If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#162164 by sabbwon Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:45 pm
I have recieved a letter from alan & violet large saying they are giving me 2m$ yeah right. I checked it anf its true they did give lottery money yrs ago. They dont hqve any now. Ppl are using their names to scam you. This is the new email they sent me. [email protected]
Advertisement

#162168 by vonpaso xlura Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:25 pm
Yes, there are lots of Allen and Violet Large scams going around. Could you post the text of the email?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#162488 by mernone Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:52 pm
The email they are using is [email protected]
Subject: GOOD LUCK FROM ALLEN AND VIOLET LARGE??
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 16:27:31 +0000

Dear Friend,

This is a life time opportunity and 100% legitimate. Violet my wife and I have decided to make sure this is put on the internet for the world to see. My wife has cancer and as you could see from the web page, am not getting any younger and you can imagine having no kids at this age. You see after taken care of the needs of our immediate family members, we decided to donate the remaining of the $11.2 Million CAD to other individuals around the world in need, the local fire department, the Red Cross, Haiti, hospitals in Truro where Violet underwent her cancer treatment, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes and the bulk of the funds deposited with The Co-operative Bank Plc, the payout bank of this charity donation scheme. We have kept just 2% of the entire lottery sum to our self for the raining day. we have trust on you as a good person who will also help other people who needs help, I will not hide anything from you, Violet my wife wanted us to give you $500,000.00 USD but I insisted that we give to you $1,000,000.00 USD.

To facilitate the disbursement process of the funds [ $1,000.000.00 USD ] which have been donated solely to you, please send us your details to us,

FULL NAMES:........
CONTACT ADDRESS:..........
PHONE NUMBER:............
MARITAL STATUS:........

So that we can forward your details over to the payout bank immediately. We are hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there in your country. We will employ you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living of as many people as you can because that is the only objective of donating this money to you in the first place.

For more information visit this site: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... y-win.html

T
#196826 by SlapHappy Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:20 pm
[email protected] [email protected]

77.91.216.216 Gastabudstaden Ab Nyköping Sweden

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mx1.nykoping.se ([77.91.216.216])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id w10si1711329lal.147.2014.04.08.09.23.10
for <multiple recipients>;
Tue, 08 Apr 2014 09:23:41 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of
[email protected] designates 77.91.216.216 as
permitted sender) client-ip=77.91.216.216;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected]
designates 77.91.216.216 as permitted sender)
[email protected]
To: Allebeck Karin <[email protected]>
Subject: SV: GIFT
Thread-Topic: GIFT
Thread-Index: Ac9TRpOW2qtQ/5MFQ7i27a0sq1rTCAAABjAX
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 16:23:07 +0000

Från: Allebeck Karin
Skickat: den 8 april 2014 18:21
Till: Allebeck Karin
Ämne: GIFT

My Wife Violet and I are donating 2Million Dollars to you.Contact us via my wife email at ([email protected])

-2nd one sent same day-

77.91.216.216 Gastabudstaden Ab Nyköping Sweden

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mx1.nykoping.se ([77.91.216.216])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id w4si1698801lad.122.2014.04.08.09.15.10
for <multiple recipients>;
Tue, 08 Apr 2014 09:15:40 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 77.91.216.216 as permitted sender) client-ip=77.91.216.216;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 77.91.216.216 as permitted sender) [email protected]
To: Allebeck Karin <[email protected]>
Subject: SV: Private Offer
Thread-Topic: Private Offer
Thread-Index: Ac9TRYjA5n40LIYER9mBXP/5Xlh9bQAACRTJ
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 16:15:06 +0000

Same email text. Different "Subject:" line.
#197172 by Tinny Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:22 am
Hello all
I am new to the forum but am an academic researching psychology of scams. Just a few words of explanation on scams like this;

They are considered to be very simple and not plausible and are often fishing expeditions by scammers (usually computer generated email addresses too) to compile a real list of people, which they then sell on or use for better scams. If you fall for it, even better for them but each conversation with you cost them their time and effort so they make sure they get people who are likely to get scammed on their lists.

All the information asked is relevant to a scammer. You may think that your bank details are the ones you have to worry about but, for example, it has been found that isolated people tend to be more vulnerable to scams, so your marital status may allow them to group you into high or low possibility of being scammed as well as to identify if you are eligible for dating scams. Also your occupation, this tells them whether to hit you with a scam that is of a financial nature, tailored for pensioners, business people, are you someone who is likely to go for a clairvoyant scams etc... each piece of information tells them something about you they can use.

If you have replied to a scammer, best thing would be to ignore any future unknown emails and even better, get a new email address for your needs (such as banking) so you never get confused as subsequent emails might be better quality and quite convincing.

Hope this explanation helped a little. Feel free to ask any questions too.

Martina
#241344 by lilred6986 Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:58 pm
This is what I just received in my e-mail

Greetings to You

I hope this information meet you well as I know you will be curious to know why/how I selected you to receive a cash sum of $2,000,000 USD, our information below is 100% legitimate, please see the link below: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... le2119137/
My wife and I decided to donate the sum of $2,000,000 USD to you as part of our charity project to improve the lot of 10 lucky individuals all over the world from our $11.3 million Jackpot Lottery winning fund. We prayed and searched over the internet for assistance because i saw your profile on Microsoft email owners list and picked you. Violet my wife and i have decided to make sure this is put on the internet for the world to see. my wife has cancer and she died last year July 16 at colchester regional hospital in truro, my wife just didn't die but she was a great person and I miss her so much and this is why I have decided to do one thing i promised her forever. as you could see from the webpage above, am not getting any younger and you can imagine having no kids at this age. although we won this lottery funds 2 years ago and we have helped some charity organizations from our winnings.

You see after taken care of the needs of our immediate family members, Before she died we decided to donate the remaining of the $11million to other individuals around the world in need, the local fire department, the red cross, Haiti, hospitals in truro where violet underwent her cancer treatment, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, alzheimer's and diabetes and the bulk of the funds deposited with our payout bank of this charity donation. we have kept just 2% of the entire lottery sum to our self for the raining day.

To facilitate the payment process of the funds ($2,000,000 USD) which have been donated solely to you, you are to send us your full names for payment, your contact address and your personal telephone number, so that i can forward your payment information to you immediately. I am hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there in your country. please have to do you part to also alleviate the level of poverty in your region, help as many you can help once you have this money in your personal account because that is the only objective of
donating this money to you in the first place.

I like to re-assure you of the legitimacy of this services as we will not be involved in any fraudulent act and will never be, we only want to feel good by helping people this time of the year, this is the only thing that makes my wife happy too even now that she is not here with me anymore, we have too much to give away as I only have few years left on earth. I will advise as you as the prospective lucky winners to be calm not to loose this great opportunity which millions of people are trying to entangled but the chances just couldn't come for them because a lot of people are out there to discourage them as they don't know how it works, and have never seen such before. Kindly revert back to us for your claim through our direct private email address: [email protected] Or [email protected]

Thank you for accepting our offer, we are indeed grateful.
God bless you
Allen and Violet Large