If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#171371 by hertzmertz Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:37 pm
tried to sell sofa for 950.00 on craigslist got text from tracy williams saying id like buy the sofa after days of back and forth was told her secretary sent the check but sent too much and after check cleared bank to deduct the movers fees and wire the remainder of the check about 1000.00 dollars to man named stanley lucas in longview texas . we did receive a check via ups the check looked real but the return address was apple inc in florida ??? we deposited the check but waited 7 days to clear the bank afterwards it came back nsf we now have a return check fee and no sale on sofa but this idiot still asks for the" FUND" lol here is the scammers number 940-247-2393 beware if anyone has info ill be glad to forward it to longview tx police detectives thanks.
Advertisement

#171395 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:25 am
This is a common ploy in scams. The check is fake, and probably was printed by someone who thinks he has a payroll job working for the scammer. There are three times for clearing a check:
1. The money is available for you to withdraw. This is usually the day after you deposit the check, but can be delayed by a week for big checks.
2. The bank whose account the check is drawn on has forwarded the money to your bank. This can take a couple of weeks. In your case, the check bounced at this stage.
3. The check has had long enough for the owner of the money in the account it was drawn on to alert the bank if the check was unauthorized. This can take months.

Please post the emails. Were you told to send the mover's fee by Western Union?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#218914 by topebayseller Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:32 pm
I shipped to the username on ebay of llo-mzo5vhmj. After several large transactions, the last one came up for review with my credit card processor. Subsequently eBay sent me a suspicious buyer alert. The name I shipped to was Lloyd S. Lucas, but he always referred to himself as "Lucas." I always sent express mail so he signed for all the items. I sent the packages to 1614 Williowview St. Longview Texas. The number he called form was 903.708.5878. Any information is appreciated.