If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#23597 by littlemaiko Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:32 pm
I'm new here, but I'd like to share my story. People in the doll community have heard of it, but I'd like to warn more people just in case.

I am the owner of two ABJD (Asian Ball Jointed Dolls) these dolls range from 140$ to over 3 000$.

My friend wanted to purchase one online and we found a company called Laidoll. They had good prices for "full set" dolls (They come with eyes,make up,clothes and a wig. These dolls are highly customizable).

This here is the thread of the doll forum I am on called Den of Angels: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showt ... p?t=143984

This is what I had written on it:

I don't know if it's too late to post in this topic, i'm sorry if I shouldn't revive dead topics I just wanted to talk about my bad experience/my friend/s with Laidoll.

My friend saw this 200$ full set doll on Laidoll and wanted to buy it. She gathered up her money and gave it to my ex-boyfriend so he would pay via his Paypal. The payment passed and everything seemed ok. Though we paid, we got NO tracking number either.

two weeks later, my friend comes to me telling me that she cannot contact the people from Laidoll and that their website disappeared! Hearing that, I posted a thread on DOA on 04-07-2008 ( http://www.denofangels.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=207045 ) to ask for advice on what I should do. Some members PMed me with contact information and their story about Laidoll.

I never was able to contact anybody, I never ever got a reply from the Laidoll ppl. Being told that it wasn't the first time that the website and the people of Laidoll disappear, my ex-boyfriend opened a dispute. We waited, but no sign of the doll or any contact from the person.

At last resort we upped the dispute into a claim and ultimately won my friend's money back. But NEVER did Laidoll contacted either me or my friend!

I feel very sad for my friend has it was her very first doll and she can't have it because she got scammed.

So I just wanted to post this here on her behalf.

Dolls like these do take 1-2 to 3 - 4 weeks to arrive, but good companies give you a tracking # and they do email you. Laidoll, after receiving my friend's money, stopped all contact, their website disappeared and like I said, my ex had to up the dispute to a claim and we did manage to get her money back, but this is still a scam, isn't it?

If you need more information please ask me, I will be happy to give them out.

It's incredible how many times I've won the lottery in different countries, but never here in Canada XD
Advertisement

#63209 by KATSCORNER Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:19 pm
Hiya littlemaiko,

I am surprised no-one has got back to you by now so thought would try and offer my advice...

Indeed it would appear to be a scam if you were not refunded or contacted and lost money. When you order from a website you take the risk that the company may collapse if this is what has happend. I see from a WhoIs search (http://www.WhoIs.com) that the domain only recently expired. I did notice that the domain was registered in 2008, when you bought the doll kit.

However the domain [LaiDolls.com] was registered for three years, and it would appear that the company has mysteriously disappeared, and disappeared with your money. I noted you finally received a refund which makes me thinks that the firm was unsuccessful. It happens even to big firms.

I hope you found a suitable alternative. I doubt if this is a true scam in that sense of the word, just an unfortunate demise of a business. That said there should have been a tracking number given.

KC