If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
Advertisement

#240693 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:33 pm
What was the email address the scammer/thief used??

Also post the email headers.

You can find out how to search for email headers in my signature below.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#241651 by sunako_01 Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:34 am
[Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:13 AM] AP.Hcd.Operations:

<<< you will be working directly to our client/account manager
they will be using this skype account as well.
now to be identified, reply - "@rss" and your fullname

ex:
@rss charles lebron

then wait for the acknowledgement.
since you are applying for an online job
you are expected to be always online on skype.

for hr/admin concern address it to us this way..
@hr
<then your msg >

ex:
@hr
here's my bank details..

-end-AP.Hcd.Operations, Tuesday 6:13 AM

....here's the entire conversations..kk :yikes:
#246664 by jbijasa22 Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:14 pm
Helllo i've been a victim of this scam. he still don't know that i already know it. he still gives task to process western union and i said no. What is the best thing to do sir/mam thank you?

Name: adelynne i think he is using my name now! help me

AP.Hcd.Operations here is skype id
#246674 by HillBilly Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:44 pm
welcome to scamwarners, jbijasa22. Sorry to hear you were scammed by this criminal.

what to do depends on a lot of factors. Namely the exact nature of the things you have been doing for this scammer. Do not post the details of what you have been doing here.

the first thing you need to do is drop all contact with the scammer. block his email address(es), phone #(s), and any other means of communication he had with you. Do not even open emails from someone you don't know for the next few weeks.

Then report it to your local authorities. Take all of the paperwork (emails, etc) that you have to prove that you thought you were working a legitimate job with you.

Report it to Western Union as well.

depending on the country you live in, and the systems used to scam you, there are also federal agencies to report it to such as the USA has the IC3, and US Postal Inspector the UK has ActionFraud and Royal Mail, and there is another site called http://econsumer.gov that has about 30 other countries involved within it.

If you have been cashing / depositing checks, notify your bank immediately, and be sure that you have enough funds in your account to make up for all of the bad check fees you will be assessed.

#302548 by Berry22 Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:25 am
Hello. It's just sad how these people do bad things especially for those who are trying to find a job. I have been a victim of these people good thing I checked their email first before sending the 400 fee they are asking me before starting their so called job. the name Jed and Dex was used with the convo's for the job thru email and hangout. Something else happened but I am just so afraid to mention it here.
#322683 by Mary Ann Declaros Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:51 am
lizM92 wrote: OMG I'm speechless, they almost got me too! Thank God I'm a smart ass to be conscious enough and haven't been tricked by these thieves. They sent me this message :

Welcome to NetSolutions Ltd.

We are a US-Based firm specializing in ecommerce/outsourcing.
We are seeking individuals who are available to work IMMEDIATELY or within 24 hours.

Marketing-Assistant - online/non-voice
-Flexible from MON-SAT.
-Php 20,000/mo salary and sent via western union

We need you to be:
- Net savvy
- With reliable internet connection
- Keen to details & with excellent reading/comprehension skills.

Note:
(This job offer is specific to Citizens of the Philippines or
those with permit to work in the country. Part-timers are welcome.)

If available to start immediately then provide these preliminary
requirements:

-Any ID or document that can prove your identity (scan and email )
-Direct contact # (mobile)
-Please take this test - http://www.41q.com/ and email back the result.
-Essay - In less than 50 words, tell us why we should hire you.
-Where did you find this job offer (site , forums,etc)
-Present address

---
Mary Ann Declaros
HR-Executive

=====================================================================

After reading this, I was so excited and was looking forward to be working online,
after doing all this instruction, the following day, they emailed:

The Management is very interested HIRING you!

Below are pre-employment requirements that you must complete within 2days.
Once submitted, you will start working immediately.

Requirements:
(there are 2 options - choose what suits you)

(A)
Fit to work medical cert (not older than 30days from current date),
Transcript + Diploma,
NBI Clearance (not older than 30days from current date),
Government issued IDs,
Certification from recent Employment

*Deadline: max of 2-days starting today.

(B - certification option)
1. Email your 2x2 picture and any ID
2. Pay one-time processing fee (Php 500) to get All-Inclusive
Certification issued by in-house legal contractor to cover all documents
required above.
Payment must be done thru Western Union via contractor’s collection
officer (CO)

*scan and upload files to fileswap.com and just send us the link/url
*more details will be covered during orientation once you start working.

/hired

=============================================================================
I said to myself I'd go to option B, since NBI clearance can take long, and they need it within 2 days,

ANOTHER thing I've though, shouldn't they be interviewing me first before requiring this things?
and if there's only one option, and if that would be option A then it will seem legit.

but there's a processing fee of 500.00. :yikes: sounds really SCAMMY.

AND THANK GOD I GOOGLED "Western Union via contractor’s collection
officer (CO)" and found this forum!

THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES, LET"S DO SOMETHING TO GET THESE
SCAMMERS BEHIND BARS!

I believe I have been a victim of identity theft. How can I clear my name? :twisted: :evil: :yikes:

Hi, I was really shock after seing my name, I was really hurt because I believe I have been a victim of identity theft. How can I clear my name?

Here's what happen, I received an email from a certain stranger few years ago that I qualify for a Manager position for a field work or homebased job, I was hesitant but I tried, so the person is asking for my updated resume/cv application letter, any government I.D for them to consider my application, after lots of replies the person is asking for money from me for them to consider me with the job. Wait!!! Say what? They offer me a job and then theyre asking me to pay something for the activation of my application blah blah, it smells fishy, I know so I responded that I am no longer interested, and havent received any reply or email since then. And then I was terrified seing my name in here!!!! I believe I have been a victim of identity theft. How can I clear my name? :(

lesson learn, never ever trust email from somebody you don't know asking for your government ID's resumes etc. in exchange for a job that is non existing - Mary Ann Declaros here
#322739 by vonpaso xlura Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:20 pm
That was in 2013. If nothing identity-theft-like has happened in the interim (such as someone else opening an account in your name, or you getting bills for things you didn't buy), then most likely the scammer just found your name somewhere and didn't find anything else about you.

If, however, you sent the scammer a scan of your passport, you probably want to get a new one. Scammers use passport scans to pretend to be someone, often editing the name or the picture. Also set up a Google Alert.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10