar 12, 2013 – 1:22pm
Do you work on an Oil Rig since you do Chem. Eng work ? That would be a really cool job , but very demanding of one's time.

Mar 12, 2013 – 1:26pm
Are you still there Gary ?

Mar 12, 2013 – 1:57pm
Since you didn't respond to my last few questions I guess your no longer interested in talking to me ?

Probably because Your "Not" who you say you are , and your in Nigeria Africa
running a scam to try to bilk me and other women out of money.
The above picture is not of a 51 year old man. More like a young guy in his late 20's early 30's , am I right ?? You guy's think your really slick smoothe fast talkers , Wrong , You've been reported to okcupid as a scammer.
#156547 by Mountainmaiden Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am
A man contacted me from New Delhi India , I got this message from okcupid's staff robot >

: avoid internet scams. Don’t ever transfer funds to someone you met on the Internet. And keep your conversations safely on OkCupid. (Why this warning?)
Lately we’ve gotten a handful of complaints about people pretending to be stranded overseas. These scams are rare. Still, protect yourself.

Keep your conversation on OkCupid.
Don’t give money to people on the internet.
Don’t believe people who claim to be stranded in far off places. If such a person contacts you, click the Flag icon on their profile to report them.
— Staff Robot
#156567 by Dotti Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:05 pm
(Why this warning?)

In reality, it is partly just to keep you logging into the site, but there is also a security aspect.

Scammers try to get you to IM or email as quickly as possible, because they know there is a good chance that a target will report them, and their dating account may be closed.

If you move to email or IM with a scammer, and he is booted off the site for scamming after you have started emailing, he can just keep up the "relationship" with you, and even if you notice his profile is gone, he can tell you he deleted it because he fell in love with you.

If you stay on the site and don't exchange personal email addresses, etc., then when he is kicked off, he automatically loses contact with you and can't continue the scam.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#156576 by Mountainmaiden Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:45 pm
This new guy from India is really pouring on the sweet talk with me. He won't get any information out of me.
He look's like a scammer.
These guy's crawl out from under rock's to hit on women. I'll talk with him , and then if he is a scammer i'll report him immediatly.
2 down , and more to go. I'll help you guy's at scam warner's slow these criminals down. I'll make it my mission now !
#156590 by Mountainmaiden Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 pm
Does this sound like a military profile scammer. Divorced his wife , 1 son. Age 15.
______________________________________________________________________________________

You’re visiting XXXXXXX

His Details Last OnlineToday – 7:12am
EthnicityWhite
Height6? 0? (1.83m).
Body TypeAverage
DietMostly anything
SmokesTrying to quit
DrinksRarely
DrugsNever
ReligionChristianity and somewhat serious about it
SignLeo and it’s fun to think about
EducationWorking on college/university
JobStudent
Income$40,000–$50,000
OffspringHas a kid, but doesn’t want more
PetsHas dogs and has cats
SpeaksEnglish

My self-summary
I am 51 yr old man divorced rasing son 14 year old son going on 15 teen going to school to become a mental health counselor. that spent 33yrs in the army trying enjoy my time with my son and looking for love again What I’m doing with my life
moving on after been divorce for 3 and yrs rasing my son and trying to find love again and going to school to become mental health counselor so I can help veterans. Taking time to find that person that completes me and can be my soulmate. I’m really good at
I think now that I am a good listern and kisser and that i have alot to give and I think that I am also a good cuddler,but also I think that I can be really good at been that person that will be there for the soulmate and person that want to be with. The first things people usually notice about me
I would have to say I think the way that I want to help people out and also listen to them when they have a problem, of how I will give myself to help a person, and how I care for all of gods creatures. Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
lasange,NCIS COUNTRY MUSIC Steak Dancing The six things I could never do without
My son and family,computor, my dog,my cell phone,tv I spend a lot of time thinking about
Think about what it is going to be like when I get all done with school and start doing what I going to school for. Also want to find the person that I can spend the rest of my life with and grow old, and do things with. On a typical Friday night I am
I am trying to spend time, with my son and also doing homework, and spending, time with friends and family. Also been able to take time and look upon what I do have and what I need to do with life to have fun with my life. The most private thing I’m willing to admit
That I am some what emoitional and that I love to tell you how I feel I’m looking for
•Girls who like guys
•Ages 32–57
•Near me
•Who are single
•For new friends, long-term dating, activity partners, casual sex
You should message me if
you should message me if you want know more and if this is some thing want have new friend or more also if you want to have fun with and are really looking for that person that could complete the other half of you